Author Topic: Mindoro  (Read 96507 times)

Offline dahvos

Re: Mindoro
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
hey folks sorry haven't really spoken for a while!! I have had alot of things happening recently. number one my baby was born really early so I am now officially a father and have been focusing on that. The digging continues of course we are at about 55 feet deep now because i sold several head of cattle so i could buy a generator and a jack hammer. Seems like this concrete never ends!!!!!     The other good piece of news is that we located and now know where the uncle who stole our GB is. Found him because he decided to buy a motor bike and registered it   "its nice to have alot of friends in NBI". Soon when i go there next month to see my child and to personally check on the site we shall deal with these bandits.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »
Is that small circle in the middle or corner of the concrete cover? It MIGHT be the starting point in breaking through that concrete cover. It is just only my opinion. And be careful out there because the smell of the cooked bacon is now in the air, wolves are out there waiting for the right time to snatch it from you.  ;)
Yeah and those wolves will get 2 barrels of .45 1911 springfields pointed at them by 2 ex filipino army rangers (my father in law and his brother)

Now I am confused here, I always thought that "1911 '45cal" were made by COLT and NOT "Springfields" as you stated...?
I am surprised no one else picked up on that one to.....?

Springfield Armory is (was) in Massachusetts, but Springfield Armory USA is located in Geneseo, Illinois. The Springfield Armory closed in the 1960's and Springfield Armory USA "resurrected" the Springfield Armory name in 1974. The only connection between the Springfield Armory and Springfield Armory USA is the name.

All are based on variations of the military specifications of 1911 and 1911A1.

Rock Island Armory is made in the Philippines, again based on the 1911 and 1911a1 design.

RIA's have soft frames and slides.  More of a defense weapon rather than actual combat.  If using a RIA we have to re-heat treat the parts raising the cost.  In the Philippines Springfield .45's are prefered even over the Chinese copies of the same.  The newest Colt .45 in my bunch was made in 1983, after that they are more of a cult item than a real weapon, to over priced.

Perhaps you have not been around firearms very much to know this.

Zobex

Offline Janner

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »
Is that small circle in the middle or corner of the concrete cover? It MIGHT be the starting point in breaking through that concrete cover. It is just only my opinion. And be careful out there because the smell of the cooked bacon is now in the air, wolves are out there waiting for the right time to snatch it from you.  ;)
Yeah and those wolves will get 2 barrels of .45 1911 springfields pointed at them by 2 ex filipino army rangers (my father in law and his brother)

Now I am confused here, I always thought that "1911 '45cal" were made by COLT and NOT "Springfields" as you stated...?
I am surprised no one else picked up on that one to.....?

Springfield Armory is (was) in Massachusetts, but Springfield Armory USA is located in Geneseo, Illinois. The Springfield Armory closed in the 1960's and Springfield Armory USA "resurrected" the Springfield Armory name in 1974. The only connection between the Springfield Armory and Springfield Armory USA is the name.

All are based on variations of the military specifications of 1911 and 1911A1.

Rock Island Armory is made in the Philippines, again based on the 1911 and 1911a1 design.

RIA's have soft frames and slides.  More of a defense weapon rather than actual combat.  If using a RIA we have to re-heat treat the parts raising the cost.  In the Philippines Springfield .45's are prefered even over the Chinese copies of the same.  The newest Colt .45 in my bunch was made in 1983, after that they are more of a cult item than a real weapon, to over priced.

Perhaps you have not been around firearms very much to know this.

Zobex

My goodness, did you deliberately search for this old post just to throw at me...? (July 09 2011) that had already been thrashed out so your a bit late, unless of course you are cruising....  :D

as for the statement in bold..well thats something you will never know isnt it...?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2011, 03:54:03 AM »
hey folks sorry haven't really spoken for a while!! I have had alot of things happening recently. number one my baby was born really early so I am now officially a father and have been focusing on that. The digging continues of course we are at about 55 feet deep now because i sold several head of cattle so i could buy a generator and a jack hammer. Seems like this concrete never ends!!!!!     The other good piece of news is that we located and now know where the uncle who stole our GB is. Found him because he decided to buy a motor bike and registered it   "its nice to have alot of friends in NBI". Soon when i go there next month to see my child and to personally check on the site we shall deal with these bandits.

Congratulations, Daddy! Hope your baby is healthy and doing well.

Well, please let us know when you manage to catch up to that lousy cheating uncle of yours. I hope he gets just what he deserves!

Good luck with your site. Please keep us posted.

