Author Topic: BSP Minting Facility Displayed 12.5kg gold bar  (Read 4885 times)

Offline MasKara

BSP Minting Facility Displayed 12.5kg gold bar
« on: July 16, 2009, 07:00:03 PM »
12.5kg gold bar displayed by bank

The news feeds on this site are independently provided by Adfero Limited © and do not represent the views or opinions of the World Gold Council.

Wednesday, 10th September 2008 (2030 views)
A solid gold bar has been put on display by a bank in the Philippines, it has been reported.

It was on show in the lobby of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas' (BSP) minting facility in Quezon City, according to the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

The 12.5kg polished bar was placed on a pedestal in a glass box and viewers were invited to touch it.

Several people tried to lift the bar with one hand after it was jokingly suggested that if they were successful they could take it home, the news provider said.

A few succeeded in picking it up - including BSP governer Amando Tetangco Jr and monetary board member Alfredo Antonio - but many failed.

BSP hosted the promotion has part of its 30th anniversary celebrations.

Offline Bose Yu

Re: BSP Minting Facility Displayed 12.5kg gold bar
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:05:08 AM »
Topic is 9 years old but since I've read it, maybe I can post a thought of mine. Basing on its weight which is 12.5 kg, well it can still be lifted by 1 hand because even a 25 kg of rice sack is also doable. Which is double of the said Gold's weight. Hehe. If I was there and got an opportunity, well maybe I can try and lift it also. Lol
"Keep on Reading and You'll keep on Learning."