Author Topic: 2010 First Annual Convention of Treasure Hunters in the Philippines!  (Read 56278 times)

Offline boylara

I am proposing a TH Convention this 2010. any idea...
"So Near Yet So Far"

Angel_09

Treasure convention is a good idea...provided there are existing rules here in the Phil. about ethics in treasure hunting. As I have observed, T.H. in Phil. is a "free for all' activity. From the top govt. official to the lowly ones. Creating their own diversionary tactics to pursue their projects....No exception to any hunters...
Even relatives are killing each other just for the word "GOLD".
On what ground or ideas shall we be united that will make this convention be fruitful? If there is one without controversy, then it's a "GO".

Angel_09

Offline MasKara

That would be great, have you done this before? I haven't attended yet any convention of TH It will be quite an experienced.
I was in RP year 2006 and got involved in a recovery project of a friend's uncle a respected man (the digging turned out to be a fluke). I have this one digger and he told me that he onetime attended a meeting of YAM TH and diggers, they boarded a bus drop somewhere in Ilocos and they where blind folded and brought in an underground tunnel or a basement an old man with a long beard talk to them and they believed that it is Old Man that they witness. I did not believed him a bit.
These diggers are very dedicated to what they do that they believed the Old Man gave them the inspiration to succeed, it is their mission to give it back to the mother land for all Filipinos to share. Their dedication, enthusiasm and most of all their sacrifices being away from their family not even asking for compensation made me think twice. I do not know if I'll pity them or tell them they are fools but these 3 diggers that I met never ask for money nor help it's just their belief that it was a mission they must fulfill.

Boylara, I tell this story to ask who are you planning to invite, there are all kinds people who are dedicated to YAM TH, from diggers, to TH and financiers. I do not know if you have done this before or other friend you know did a similar convention already.
Who to invite, Guest and Speakers are things to consider.

1.) Speaker matter most in this kind of event. Without a good and well known speaker the Covention will be hard to sell.

2.) The Theme and the Agenda is secondary in my opinion and it it is easy to come up with Idea of the convention main topic.

3.) Unity as bro Angel said should be the center piece of the convention in order to attract people. Without forming first a United Front will dampen would be attendees. After all a convention with no United Theme will not be easy to organized.

What I suggest is:
> Form a United Organization First whatever it will be as long as to get others involved[/color].
> Get Members to make the Organization Official , a membership fee may be considered.
> Nominate Officers or Board of Directors to take care of the Organizations agenda and members.

> Prospective members should be of good standing and willing to cooperate.

These are just a few of my opinoins. Feel free to comment and your suggestions will get us going.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:41:56 PM by MasKara »

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
I am proposing a TH Convention this 2010. any idea...

Boylara, yea, that would be great!

Maskara, also don't forget some of the most important people to invite to such an event would be all the different Detector Manufacturing Companies! There they could show off their latest equipment and technology and in the end they could make some good business from such an event!

TW

Offline Gboy

Boy Lara,

Treasure convention is a good idea but YTH in Philippines is still very conservative and not yet matured and open like in USA. Bcoz YTH here is done secretly and covertly, NOBODY WANTED TO SHOW THEIR FACES TO ANYBODY for fear being monitored for our illegal treasure hunt.

I myself will not exposed my team to everybody or else we will not be able to work covertly/secretly. WE may visit the YTH covention site to show some sort of support, but we will never tell them who we are.
Besides, my team i guess doesn't need treasure tips, leads or inputs anymore....however to other new YTHr it maybe helpful.

francisco

I agree with Gboy it would be hard to expose your project and yourself mostly when we are still in a conservative mode since most of us in the field are doing this thing with out any permit from the government and have no intention in having it maybe later,,,,yes that would be great, but  we still have a lot to learn regarding our attitude towards treasure hunting. For me and my group we are content in having you all with this forum,,,, thanks we are learning......

