Author Topic: 70 kilos of iron recovered from the sea  (Read 3723 times)

Offline troubleshooter

70 kilos of iron recovered from the sea
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:59 AM »
just want to ask and soliciting knowledge from expert and TH members, if what kind of steel with 70 kilos each bar and have individual markings of "PRT 208"? what does men the letters PRT? and how about the numbers 208 what these numbers represents? any comments pls.

will post the pics ASAO.

thanks

TS 
"we seek the truth" "no one is above the law, the law maybe harsh but it is the law"

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: 70 kilos of iron recovered from the sea
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:04:51 AM »
Well, it could be Zinc Anodes or some other metal. We will wait for your photos.

You can also drill some shavings and bring those to McPhar Geophysical Services for testing (see contact details below).

BJS Compound, 1869 P. Domingo Street,
Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Telephone No.:    +63 (2) 896-1656

+63 (2) 896-1681

+63 (2) 896-7973

Fax No.:              +63 (2) 890-0290

E-mail Address:  lab@mcphar.com.ph

Offline troubleshooter

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »
thanks admin for the exact add of the assayer, god bless
"we seek the truth" "no one is above the law, the law maybe harsh but it is the law"

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:15:14 AM »

Hi Troubleshooter,

How's the assay result?  ;) ;)

By the way, I am much concern about the McPhar Geophysical Services, were they able to assay really? By how much per kg or per Gbar piece? How Long will it take? Were you able to leave it (the item) there alone or you can wait the assay result for within the day or an hour? Did they issue certificate as proof of their assay?

Sorry for asking this cause I really don't have an idea how the assay being done...So if you don't mind, can you share it with me?

Thank you very much,
Elyong

:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline troubleshooter

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:32:06 AM »
Hi Sir,
Our assay methods are per element basis, so we need to know what specific elements you are interested in. Can we have your contact number? We’ll call you for your other inquiries.

Regards,

Ana Velasco
Information/Documentation Section

elyong, i tried to contact the pcpharlab, ana velasco immediately responded as what she told me their are requirements and be specific, she send me a form to be fill-out but i cant remember where i kept the form, pls try to send an email with her for any query. thanks you again and as of now i didnt send any sample because i have no money to pay the assay cost.

TS

Offline boboi

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 06:54:17 AM »
ts,
  kindly post the pic of that stuff.
thanks