Author Topic: Man-made or Natural rock  (Read 751 times)

Offline Bose Yu

Re: Man-made or Natural rock
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
@fom1113: Got it Sir. So having a metal detector would still be an advantage as I've read some posts and thread stating that NOT all concrete vaults have items inside. So the best thing to do would just to determine the weight in relation to the dimension of the concrete vault (referring to small sized vault like a small deposit or giveaway). That would save us time rather than breaking the very hard concrete vault only to find that there's nothing inside since you have mentioned that most items are encased or enclosed with that that kind of concrete vault.

@renantiur: Sir, I respect your opinion that you don't favor using a metal detector on locating an item. Well, we need to have MD so that we will not be wasting our time to continue on digging some site that our cousins had previously operated. It's just we want the MD for confirmation if the site can detect something. And of course we will be practicing the equipment over time to study on how it works and operates.

@kaloy: No problem Sir. That's your own opinion and I respect that.
"Keep on Reading and You'll keep on Learning."

Offline fom1113

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »
Buy a pulse induction, a very reliable kind of technology in terms of penetrating rocks. Although PI gadgets do not go deeper than those two boxes vlf style or gpr but this is an essential tool for assurance of load inside rocks. Before using your detector you must apply a ground balancing process first by getting a large chip of a suspected loaded rock and do a ground balance on your gadget [read your manual]. After that you are ready to test the boulder or big loaded rock. Every rock should pass to a ground balance process before detecting as different rocks may have different mineralization or possible planted mineralization. In my reasearch in buying a detector GARRETT ATX is the ultimate. This kind of machine is an Incredible Hulk of all PI machines especially when using monoloop coil. I dont have it, planning to buy one someday.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »
@fom1113: Thanks for that info Sir about that PI which is the Garrett ATX. It's amazing that it is waterproof even at 3M Depth. But my concern is about its detection depth. I know that it has a Deep Seeking capability but unfortunately, it was not shown or said in its description on how deep can it detect a target underground. You have mentioned that it don't have a deeper detection compared to 2 box MD just like White's TM 808 but We know that japanese items are buried several feet underground. The question is how deep really can it detect as the Garrett's page as well as user reviews never mentioned about it.

I'm basing it from this link or maybe I just have missed something. Hmp...

https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_main_en.aspx

Offline fom1113

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 11:00:56 AM »
Most of the US made metal detectors are built for nuggets, coins and relic hunting only that is why its manual intended to those specific targets but you must keep in mind that detector sensitivity is affected by treasure load dimension or proportionate to depth. Meaning if a detector can find a can at a depth of 2 feet it can detect a 3X3 feet stack of gold bars at a depth of probably 10 feet.

If you want a much deeper penetrating gadget try searching this. GOLDEN MASK PRO3 its cheaper but not waterproof. Buy package of 2 different coils, round and square coil. 2meters X 2meters coil will surely penetrate up to 25 feet according to its manual. I believe that machine will penetrate to 35 feet. Reaching 35 feet depth is crucial to finding small deposit rock embedded gold bars because that is the standard depth of small deposits all over the Philippines except those rocky terrain and seashore coral beaches burial sites. Faint signal will give you a clue of a deeper target. You should master all of its functions before using that in actual searching.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline renantiur

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 05:44:24 PM »

HI SIr fom 1113, with your golden pro mask 3, have you recovered any yama treasure yet/

Offline fom1113

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2018, 02:30:41 PM »
I dont have any metal detector like that. If i recovered treasure using any gadgets i wont tell anyone.

Offline fom1113

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2018, 02:37:45 PM »
Sir Renantiur do you recovered treasure using your pinpointing dowsing style?

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2018, 03:12:03 PM »
We started using an 808 about 19 years ago.  A good solid machine.  Not a pin point but at depth pin point is not really that close anyway.  In 2000 I was really surprised when we found a 1 inch diameter bar buried about 22 feet down.  The signal was there so we dug and dug and dug.  At 15 feet we found some red bricks buried so I knew there had been someone there before so we kept digging and found the first metal at 22 feet, the steel bar.  After that I had a great liking for the 808.  Back in 2010 I purchased a Nokta Gold King. a good metal detector but don't believe what the screen says describing a deposit.  I once scanned the septic tank at my house because I had planned on opening it up and doing the 15 year clean out.  The Nokta said congratulations I had found an open chamber filled with GOLD ! !  Made me laugh for years about that.  ( many years back my Dad had this comment about shitting gold bricks, some kind of joke.  Long before we did any TH.  Again it made me laugh. )

Any one who knows anything about drilling would run a grid pattern drilling.  If you were drilling for a bunker and hit it, you will know immediately when the drill bit and rod drops down.  I did that in 2014, we were drilling looking for some deposit a dowser said was there.  At about 14 feet the drill rod and bit fell about 4-5 feet.  YEA I thought.  Turned out we drilled into an under ground stream.  Made a fantastic water well but no gold.

I liked drilling, we had a drilling company in the USA back in 1981 going forward.  Geologic sampling, pulling up core samples.  Always watch what is being pulled up.

Just my ramblings for a now retired TH'r .

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 03:21:24 PM »
This has been my standard detector for years.  If it is metal, it will find it.  I have the full range of coils for it.  AND it runs on throw away batteries.  I use USA Copper Top's .  Those last the longest.

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/sierra-madre

There is one draw back.  It is worthless for places where there is a lot of manganese and iron nodules.  I know of only one island in the PH that has that problem with nodules.  Other wise if you are in the mountains or what not, ANY metal signal is good to follow.  If there is metal there, then someone was there before you.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
Thanks for your input Sir fom1113 and Sir Zobex...

Offline fom1113

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2018, 08:02:17 PM »
GOLDEN MASK Pro3 SE has a trash and small target avoiding capability feature. Although i did not test it yet as i dont have it for now but in my research i found this gadget as the most capable in YT backfill. MD that avoids small metals used as treasure signs is the most appropriate in most YT sites.

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
Golden Mask Pro is actually a good PI deep-seeking MD but my only concern is that this MD don't have a depth detection estimate though you may notice the strength of its beep when it detects something. But there's also some deep-seeking MD with a depth detection capabilities as per manual and its instructions. But the only thing that concerns most is that we still haven't personally tested those equipment for its full functionalities. So these would all remain just a question in our minds.