Author Topic: American sailor, explorer, and TH in Philippines  (Read 3717 times)

Offline pbmaise

American sailor, explorer, and TH in Philippines
« on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:34 AM »
Hello,
My hobby is exploring the Philippines in search of signs of ancient man. It is these signs and the creations they made that I consider to be treasures. I am particularly interested in findings that are pre-Spanish.

I am not in search of gold and have no interest in recovering anything that is not very old.

Sadly I frequently find THs have damaged the same sites I find of interest. Many ancient boulders were carved by the ancients and I keep finding signs of digging around them without realizing the carving itself is valuable.

I gain information from locals who share with me their findings. 

In one case THs destroyed an ancient statue because they hoped it contained gold. They destroyed an actual treasure hoping to find a less valuable treasure inside.

In another case a TH found Japanese bottles left behind from WWII. Nice, but of no value to me in my quest for ancient signs.

I wish to point out I know the rules and play by them. Often I take nothing but pictures.

If you have found something and need help to see if it is valuable, please please feel free to contact me before taking a hammer to it and smashing it.

I will be sharing here some of my greatest finds in the Philippines.

Some of my finds I will not share since I fear THs will conclude there might be something inside.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: American sailor, explorer, and TH in Philippines
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:55:20 AM »
Good job, Pbmaise. I hope you find what you're looking for.
TW

Offline Yojuyo

Re: American sailor, explorer, and TH in Philippines
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:19:21 PM »
One place to suggest.

PANTAO

The word itself refers to an ancient giants.
" One FAILURE doens' t matter in the great scheme of life."