Author Topic: How to limit the effects of poison gas  (Read 8659 times)

Ran_007

How to limit the effects of poison gas
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »
Gud day to everyone. Do people here know how to minimize gas poisons aside from using ventilation to clear out the fumes inside the hole? We already used some solutions like soap powder+madre de cacao concoction+water solution, chlorine solution, vinegar solution. We put a lot of deactivated charcoal or "uling" to it; we tried to suck the air up using a 3" blower but unfortunately, no effect. The gas keeps leaking out from the hardened soil when hit by a shovel. How do we manage this guys? Please help.

Offline vance

• Not your ordinary guy.
Re: How to limit the effects of poison gas
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
I suggest to fill the hole with water and let it overflow. It has been successfully used to neutralize gas poison in many pits and I guess this is worth trying in your dig.

Ran_007

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 03:43:42 AM »
Yes vance there's only seepage of water in our hole. Water is really necessary in this kind of situation because without water the workers will easily suffocate inside especially in an 80ft deep like ours. Safety gears were effective but the workers find it hard to breathe without an oxygen tank. Right now we're just clearing the air out maybe a week or so. We've reached the stairs of the tunnel but sad to say we can only wait because of the poison gas.

Offline Janner

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 04:34:14 AM »
Yes vance there's only seepage of water in our hole. Water is really necessary in this kind of situation because without water the workers will easily suffocate inside especially in an 80ft deep like ours. Safety gears were effective but the workers find it hard to breathe without an oxygen tank. Right now we're just clearing the air out maybe a week or so. We've reached the stairs of the tunnel but sad to say we can only wait because of the poison gas.

how do you know a tunnel is there with stairs? after all you say its 80ft deep.....and you cant see that deep !!

Ran_007

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »

how do you know a tunnel is there with stairs? after all you say its 80ft deep.....and you cant see that deep !!

The topic here is about minimizing the effects of poison gases not the way how we dig our hole. If u wanna know Mr. Janner it's not only a vertical straight digging. We follow directions based on the stone signs and soil layers as well. We know it because it's the only hardened layer discovered after removing the soft layer which is made of sand, gravel and soil. Every flight of stairs is measured 1 meter which makes it easier for JIA to hand over the valuables from soldier to soldier until it reaches to wherever they want it to place or hide. Well, let's back to the topic which is on poison gas.

Offline Janner

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 10:37:25 PM »

The topic here is about minimizing the effects of poison gases not the way how we dig our hole. If u wanna know Mr. Janner it's not only a vertical straight digging. We follow directions based on the stone signs and soil layers as well. We know it because it's the only hardened layer discovered after removing the soft layer which is made of sand, gravel and soil. Every flight of stairs is measured 1 meter which makes it easier for JIA to hand over the valuables from soldier to soldier until it reaches to wherever they want it to place or hide. Well, let's back to the topic which is on poison gas.

wow what a arrogant person you are!
 you mentioned it in your post so its there for us (the public) to ask inquire or comment
so get down off your high horse and be civil.

personally i reckon its bologny but there we are, my opinion.
as for the gas, wear a gas mask ffs !!!

have a nice day digging big holes  ::)

Ran_007

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 03:47:24 AM »

wow what a arrogant person you are!
 you mentioned it in your post so its there for us (the public) to ask inquire or comment
so get down off your high horse and be civil.

personally i reckon its bologny but there we are, my opinion.
as for the gas, wear a gas mask ffs !!!

have a nice day digging big holes  ::)

And this is how you describe an arrogant person now??? Judging people you personally don't know? You know I joined this site in chance of finding some facts about treasure hunting not making a debate of how arrogant people are. I'm very disappointed. I mean business here and i don't want to waste my time with you. Now if you want to contribute about the topic please do, but if you aren't, don't make a fuss around here because I observed in other forums that's what you actually do. Good day SIR!

Offline Janner

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 04:00:46 AM »

And this is how you describe an arrogant person now??? Judging people you personally don't know?
You know I joined this site in chance of finding some facts about treasure hunting not making a debate of how arrogant people are. I'm very disappointed. I mean business here and i don't want to waste my time with you. Now if you want to contribute about the topic please do, but if you aren't, don't make a fuss around here because I observed in other forums that's what you actually do. Good day SIR!

Really? Being as i dont belong to any other forum how did you work that out...
Judging a person can be by the reply received or even a look, so you fit just right!
and now contributing to your topic, as per your "demands" not requests,........ buy a gas mask numnuts.

Ran_007

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 04:42:19 AM »

Really? Being as i dont belong to any other forum how did you work that out...
Judging a person can be by the reply received or even a look, so you fit just right!
and now contributing to your topic, as per your "demands" not requests,........ buy a gas mask numnuts.

Judging a person based on reply or look? Wew, I pity you man. Have you experienced being the "abantero" or the actual digger? How difficult it is to breathe with a gas mask on? I bet you haven't.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »
Ran YOU are getting too much out of line now. Janner is correct and he is just giving his comments to what you have asked here. Please cool it and let's stick to the topic.
Thx.
TW

Offline Janner

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 10:56:52 PM »

Judging a person based on reply or look? Wew, I pity you man. Have you experienced being the "abantero" or the actual digger? How difficult it is to breathe with a gas mask on? I bet you haven't.

well being as you asked...yes i have, and also many combat zones to. nothing like fighting with a gas mask on kiddo. but then again you wouldnt know would you...?!

so continue to dig, with or without a life saving gas mask....... ;)