Author Topic: OLDEST TREE IN THE PHILIPPINES  (Read 20884 times)

t_hunter44

Re: OLDEST TREE IN THE PHILIPPINES
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »
tony,
     when i was young i always read the book own by my father,"achieving good english".in that book i saw a tree, a huge tree not knowing it was the largest tree in the world which can be found in california.the "RED WOOD TREE".i think it is the one you are referring to.a single tree could built a house with 25 rooms!

Boboi,

Yes! That's correct. Those huge REDWOOD trees.

TW

Offline boboi

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »
boi,

been their before,i used to go their by boat via butuan,or by land,the last time was in 2006. im a contractor and travelled all over mindanao. magallanes is a historic place,that was the place where the first mass in the phillppines was held not in limasawa. lots of prospect their but the problem is below sea level.

ah ok,got it. so where is the exact location of the prospect youve mentioned above? lol
   do you have a t-map of magallanes ? maybe we can tie up a team to operate it.

Offline boboi

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »
  tony,since you are American i would like to address this questions to you, if you don't mind.
               do you agree that a certain huge tree might have the presence of enchanted beings.?
     In the philippines trees such as BITAUG TREE and BALETE TREE are more likely for the enchanted
     to live in.most filipinos if ordered so to cut such kind of trees  refuse to do the job even given a higher pay.but that Wawona tree in California 2 men were given $75 for  a tunnel cut thru the tree and not afraid to do the job.

Offline Janner

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »
I just dont see the point of cutting down big old trees, In Europe it is Illegal to cut any tree down, even if its in your garden.

A Historical tree in the UK , one which is supposed to have hid Robin Hood, is now a few hundred yrs old, a big old Oak tree and it is supported now by many metal supports and beams to keep it up. But to cut it down...wow....its heritage !!!

but for trees to hold enchanted beings..............Nah !

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 03:29:49 AM »
  tony,since you are American i would like to address this questions to you, if you don't mind.
               do you agree that a certain huge tree might have the presence of enchanted beings.?
     In the philippines trees such as BITAUG TREE and BALETE TREE are more likely for the enchanted
     to live in.most filipinos if ordered so to cut such kind of trees  refuse to do the job even given a higher pay.but that Wawona tree in California 2 men were given $75 for  a tunnel cut thru the tree and not afraid to do the job.

Boboi,
Well I'm not superstitious so don't really believe in those three theories.
TW

Offline boboi

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:20 AM »

thanks for your reply tony...that's pretty good..

Offline ghost

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
In MY opinion, not all big and old trees have 'unseen entities' on it. But I do believe they are 'living' in some of those old and big trees especially if 'balite' clings to it for I personally experienced one during my younger days. Balite, Bitaug, Bulala, Mabolo, Acacia trees to name a few.

Offline boboi

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 04:57:16 AM »
yep.of course not to include all trees..
 but bitaug and balete tree hmmm...i doubt it.

Offline tisoy

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »
MAGALLANES my birth place, been there for 8 years, my father is the well known to that place and he still thinks that because of that bitaug tree he have more kids now!

If my grand pa didn't cut the 3 oldest and the biggest trees
                   (maybe not only in Philippines but in the whole Asia)
forming triangle in his land
                   (cutting it because of unknown bothering visitors trying to look for treasure)
 he might be rich now.

Offline boboi

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 02:50:19 AM »
where's that place you've mentioned which your father cut down those old trees in triangular formation?

Offline tisoy

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 12:13:57 AM »

Its not my father, its my grand pa who was the head of the logging about 8 years ago...
and now we are in operation on that place because of that damn metal detector said that there's something under, i wish its true, because I already spending so much time and the half of my last money digging the place and about a month after only filed leaves was there as a return. And everyone was arguing again because of that filled leaves if its natural or man-made, its the only evidence while digging, and i was still glad that the blood wasn't flow outside vein at the end of arguing, they are just my relatives.

And Boboi, about the place, its somewhere beside the Agusan river.

Offline ghost

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 06:18:19 AM »
Tisoy, if that 3 big triangular trees were only the reason why you dug on that spot (needless to say the Japs that is also searching those trees), then time for you to investigate the 30 meters radius for a confirmation marker that points to those trees so as not to waste anymore money on a useless dig. Just my opinion bro.

Offline tisoy

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 07:09:24 AM »

Its not my father, its my grand pa who was the head of the logging about 8 years ago...
and now we are in operation on that place because of that damn metal detector said that there's something under, i wish its true, because I already spending so much time and the half of my last money digging the place and about a month after only filed leaves was there as a return. And everyone was arguing again because of that filled leaves if its natural or man-made, its the only evidence while digging, and i was still glad that the blood wasn't flow outside vein at the end of arguing, they are just my relatives.

And Boboi, about the place, its somewhere beside the Agusan river.

Tisoy, if that 3 big triangular trees were only the reason why you dug on that spot (needless to say the Japs that is also searching those trees), then time for you to investigate the 30 meters radius for a confirmation marker that points to those trees so as not to waste anymore money on a useless dig. Just my opinion bro.

we used locator!

Offline ghost

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »
Specify the name and brand of that metal detector so that members here can tell you if its good or otherwise.... how deep are you now?