Author Topic: Snails and shells found...  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Bose Yu

Snails and shells found...
« on: March 20, 2020, 06:20:34 AM »
Good day my fellow TH. I just want to ask your opinion regarding these shells that we found in our dig site. It is under the cliff that has somewhat like a triangle or a one side face of a pyramid. We tried to dig and widen the area since its difficult to enter even a single person. As we positioned in there, we were able to remove a pile of limestone rocks which we think are put in there intentionally. If it is really natural, how come they are piled in there and there is a hole in the inside that we can peep on it so we still need to clear the area thinking there might be an entrance of a tunnel or a hollow area which was covered with these stones.

One of the attached picture are the shells that we found. By the way our dig site is around 30 meters to the sea.
"Keep on Reading and You'll keep on Learning."

Offline renantiur

Re: Snails and shells found...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 06:15:34 AM »
you could get shells everywhere.

finding some shells and limestones in an area does not mean you are on the right spot.

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 03:30:18 PM »
@renantiur: Sir, I understand your opinion that shells and limestones can be found everywhere. But here is another thing, we were able to uncover an "AVON BOTTLE CAP" and its empty portion has been filled with limestone dust. It is well preserved since its under the ground and shaded area and even heavy rains could not penetrate its area. It is under the pile of limestone rocks and dust and we are thinking how did it get there. It has a diameter of 3.5 cm and a height of 4 cm. I tried to check avon history and found that the company already existed before the WW2.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 12:23:07 AM »
@renantiur: Sir, I understand your opinion that shells and limestones can be found everywhere. But here is another thing, we were able to uncover an "AVON BOTTLE CAP" and its empty portion has been filled with limestone dust. It is well preserved since its under the ground and shaded area and even heavy rains could not penetrate its area. It is under the pile of limestone rocks and dust and we are thinking how did it get there. It has a diameter of 3.5 cm and a height of 4 cm. I tried to check avon history and found that the company already existed before the WW2.

Late 1950's to 1960's  bottle cap I believe.

Z

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 05:01:35 PM »
Our operation in this site has been stopped for the reason that a lot of people can see us everytime we passed around the area. Some of them also complained our dig so we moved to another location.