Author Topic: Imperial Japanese Geodetic Survey, Mapmaking,Maps: In context to Ph. T. Hunting  (Read 95977 times)

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

MAP OF JAPAN's SOUTH PACIFIC MANDATE

Note: This is my proof that somehow, all, GEODETIC MEASUREMENTS & the corresponding MAPPING here in the Philippines were also subsequently done to establish a GEODETIC LINKAGE BETWEEN PHILIPPINES AND JAPAN, to orient Philippines space to the same spatial matrix as the Japanese homeland, and thus into alignment with Japan’s own cartographic conventions. 

---Thus, In this hobby of ours EAST pointings should always be watched out.
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
---William Jennings Bryan

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Survey lines as "treasure grids"/ "Treasure signs"

We have touched the topics of surveying, especially the triangulation technique, map making, and maps. We definitely have arrived to put it into context to our hobby, Treasure Hunting, specifically here in the Philippines.
It is believed that the number one reason for us to fail in locating a treasure is due to the lack of exact and truthful information.

There are the THAPI and LUZVIMINDA codes on the subject of treasure signs and symbols, and some of us here have been pretty creative in their "solutions" to these treasure markers. And it is one of these "creative solutions" that this emphasis was made, hoping to set the record straight before anyone tries to apply this solution to their own treasure site.

The "solution" that will be discussed has to do with survey lines, or, to put it, "treasure grids."

“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

It is very true that surveying was an essential part in the making of a treasure map.

Whether we are talking about an Imperial Japanese Golden Lily map, surveying was needed to help ensure that the treasure could be relocated.

Note: That’s the first thing we do together with my Father, When we subdivide lots here, we need to relocate one “mother” land area.

By following the details on map, we can relocate lost monuments and or locate the exact old position of lost or moved monuments.

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Understandably, this act of surveying at a treasure site was "backed up" with treasure signs and symbols.

These signs and symbols are just as important as the survey lines, since it was through these signs that we would be able to confirm that we were, indeed, on the correct path to the treasure.

The reason for this "confirmation" process is simple, there are several "false trails" on EVERY treasure map, and if we were to follow one of these false trails, then we would need to know what we did wrong as well as how to correct our mistake and get back on the right track.

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

The reason we went into the survey design is because treasure map  tells us that we must do this in order to find the treasure.

The only problem is, the part of the map that tells us to do all of this surveying is, without a doubt, a false trail.

It is a trail designed to mislead us, and there, we will be lost, or, at least we will be far away from the exact position and location of treasure.

Now, surveying IS a very vital part in the CREATION of a treasure map,

and, here is how it works.....

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Note:

Before we move much further, i would like to emphasize, that sometime in my humble beginnings i did not know these things i am talking about to you now.

These are all gathered through proper diligence and actual field operations experiences, most of these are compounded learning, hence, least i'll be accused of plagiarism, i give due credits where credits is due especially on this particular topic---Survey lines as "treasure grids"/ "Treasure signs"

The words are so perfect for the emphasis sake of it, that i chose not to alter some sentences and paragraphs...I just added my own emphasis based on true experience.

My role here is to connect Imperial Japanese Surveying technique to Philippine treasure hunting since my sources on these topic, brought emphasis only to Jesuits, Templars and KGC's treasure, i am obligated to connect it specifically to Philippine settings...

Mabuhay!!!
I give due credits to both Rangler and to his mentor Diggi'n and thanks for sharing...

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

When making a treasure map, there IS ALWAYS a beginning point given on the map. This beginning (A point) is nowhere near the treasures location (the Z point, the treasures location). So, what happens is that we need to know where to go from the A point, which includes the distances and directions needed for each pace of the way.

Getting to this A point is not complicated, we simply make our way to this point in whatever way that we can.

From here on, out is where we want to pay particular attention because EVERY instruction given on the treasure map from here on out is given in COMPASS DEGREES and EXACT MEASUREMENTS.

