SEA Finds Board > What is it?

Is this stone valuable?

(1/2) > >>

La Asturiana:
Good morning treasure hunters, good morning Admin.

A friend has found this stone in their digging in a site which they suspect something was buried.  This stone weighs more than 7 kilos.  Actually it was more than 8 kilos when they found it but because of taking of little portions for samples its weight and size lessen.  Does this stone has value? According to the one who found it this was place inside a wooden box buried underground.  The box was already decaying when they've found it.  Sorry for the picture, the person taking it did not place an object wherein we can compare its size.

I hope you can share your comments and ideas regarding this stone. 

yamideo:
looks like a tree sap or almaciga.. from your picture.

zeeker:
it's blurred, pls post a clearer picture so we can give a clearer opinion ;)

La Asturiana:
Thank you for your comments Sirs.

Here is a clearer picture taken just today as they handed me the sample.  Sorry for I have mentioned above that the picture is more than 7 kilos, that picture they have given me above is only from the sample, not the 7 kilos, they keep the 7 kilos.

I don't think its almaciga or wood resin, its hard, its really a stone or a portion of a rock.  We doubt that it is a gemstone, only we don't have idea about how gemstones look like when still unprocessed. They found also a samurai (sword with Japanese markings) from that same site, I hope I can get some photo also of that said samurai.

The picture with file name "with flash2" is taken with a camera's flash turned on, while the picture with file name "wout flash2" is taken when flash was turned off.

Again I am hoping that you will share your ideas.

admin:
Why don't you bring the sample to a jewelry shop and get it professionally tested?
TW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version