TW

Offline dahvos

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2011, 10:05:32 PM »
hello folks  i have some good news for you all last Thursday we pulled out another bar of gold this time weighing at 12 kilos and over the weekend have successfully driven it to Manila (including taking a ferry across the verde island passage) First things first on monday my significant other took it to Philtech to try and get a piece assayed. Unfortunately Mr Taylor is on vacation to HK and the person that operates the machinery is in Baguio. so we waited until today for the operator to come back and they assay the 400 gram piece..........i received an sms an hour ago from her  that they say the gold is 75% and is 14k and only $1100 peso per gram.................pppppfffffffffffftttttttt. Are you serious?  because last time i checked 75% gold is 18k. Sounds to me that while the cat is away the mice are at play trying to rip people off. Now i will be forced to use McPhar to test this gold to find out its true percent and karat because i cant trust Philtech now because its employees have tried to cheat us. Mr Taylor will be back next week unfortunately for its employees because after testing it at McPhar we will go back when the Boss is in.

Offline Janner

« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2011, 10:38:09 PM »
very strange to hear that, for the employees to do that to you knowing full well that will get back to the boss..

However first thing we say is..pics PICS just to boost the morale of the younger generation here, and a few oldies to  :D

Just keep all the evidence that you have and present it to Mr Taylor and see what his response is. ?

so until further developments and results, goodluck.. ;)

Offline dahvos

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 11:21:53 PM »
the pics will come after we can sell a few gram worth. Camera broke six weeks ago and since i fund this project on my personal wages and after having the baby i cant afford a decent one until we sell a little. But rest assured before we sell this bar i will make sure to give u pictures as well as documentation..... Just so every one knows i am not a treasure hunter i am just a sailor who got lucky.....I get frustrated  because i am a very meticulous person and like details myself. I like to know dimentions and depth ,weight and values, materials, weather ect ect. and have documentation and recordings on paper and video if i could but since i am personally not there that stuff does not happen. All five men working on the dig bust their asses at the crack of dawn till sundown, between the five of them they can eat over a kilo of rice in one day (breaking cement aint easy) and my lady just gave birth but she cooks and watches the child now so does not have the luxury to keep me updated or remember the details we would. Now she is  in manila with a bar of undetermined value of gold. So i may not be there breaking rock and getting all the details personally but i finance this venture which sometimes ends up being over half my monthly wages easy and i am not an officer or anything just an E-4 in the good ol military. 

t_hunter44

« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2011, 01:47:59 AM »
hello folks  i have some good news for you all last Thursday we pulled out another bar of gold this time weighing at 12 kilos and over the weekend have successfully driven it to Manila (including taking a ferry across the verde island passage) First things first on monday my significant other took it to Philtech to try and get a piece assayed. Unfortunately Mr Taylor is on vacation to HK and the person that operates the machinery is in Baguio. so we waited until today for the operator to come back and they assay the 400 gram piece..........i received an sms an hour ago from her  that they say the gold is 75% and is 14k and only $1100 peso per gram.................pppppfffffffffffftttttttt. Are you serious?  because last time i checked 75% gold is 18k. Sounds to me that while the cat is away the mice are at play trying to rip people off. Now i will be forced to use McPhar to test this gold to find out its true percent and karat because i cant trust Philtech now because its employees have tried to cheat us. Mr Taylor will be back next week unfortunately for its employees because after testing it at McPhar we will go back when the Boss is in.
      You got me confused, you wrote $1100 PESO per Gram, so what is the price really, is it in Dollars or pesos?

Offline dahvos

« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2011, 05:40:52 AM »
peso

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2011, 06:00:03 AM »
Honestly speaking, an 18 karats gold is worth P1,600 per gram here in northeastern luzon, particularly in Cordon, Isabela due to the gold nuggets that were paneled from the Didipio, Quirino - Kasibu, Nueva Vizcaya area where the Oceana Gold Corporation is also operating.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:35:56 PM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline dahvos

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »
and 24k gold is worth around 55usd per gram which is 2,385 peso

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »
Congratulations Dahvos, well done...Hope you can share the pictures soon as it is an excellent moral booster to us and others who are still in the midst of their struggle to have their own share of the loot.

More power.... ;)

Best regards,
Elyong
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline polc

« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »
a good Christmas to you and your family :)

Offline dahvos

« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
I'm pretty anxious to get to the real cache of loot just so it can just be over with!!! Been working on this site since late Febuary, but who knows it could be another 100ft deep! ???

Offline Myres

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
Hi there Dahvos! I hope I get to see the gb pictures soon! Am sure it will inspire me to work harder. What's that they say? Like metals attract... or anyway something like that.