Author Topic: of hill and tree  (Read 23908 times)

Offline kaloy

Re: of hill and tree
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2018, 07:25:24 PM »
i like the last sentence, another bolo was found and this time the blade is longer than the first one but it had a cut handle, all was left is an inch-long handle.

Offline Voyager

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »
Pointing to another deposit? If I'm not mistaken our friend fom1113 said that there could be 3 medium deposits around that tree.  You might want to try measuring the blade of the bolos in cm. and convert it to meters.  That could be the distance of the deposit from the bolos.  (but if your area was occupied by Koreans, then inches to feet or yards).

V

Offline kaloy

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 04:15:49 AM »
undisturbed soil cover?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 06:00:41 PM »
Certainly looks like it.
TW

undisturbed soil cover?

Offline kaloy

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »
yeah. hard and compact. we locally call it "pila". i dont know how it is called in english for that soil type.

Offline Voyager

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
yes, I'm afraid looks like undisturbed.

V

Offline renantiur

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2018, 02:31:36 AM »

try drilling. and drill as many holes as you like until you hit the gold.

Offline kaloy

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2018, 06:36:23 AM »
yes drilling is sure and logical move...but i just want to go simple and unnoticed. thanks

in 50 year time or more, and with the action of water as this site is wet from july to december, is it possible that the dug site will almost go back to its original form assuming that the soil taken up before was returned to its original hole with few mixes of course and some foreign objects? thanks

Offline kaloy

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2018, 07:11:46 AM »
found an empty shell (not sure about the caliber) with a headstamp of "SL". . i looked it up in the wikipedia and it means saint louis ordnance plant in missouri. 1941-1945...

enochsea7

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2018, 07:47:12 AM »
Wow that's a trip... Really seems like that could be a from a gun fight between U.S. soldiers and the Japanese. Sure sign something went down in that area.

Offline kaloy

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 01:11:10 PM »
yeah, i just cant figure out why American ammo was used if ever that's a Japanese treasure marker, maybe it's just a trash...anyway it was found at 2ft, shallow enough to be a marker, that depth may at the surface during the 1940s as the area received soil debris from the creek during the rainy season. thanks

Offline Voyager

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 06:41:43 PM »
Thunting is mostly solving puzzles.  The more puzzle you solve the nearer you get to the load. 

In our case we employ an accurate dowser, then do drilling.  But of course it's only applicable to shallow load and with ordinary soil.  Or you could employ 3 dowsers. Our dowser told us that he was once employed by a Japanese group during construction of an airport (the said airport was previously an old airport by the Japanese during WW2 and was converted to a modern one - of course the winning bidder was a Japanese group).  The said Japanese contractor would employ 3 dowsers - one Japanese and 2 Filipinos - dowsing the area without meeting each other and at different hours of the day.  IF their result is the same - meaning SAME AREA AND DEPTH, the Japanese will once close the area and commence work.  However the dowser will be called up again to return about 5 ft. before the load to confirm if the load is still there.  One time he said, the backhoe operator forgot that he's supposed to stop and continued, hitting the wooden boxes filled with bars wrapped with asphalt...
 My experience however is downers can be accurate in depth if the load is shallow. To be sure theres the need for drilling.

V

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 07:18:02 PM »
found an empty shell (not sure about the caliber) with a headstamp of "SL". . i looked it up in the wikipedia and it means saint louis ordnance plant in missouri. 1941-1945...

That is 1944, the last digit is the one used for dating.  If it was date stamped 1944, it would not make it into theater use till 1945 because of supply delivery timing.  Old ww2 ammo was being given out to other countries as late as 1970, being at that time only 15 years old.  A lot of the ammo used in 1942 was dated 1918 - 1921 .  Probably PH ranger or scout use in the past, unless there is a pile of spent brass there.  As late as 1970 I could purchase surplus WW2 ammo locally and blast up the stuff out in the local desert.  In particular 30cal carbine.  Lots of it was still available.  Wow that was 48 years ago, man just thinking that made me feel old.

Z

Offline kaloy

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 04:39:15 AM »
yes it suggests that those cartridges were used prior to Liberation when Americans cleaned the area for the remaining Japanese strugglers seeking refuge in the mountains.. stories of Japanese soldiers stealing foods after the Liberation were told by the old folks in the area...

Offline kaloy

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 03:25:05 AM »
assuming i am targetting a load at/or near tree C, is it 40, 45, or 50 degrees? or if there is/are small scattered load/s in the middle or near the middle of line tree A to tree C, can you give me a coordinate where it is most likely located?
thanks thanks...