And folks, this is exactly how surveying pertains to treasure maps.

The surveying, in other words, was DONE ONLY ONCE, and that was at the creation of the treasure map that some are holding.

After the creation of the map, every instruction needed to relocate the treasure room was set forth in compass degrees and exact measurements, and there is none bit of surveying needed in order to relocate a treasure room

Now, back at the A point, This first instruction from the A point is ALWAYS quite a distance away. Sometimes it's several hundred feet, sometimes it's a mile or two or three or four, etc, etc, etc,. The point is this, we really don't want to try to measure this first distance given.
We can if we want, but I guarantee you, it's a waste of time.

All we need to do is this, MAKE SURE  TO HAVE THE CORRECT COMPASS DEGREE as well as some idea of the distance.

Then just start walking in the compass direction given. When we have gone the proper distance, we will find a SIGN OR A SYMBOL, maybe even a large boulder monument, either way a sign will be found that tells us that we are to stop at this point (at that sign or symbol), and that FROM THIS POINT WE MAKE ANOTHER CHANGE IN DIRECTION, which means that we will also be given another distance to travel.

We will find that when we leave the A point and get to our next point, our distances will decrease immensely. We may find that from this second point, your next distance to go may be 30 feet or less, and this is when we are going to need to start using our tape measure.

Based on actual experience, i saw big "C" signs on old coconut trees distanced from each other, but as i am going farther trying to find the next "C" sign, the sign gets smaller and the distances in between the next"C" sign decreases also."--Thus one point, based on experience that the Imperial Japanese Treasure Burial Planners did somehow followed the "society's hidden codex"

Once we get the feel for this treasure "hiding and locating" system we won't have a need for paper maps.
Just think about it for a moment. When following the instructions on the map, you will, AT EVERY POINT where there is a change in direction and distance, find a boulder or some kind of PERMANENT object that will have signs and symbols on it helping you out.

By getting the knowledge and the feel for these maps, we will be able to spot these "helpers".
And that is why I can say that we don't have to have a map to locate ANY treasure, just ability.

Personally: Owning or accessing JIA treasure site map is much better compared to none, to remember, JIA engineers may have followed on some codes from the "secret society" codex but they definitely modified and strengthened their own.

As long as the treasure has been *monumented, and as long as those *monuments haven't been destroyed, and as long as we have the experience, we will be able to locate the exact position of the treasure rooms.
*Of course we should not expect real survey monunents, it could be now in the form of any unmovable odd looking rocks or boulders that can at least maintain its position thru eternity which only can be moved by an “act of god”.
If the Japanese treasure burial planner officers location is far from those said permanent structures, secondary choice of a modified *monument could be odd centennial hardwood trees. They can also set up bearings on big & prominent but ever fix mountains, such as the
Mount Apo, Philippines highest peak.

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
I do believe there are some few analytically inclined hunters who are really on the know...

Now, Treasure hunting for the JIA loot is really not that easy...

Of course, another variable now comes in question, such as, do we have the proper tools and equipments? – and in this connection comes another topic,

Getting a partner

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Hayy kapoy... I got to rest for now...  back again tomorrow...
 :-* :-* :-* ;) ;) ;)

Offline Janner

and now...its starting to get interesting..... ;)

oh a little tidbit for you, the BP or bearing Picket card of the military surveyors..

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Thanks Jan.....

Some images too before proceeding....while organizing my topics here.

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
image 1

Just what is this?, found in Japan a focus beam?

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
more..

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
another..

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
One of our survey aide on the field on top of KIAGOT mountain fronting Digos, hey ya Treasure hunters of old, does it ring a bell?

The actual image is heavy on pixels and with that i am having troubles of posting, it shows the actual background that is of KIAGOT and COGON heights.

Anyways, the emphasis is on the Surveying topic and not a certain site that is for the meantime.
But during that actual survey, we did however find a hole by accident while following leads via an old BL monument circa 1933

Ok i'll just attach pics via MS word,,, be back on it in a while