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Boy Lara,

Treasure convention is a good idea but YTH in Philippines is still very conservative and not yet matured and open like in USA. Bcoz YTH here is done secretly and covertly, NOBODY WANTED TO SHOW THEIR FACES TO ANYBODY for fear being monitored for our illegal treasure hunt.

I myself will not exposed my team to everybody or else we will not be able to work covertly/secretly. WE may visit the YTH covention site to show some sort of support, but we will never tell them who we are.
Besides, my team i guess doesn't need treasure tips, leads or inputs anymore....however to other new YTHr it maybe helpful.

Gboy, no one is expecting you or anyone else to be walking around any Treasure Hunting Convention with any huge sign hanging around your neck saying; I'M SO & SO AND HERE ARE ALL MY YAMASHITA TREASURE HUNTING DETAILS AS FOLLOWS: XXXXX. That would be silly. Just as long as you all SHOWED UP that would already make it a success. And I'm sure that even you wouldn't mind having a look at the latest detection and scanning technology that could be used to assist you in your searches. Am I right?

TW

Offline MasKara

I think TH out there are not yet ready for such a big event there is nothing to discuss and there is no willing TH to lead the event. Beside what is the theme and topic that is to discuss. Every thing can be discuss here instead.

The only thing I think to succeed is to have a show of THunting equipment and devices like TW commented but not a TH convention.

Offline boylara

We can start bu inviting those sellers of Metal Detectors, i believe many Filipinos who have enough is willing to buy their product, We cannot deny for the fact that Treasure Hunting is one of the most expensive hobbies and the most exciting, in my experience as a treasure hunter/seeker. I've known a lot of personalities who are involved with this hobbies, priest, politicians, business man, professionals even a farmer, actually last year a group of Filipinos had started meeting in Baguio City and their chairman in CapM, but after that it ??hmmmmm ... The best way to professionalize our hobby is to form a group, the there are Gun Clubs why not establish Treasure Hunters Clubs...hehehehehehehehehe...Convention will be an avenue for all of us TH...di ba..
"So Near Yet So Far"

Offline MasKara

We should first form an Organization get members then talk about a convention.
Boylara, why not start forming the Organization maybe you can ask the help of CapM to coordinate the previous members they formed. I will try to get members here in the US.
I think Treasure Hunting Club is very obvious name some might not join like Gboy if we name it to something like Mountain Expedition Club or any other else or Siera Madre Club Gboy might even run for club President. Just my opinion. I am 101% commited to be a member.

Gener

We did some convention in BAGUIO CITY recently and NO secret has been revealed,,many participated and we just know each other, make friends and do some exchange of ideas but NO ONE HAS REVEALED or even asked their sites!!! its purely learning and understanding its own thinking and knowledge in treasure hunting,,,we enjoyed it a lot and i got real friends....Count me as number 1 on that convention LARA,,,I will pursue to be there....

Offline boylara

List your names here...YEa actually Im one of those who organize the Baguio Meeting but sad to say my Kumander in Chief didn't allow me to join that meeting..anyway what we want is a professionalize group....

1. Gener
2. Boylara
"So Near Yet So Far"

Offline MasKara

List your names here...YEa actually Im one of those who organize the Baguio Meeting but sad to say my Kumander in Chief didn't allow me to join that meeting..anyway what we want is a professionalize group....

1. Gener
2. Boylara

3. MasKara count me in

Offline vourvon

Hi to admin & all TH here,

Boylara please include me, Maskara hey i'm here

Offline MasKara

Hi to admin & all TH here,

Boylara please include me, Maskara hey i'm here

Hey Vourvon I am really so sorry about THunting we tried our best but we are still clinging there in support of Pinoy TH.
Is anybody here still following that site? go to the Pinoy Forum but not the "Pinoy exclusive yamashita Board" I have a little bit of confrontation with the foreign guys, Those Pinoy who still post there where being confronted again. but before the foreign guys started to humiliate us they received a doze of their own medicine.

Vourvon, welcome here kabayan.