Author Topic: Japan assists digital mapping project in Mindanao  (Read 19640 times)

Offline stickyboy

Japan assists digital mapping project in Mindanao
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:33:13 AM »
Japan assists digital mapping project in Mindanao
GMANews.TV - Sunday, December 19SendIM StoryPrint.Japan is playing a key role in creating a digital map of Mindanao to help facilitate social services and development projects in Southern Philippines. The Japanese Embassy said the map will bring a much-needed update to the government's existing map, which was made in the 1950s. "The maps will be utilized in various occasions, such as road planning, disaster prevention, environmental management, social services and other development activities, and thus will finally contribute to the economic growth in Mindanao ," it said in an article posted on its website. Earlier, Japanese Ambassador Makoto Katsura and President Benigno Aquino III witnessed the signing of a program agreement for the Philippines ' new development plan for Mindanao in Malacañang. Participating agencies in the development program included the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA), the National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA), and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Under the project, NAMRIA will produce a new, digital topographic map of entire Mindanao . "Since the currently-used map was made in the 1950s, it was an urgent task for NAMRIA to update it," the Japanese Embassy said. Under the technical assistance project of JICA, amounting to 1.3 billion (P690 million), NAMRIA is creating the topographic base maps on a scale of 1:50,000. Japan has actively contributed to the peace process and development in the conflict-affected areas in Mindanao and the surrounding areas in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. In December 2006, Japan launched the Japan Bangsamoro Initiatives for Reconstruction and Development (J-BIRD) to let people and the communities in the target areas to enjoy the “dividends of peace" through the Japanese ODA on the basis of “Human Security" principles. The Topographic Mapping Project for Peace and Development in also categorized as one of the J-BIRD projects. — TJD, GMANews.TV

Offline malmon hunter

• FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD AND NOBLE IN MAN
Re: Japan assists digital mapping project in Mindanao
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 05:50:33 AM »
What do you think Stickyboy?

The Japs must hurry up or else the US balikatan and the Phil Thunters will get their loot first. ;D ;D ;D

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »
What do you think Stickyboy?

The Japs must hurry up or else the US balikatan and the Phil Thunters will get their loot first. ;D ;D ;D

Haha.. that's funny, Malmon Hunter. I knew somebody was thinking that also!
TW

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 06:06:39 AM »
There are number of Golden Lily sites there in Mindanao and Zobex has stumbled on one. JICA must really hurry up or their Golden Lily site will be again be lessen this coming summer.

Offline stickyboy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 06:40:02 AM »
if anyone of you base in mindanao try mt. capistrano and the municipal of san fernando but just take care..

Offline stickyboy

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 06:56:07 AM »
even our own farm has a deposit of aprox. 3 tons the EX-Milttary says who has been survey  using a hi tech detector, we can not recover it now due to some people wants to grab the land, a powerful one.. as of now we already win the case and sooner we will dig it, the site is aprox 10-15m from a old balete tree that dont change in size and immage YES, doesnt change! imagine a single balete in the middle of the palayan.. this balete also has a tree main branch  some japs came near to our land they are geeting the location of balete and the mt. capistrano.. using some hi tech telescope dont know what they are doing...

last try also the MATIN AO.. bring with you a scanner and see for you self.. that was a project of the late pres marcos (unfinished project) not all the deposit of that area is recovered bcoz of the residence. (the Aligator(gold) tomb is recovered thier..
this is just tips for some fil out there who wants to take some strol..

ariel,

Offline Janner

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 07:12:43 AM »
1:50 digital map? thats pretty poor for a digitized effort
only 500m to the centimeter....
most digitized maps of any use are 1:64 or, 1 inch to the mile....

but the map isnt important is it, just the ripping off of the Philippines...again...

benvalmores

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 01:51:57 AM »
Jap "HELPGUISE" see folks?

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 04:57:39 PM »
well for me if that mapping project in mindanao is for the benefit for the people of mindana/Filipino and for the country i will favor on that but if that project is something fishey or for personal purposes/interest.. that's another story.... ??? ::)

Raqz ;)
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »
well for me if that mapping project in mindanao is for the benefit for the people of mindana/Filipino and for the country i will favor on that but if that project is something fishey or for personal purposes/interest.. that's another story.... ??? ::)

Raqz ;)

Right on, Raqz! Well said and I agree with you 100%!!
TW

Offline HABAGAT

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
I am agree with u Ms. Raquel if Japs will done for truly mapping it is fine but if they will carry out earth moving that is different the same as what the JICA done now from Tagoloan to Lanao as they said a widening project....Hmp we smell some fishey.........In Cebu the KAJIMA construction is the one operating the area specially the SRP project and the one they recover is in the part of Daanbantayan,Cebu in the barrio in between of Tapilon and Maya and they grab the contract of 6M long bridge.....Oh my GOD I remember my friend in FF Cruz as he said that a 50M project is neglecting by their company then this Multinational Company grabbed this project...

benvalmores

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 09:35:33 PM »
wake up folks, it's not just fishy its for real they are on to the treasures, how soon could we learn the lessons from the past.. I call on real patriotic lawmaker (if there's any), pass a law, mandating that all treasure hunting activities in our country be made as just a pure filipino pursuit, stop the Meco, stop all Japanese "helpguise".
If we want to rise, let's do this now.. We relly need real leaders to have that political will to make this happen,
if not now, when?, if it is not us, who?...
Philippines can rise up to the challenge against poverty if we make a stand now...

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 06:49:45 AM »
wake up folks, it's not just fishy its for real they are on to the treasures, how soon could we learn the lessons from the past.. I call on real patriotic lawmaker (if there's any), pass a law, mandating that all treasure hunting activities in our country be made as just a pure filipino pursuit, stop the Meco, stop all Japanese "helpguise".
If we want to rise, let's do this now.. We relly need real leaders to have that political will to make this happen,
Philippines can rise up to the challenge against poverty if we make a stand now...

There's already laws written about land and sea treasure recovery for the Philippines. Enforcing them throughout the country is the hardest part. Foreigners bring millions of dollars into the Philippines every year and feed a hell of a lot of Filipino's on many projects so if you want to make all projects just pure Filipino then most of them will immediately stop and those people will lose their lively-hood. Also, those Filipino scammer's selling fake gold would lose a hell of a lot of 'foreigner' cash.
TW

t_hunter44

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »

There's already laws written about land and sea treasure recovery for the Philippines. Enforcing them throughout the country is the hardest part. Foreigners bring millions of dollars into the Philippines every year and feed a hell of a lot of Filipino's on many projects so if you want to make all projects just pure Filipino then most of them will immediately stop and those people will lose their lively-hood. Also, those Filipino scammer's selling fake gold would lose a hell of a lot of 'foreigner' cash.
TW
TW, I thought Ben said JAPANESE in Particular but since you mentioned Foreigners, yes, they cannot go by THEMSELVES Treasure hunting in the Philippines but they can form a corporation and the controlling interest will be in the name of a Filipino National or nationals, or so that is what I understand about the Laws of the Philippines regarding Treasure Hunting, Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »
T Hunter,
Yes, you are absolutely correct.
TW