Author Topic: WWII Japanese compass  (Read 41165 times)

Offline NORTHSTAR

WWII Japanese compass
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:59:05 AM »
This is my original World War II Japanese Compass. This was found inside the Jar with some valuable items. This compass is a reversed compass. The north is pointing at south while east is pointing at west and vice versa.. Maybe this what other treasure hunting were saying about reversed engineering because real north was reversed to south. Take a look at this compass

Offline NORTHSTAR

Re: WWII Japanese compass
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:06:28 AM »
another pic

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:18:59 AM »
To all YTH

Why did the Japanese reversed their compass? What can you say about that?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:16:58 AM »
This is my original World War II Japanese Compass. This was found inside the Jar with some valuable items. This compass is a reversed compass. The north is pointing at south while east is pointing at west and vice versa.. Maybe this what other treasure hunting were saying about reversed engineering because real north was reversed to south. Take a look at this compass

Excuse me but that doesn't look reversed to me. It seems that you've just got them facing OPPOSITE directions. That's all. Do we look stupid to you or what, Mr. NS?
Why don't you turn them both facing the SAME direction and then take your new photos for us to compare with?
TW

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »
Maybe this what other treasure hunting were saying about reversed engineering because real north was reversed to south.

That is not a reverse engineering because reverse engineering is a PROCESS OF ANALYZING...

That compass is just reversed in the marker pointer. Ask your self, is the other half of the pointer still pointing to the North? Definitely it is. Then the maker of the compass just designed it to mark where is the south, but still the other half still point to the North.

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:19:55 AM »
It would have made me wonder IF that compass points to the East or West. But then again maybe not, if such compass point to the east or west, then that compass is broken or unreliable or unserviceable. :D :D :D ;D

t_hunter44

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 01:50:37 PM »
WW 11 Japanese Military Compass, take a look at the Link, in Japanese  ;D >:( :o ::)
          http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/14161-military-japanese-compass-wwii--world-w

t_hunter44

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »
 ;D  Even if the compass is made in Japan, that does not necessarily mean it was a standard issue for the Japanese Military. 50 years from now,when someone finds a Seiko Watch in the boondocks,  do not jump to the conclusion that it was worn by a Japanese
because the product is made in Japan. That compass that was made in Japan is probably sold all over the world because the price is cheap. Does the needle still work freely or was it stuck pointing south. Be surprised if it still works after all these time that it was exposed to the elements but can we expect an honest answer, does not expect to, from my side. It really does not make sense even if it was used by a Japanese soldier, unless he is trying to lose himself but whatever, someone is just trying to throw a monkey wrench, on what, whatever !

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:47 PM »
There is a second opinion on it. my opinion at that. It is called the pouring of Anti-Colonialist sentiments and the establishment of its own identity.

Just something to think:

Why did Japan adopted the Metric System in 1924, instead of the English system, despite of all the presence, friendship, and introduction of "modern" technology by the western world there?

What is the history of the Japanese light machineguns, why is the magasine being placed on top of the barrel and not on the side or the bottom? And the above (IF true); why was the marking pointer "painted" to the South and not to the North?

I am no anti-colonialist but rather, I grew up with all the history books of my parents and I read between the lines.

t_hunter44

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 08:54:01 PM »
      Looking at the Degrees on the Compass Dial, the degree indications is still in the right place, from N, the degree graduation still is increasing clockwise, that means the Needle is stuck in the 180 degree position which is South/ Maybe NS thought we cannot see it or think we are dumb and maybe he thinks he can fool us, maybe Once in a while but Not all the time and he has not succeeded yet. Keep trying though and does NS mean Northstar or NonSensical. ::)
      NS, your Isometric Theory is crap, so is your Reverse Engineering, oh, better look up what really is Reverse Engineering before you start using terms that you have no idea what it means, so, what is next? I can't say I am sorry for being hard on you but with me, I cannot stand the BS.

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »

NS,

What ever it is, where ever that pointer faced to South or North, the bottom line is that It cannot help you find a treasure... ;D

Regards,
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline Janner

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 11:00:35 PM »
As i said in a previous post..."Gone Fishing"..
seems like some one took the bait..?

Ok, Firstly i am amazed as to how this "person" is still allowed to post here, after all it is all utter nonsense and garbage. You may say "Freedom of speech" and "dont read it if you dont like" scenario, but its down to a more serious scenario..
The "Insulting of members Intelligence". He may think that the members are fool enough to believe what he is posting here, well they are not, especially me!

The compass you posted is a "US Sighting compass" issued to most US Military, and you can even buy local copies in Manila to, as the one you posted there...
The "Original Compasses" made in Japan at the time of WWII were made by a company called "Seikosha", or commonly known today as "Seiko" !!.

so, the outer ring (Bezel) of the compass can be rotated and this is so you can orientate the map and compass to the land for accurate navigation...and you have rotated the bezel to lead us to believe its "Reverse Engineering" ! This is utter "Fabrication and a total Falsehood".!!

I have posted a pic so member can see the truth and "reject" your (can i say Lies?)
So now what happens? He gets "Reprimanded in the severest degree"?  "Suspended for a period"? or just "let off with a mild comment"?  well thats not for me to say.......

This is of course is my opinion, but backed up with facts and pics, which anyone can google.

post a pic of the back of your compass If you dare !!!

t_hunter44

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 12:16:13 AM »
     And the BLACK LINE that is shown pointed SOUTH is actually a line Incorporated on the Lens Cover and when you rotate the Bezel, that Black Line rotates with the Lens cover which tells you the deviation in degrees. NS is surely very Deceiving, trying to make us Fools. Now, who is the fool, Us or NS ?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 12:48:27 AM »
So, what can you say now, NS? As you can clearly see, members here have called your bluff several times and they are getting pretty fed up with some of the nonsense you're posting here. I've tried to be diplomatic and also give you the 'benefit of the doubt' on numerous occassions but if what Janner is saying about this compass is true then I'm sorry, I can no longer sit back and allow you to try and insult everyone's intelligence any longer with ridiculous posts such as this.

The ball is in your court now so please respond back ASAP.

Don't get me wrong - you're always welcome to post - but just make sure its not anymore nonsense please.

Thank you very much

TW

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 03:24:16 AM »
Dismantling compass. This compass works very well. It is not stuck in 180 degrees. Take a look again.. It is really reversed.. Not trick or magic on it..