Author Topic: WWII Japanese compass  (Read 41281 times)

Offline NORTHSTAR

Re: WWII Japanese compass
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 03:41:41 AM »
Another picture

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 03:47:30 AM »
Unlike in this position, There will be some degree of error. You need to hold your breath to stand still and get the right direction..

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 04:34:24 AM »
http://translation.sensagent.com/eter/id-ja/    This the link for translation of ETER in Japanese

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:37 AM »
Analogical Tree - It is the analogical Matching on matters about similar in sounding, Algorithm and applications.

Therefore ETER is similar in sound with METER.

Try again 

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:14 AM »
Analogical Tree - It is the analogical Matching on matters about similar in sounding, Algorithm and applications.

Therefore ETER is similar in sound with METER.

Try again 

Got you.. That's all I got. Jejeje ::) ::) ::)

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 04:58:36 AM »
He-he, who got who? Your METER is a S.I. version (System Internationale) which was ONLY ADOPTED in 1977-1978. therefore what year was your COMPASS made? ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 05:03:58 AM »
The "Metre" or "Meter".

#
# ^ The Metric Conversion Act of 1975 gives the Secretary of Commerce of the US the responsibility of interpreting or modifying the SI for use in the US. The Secretary of Commerce delegated this authority to the Director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) (Turner). In 2008, NIST published the US version (Taylor and Thompson, 2008a) of the English text of the eighth edition of the BIPM publication Le Système international d'unités (SI) (BIPM, 2006). In the NIST publication, the spellings "meter", "liter" and "deka" are used rather than "metre", "litre" and "deca" as in the original BIPM English text (Taylor and Thompson, 2008a, p. iii). The Director of the NIST officially recognised this publication, together with Taylor and Thompson (2008b), as the "legal interpretation" of the SI for the United States (Turner).

so you can see, the word "Meter" was "Never" used during WWII by anyone!

Source Wikipedia

What was seen on one gadget with "METER" part was in "S.I. (Sytem Internationale)" and the first country who adopted the S.I. was in 1977-1978 and therefore it was definitely made after the war.  :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 07:18:49 AM »
eter:

measuring block, measuring unit...karat...displacement unit...etc. THIS IS A UNIT OF ADOPTION.

Now THEREFORE, upon your posting:

1:25,000 eter means 1:25,000 UNITS??? Units of WHAT????

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!! Bwahahahah ;D ;D ;D

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »
1:25,000 karats???, 1:25,000 lbs/cubic meters??? 1:25,000 displacement unit???

Go back to High School Physics.

t_hunter44

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
Unlike in this position, There will be some degree of error. You need to hold your breath to stand still and get the right direction..
     Hold your breath, what, to read the Compass,  ::), so, what you are saying is there will be no movement at all to be able to read the compass for it to read properly, then you cannot read the compass when you are at sea or you have so much jitter that you cannot hold the compass steady as you run out of alcohol or drugs. Some more of your crap NS. You should have been a politician,you will make a good one, WHY, you keep talking even when your brain had STOPPED. >:(

t_hunter44

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »

Dindo

You get a good point in your above statement that Japanese adopted metric system as their standard of measurement before the war.. Take a look at the scale of the compass used by Japanese.. 1: 25,000     Meter. But the readable word is ETER
[/quote]
       REply #16. Enlarge the photo and one can read the word METER, get your eyes checked.

t_hunter44

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
1:25,000 karats???, 1:25,000 lbs/cubic meters??? 1:25,000 displacement unit???

Go back to High School Physics.

DB, I bet ya NS do not know himself.

Offline Gener

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »
Well i used an engineers compass few days ago and it works so perfect even im standing on top of a moving rock in the middle of a river! Only that compass helped me to find what many previous hunters havent seen and i found it within just few minutes..... ;D ;) ;D...the group are dying of joy afterwards!

HELLO EVERYBODY!!! HAVE A NICE & BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

Offline Southern TH

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »
Hello sir Gener,

What a nice story, can you post what kind of compass  is that and may i ask if it is available in the market.  Thanks and GOD Bless..

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 04:25:29 AM »
Hey Gener. Welcome back!
TW