Author Topic: Mindoro  (Read 96489 times)

Offline dahvos

Re: Mindoro
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2011, 12:20:35 AM »
yes the circle was under about six feet of concrete in the center . The japs put plenty of layers of concrete with dirt layers before where we found the symbol but these pics are give or take a month old. And back then i gave the go ahead to continue digging through the concrete just told them to take pics and do a paper and charcoal rub of the symbol just in case. But all that does not matter we just excavated a bar that was encased in concrete. that took 4 days to dig out!!! I am very very certain it is just the tip of the iceberg!!! I am sorry about the pics that u dont get a good sence of scale, unfortunately it is my woman that is taking the pics and does not understand that i wanted scale put in them. also alot of the pics did not come out because the cam got real wet and ruined  in our river when she tried crossing it and almost drowned because of the rains. So i had to buy a new cam that was not so good and that is why these pics are so late comming. Hopefully i will have good pics tomorrow of the gold bar if the weather is good if not u will have to wait a week when i get back from being underway on my naval ship.

Offline dahvos

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2011, 12:29:50 AM »
Is that small circle in the middle or corner of the concrete cover? It MIGHT be the starting point in breaking through that concrete cover. It is just only my opinion. And be careful out there because the smell of the cooked bacon is now in the air, wolves are out there waiting for the right time to snatch it from you.  ;)
Yeah and those wolves will get 2 barrels of .45 1911 springfields pointed at them by 2 ex filipino army rangers (my father in law and his brother)

Offline boboi

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2011, 02:58:02 AM »
yes you must be clever and watchful enough as those wolves are coming around within the vicinity.

wow! good for you now to have a 12 inches gold bar you have recovered.!at least you never failed in your quest..

Offline ghost

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2011, 04:09:12 AM »
Is that small circle in the middle or corner of the concrete cover? It MIGHT be the starting point in breaking through that concrete cover. It is just only my opinion. And be careful out there because the smell of the cooked bacon is now in the air, wolves are out there waiting for the right time to snatch it from you.  ;)
Yeah and those wolves will get 2 barrels of .45 1911 springfields pointed at them by 2 ex filipino army rangers (my father in law and his brother)

My friend, cal .45 is not sufficient to do the perimeter defense at all times. In our country, owning a real big toy is just like buying an expensive candy. Better be prepared for no one can tell the future. Anyway, congrats bro for finding your dream. Just hurry to be on site for you to asses the true situation, for I know you can. You are trained on that.  ;)

Offline dahvos

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 11:30:59 PM »
well here is the first pic of the gold bar i just got offline with my woman!!!! Unfortunately for me and you because of her shoddy internet connection which dropped at least twice a minute only one picture finished loading the rest i could kinda see but were very pixelated do to internet interuptions, so only one good picture for u today but on sunday i will recieve all of them via email and hopefully i can post them here if not u will have to wait one whole week!!! Now i am exhausted and have to wake up in four hours and start my work for my ships underway!!!!!

Offline boboi

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2011, 02:51:37 AM »
looks like not a typical yamashita goldbar.hope to see you posting more clearer pics of this kind some other time..

thanks for posting it..

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 06:21:40 AM »
Dahvos,
Thanks for posting but its not clear and we can't really tell what that thing is. Hopefully, when you post more photos later they will be clear and much better.
Thanks,
TW

Offline Janner

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »

Now I am confused here, I always thought that "1911 '45cal" were made by COLT and NOT "Springfields" as you stated...?
I am surprised no one else picked up on that one to.....?

Offline Janner

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
well here is the first pic of the gold bar i just got offline with my woman!!!! Unfortunately for me and you because of her shoddy internet connection which dropped at least twice a minute only one picture finished loading the rest i could kinda see but were very pixelated do to internet interuptions, so only one good picture for u today but on sunday i will recieve all of them via email and hopefully i can post them here if not u will have to wait one whole week!!! Now i am exhausted and have to wake up in four hours and start my work for my ships underway!!!!!

again confused here, if the internet stops, so does the download, so NO pics! Not pixelated ones or anything...just Nothing!
and why wasnt the pics emailed to you complete there and then..knowing the internet connection is supposedly not good..?

as for the "gold bar", why is the background in focus and the bar is not.?

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 11:08:36 PM »
Well i got some great news to share with u all!!!! We just pulled up the first bar of gold from our dig site yesterday!! at 12 inches long and 2 inches wide and 1.5 inches thick!!! we dont have a scale right now but the estimate weight is over or around 20 kilo's and there is no writing or markings on the gold. Soon i will have it assayed to find out what karat it is or even its authenticy!! I dont have the pics yet and i am going to sea for a week starting in 36 hours so U will see the pics the day i come back the same day i do!!! There is still a hell of alot of concrete to go through so i think this bar was a decoy and i will keep u all updated as we go......further more i will post some more pics that i received a week ago of my dig site at the 3 weeks ago stage" Trouble is brewing though our detector has turned out to be spying on us and calling us every day. Several times my woman and her uncles and papa at night have seen lights at our dig site ( They have already shot and wounded a trespasser). Now they are having to stand armed night watches and things are getting a whole lot stressful for us. keep my woman and her family in your prayers!!!!

Congratulations Dahvos for a job well done... I hope you can go down more deeper for the Volume of bars down there waiting for the new owner.. Hahaha.. Please don't forget to share with us the gold bar pics as it could be an excellent BOOSTER to all newbies including me to strive hard more also to possibly get our own share of the loot....We will include also your family in our prayers...and hoping that all people around the area well be all safe and sound...

Best regards,
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline Gener

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2011, 04:05:21 AM »
.45 Springfield ACP is Different from .45 Colt in manufacturer even both marked 1911 and same ammo..

Offline Janner

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
wasnt aware they called it a 1911 also...ah well "education is free"....

Offline dahvos

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2011, 06:51:15 PM »

again confused here, if the internet stops, so does the download, so NO pics! Not pixelated ones or anything...just Nothing!
and why wasnt the pics emailed to you complete there and then..knowing the internet connection is supposedly not good..?

as for the "gold bar", why is the background in focus and the bar is not.?

Well if anyone is familiar with Yahoo messenger then there is a picture share option.......I could see the pictures real small on friends view but the pictures except one never loaded on my screen. So to answer your question the pictures were never actualy emailed to me but uploaded via yahoo messenger. Your last question i cannot answer but i do know that my woman does not have a good camera nor is she a very good picture taker. We shall all see the rest of the pictures soon but since i am onboard my ship and cannot access regular email untill i am back home we will all have to wait unless she messages the pictures via facebook to me!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:25:53 AM by admin »

Offline dahvos

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2011, 11:45:19 PM »
here u go the promised pictures!!! The lines in the bar are scratch marks from the blade they used to clean the bar of cement. The side views show the 200 gram weight gouge that we are going to assay in a few days. The total weight of the bar is a little over 16 kilos. in a few days i should have some proper pictures with a ruler in it. Again sorry about the quality of the pics but this is just the first taste and we are still digging through cement.

Offline dahvos

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »
here u go