Author Topic: Upgrading TSEATC  (Read 12005 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Upgrading TSEATC
« on: April 30, 2011, 06:38:42 AM »
Gentlemen (& Ladies),

I'm slowly trying to upgrade TSEATC Forum. If you look closely you will see some subtle changes now such as;

1) Watermarks on photos.

2) Pull down page numbers for easier page changing.

3) At the request of some members, I did also install a SideSparks Chat which allows members to chat online but I'm not sure if it's working or not. Can someone try it to see if working? Let me know.

4) If you go to your PROFILE tab you should be able to see several changes and improvements there. Members can now also put the COUNTRY they are in (or from) so that FLAG will now appear anywhere their post. If you look above my pic here you will see a US flag and the United States. Just go to your profile and put Philippines (or wherever you wish) there and that countries flag and name will always appear in all your posts.

5) Yesterday, as per Janner's idea, I also tried to install an option whereby Guests will not be able to view and steal Images here but somehow it didn't install properly so isn't working yet. I think I have to upgrade this forum software first and then maybe it will work. I'm working on that this weekend.

6) There are a few other things that I did install but you probably won't see them unless you look really hard (for instance; can you see any difference in the messages that have a QUOTE in them now? The QUOTE has different background color so looks nicer!).

7) I have several more things to do so keep your eyes open!  :D

Thanks for all your support and I really appreciate you all here!

TW
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:30:39 AM by admin »

Offline troubleshooter

Re: Upgrading TSEATC
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 06:43:38 AM »
TW thats great idea, congrats and thank you so much, keep posted

TS
"we seek the truth" "no one is above the law, the law maybe harsh but it is the law"

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:52:52 AM »
that's cool Tony....  ;) i will explore the latest upgrade... :D

Raqz ;)
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 07:00:17 AM »

Thank you very much TW for updating our site.... ;) ;)

Best regards,
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:28:44 AM »
OK the CHAT is now working! Myself and Janner just tested it.

So, You see the upper tabs with HOME HELP SEARCH PROFILE MY MESSAGES MEMBERS CHAT & LOGOUT?

When you want to CHAT, just click on the CHAT Tab and then on MEMBERS and you will be able to chat with whoever is on there!

Enjoy!
TW

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 08:44:22 AM »
yah me too, i already registered there.. :D

Raqz ;)
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

benvalmores

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 09:36:43 AM »
Yeah that would be very very cool TW and Janner we would be hearing each other soon, i have more to talk than write hehe and Raqs too, how i longed to hear your voice eversince, a Lady, a rose amongst a throng of thorns, you are so unique Raqs, i give you my salute.
May we have the best of everything in here!!!

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »
Yeah that would be very very cool TW and Janner we would be hearing each other soon, i have more to talk than write hehe and Raqs too, how i longed to hear your voice eversince, a Lady, a rose amongst a throng of thorns, you are so unique Raqs, i give you my salute.
May we have the best of everything in here!!!

Ben, it's not a voice chat. It's a typing message chat.
TW

benvalmores

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:14:42 PM »
ah... okay,... but why not also a voice chat TW? maybe later..that would be cool!

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »
ah... okay,... but why not also a voice chat TW? maybe later..that would be cool!

If you want Voice chat then you can anytime just go on YM or Skype.
TW

Offline boylara

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 08:16:27 PM »
Nice Job . Tony, Badz send his regards to you..(popong)
"So Near Yet So Far"

Offline Johny Bravo

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »

Thanks you Sir Tony, this site is more nicer and cool  :D

Offline Janner

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 11:36:08 PM »
Now that our site is slowly being updated and made more modern by the Admin, for the benefit of the members...
I now ask that all members follow suit, by being more responsible, mature and respectful to this site and other members.

with that said Moderators will clean the site of those who do not fit into that category and or post nonsensical items.
Time to grow up as it were....

To all those with ongoing projects....good luck to you and yours..

to those who disrupt this site by whatever means...Lookout....you will get Moderated !!

members have a awesome weekend

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 06:06:33 AM »
About PHOTO sizes. I did also lower down allowed photos sizes for uploading here because some photos are just too big and taking up too much space. So now the maximum allowed photo size to upload is 1 megabyte each (previously it was much larger).

So, members, now if your original photos are too large you will get an error message when trying to upload such large photos. That means you need to size down any large photos before uploading them from now on. You can use any FREE photo editing software to easily size down your photos.

Just a quick net search turned up these few below;

GIMP: http://www.gimp.us.com/gimplp2/index-yahoo.php?brand=gimp.us&s=msn&country=US&c=gimp.us_bingtb_cs_pg_wb_at&k={keywords}&pk=1569-10
PICASA: http://picasa.google.com/
PHOTOSCAPE: http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php
And this ABOUT.COM Blog list several Free Photo Exiting Software sites also: http://weblogs.about.com/od/bloggingtools/tp/FreePhotoEditingSites.htm

Thanks for your understanding.
TW
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:31:49 PM by admin »

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 06:20:22 AM »

Sir TW,

Congratulations for improving our site. If I may share my suggestion, would you like to add another feature like we can upload videos just like FB and or You tube? Do you think it is possible?

Best regards,
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.