Author Topic: Improvised Lensatic Compass  (Read 5662 times)

DINDO BAYAUA

Re: Improvised Lensatic Compass
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »
It is supported by water level to get the horizontal reference position. In this way, you will get the exact level of the compass to move freely.

How again? If that is the line of thought; Question, is the water surface have the same level from below your feet to say 10 meters away? or what percentage is the difference in the water gradient 10 meters away?

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 12:16:40 AM »
NS again and again you start posting of that compass, with a wrong  information of that compass.. i'm not good in compass but 3 email i received 2 of them are GE.. they explain it to me about it.. NS you've got 24hrs to explain of that compass of yours...then if you can',t sorry every time you [post of that compass i will locked it without warning.. good luck...

Raqz ;) ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:02:51 AM by raquel_lyks »
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

t_hunter44

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 04:59:17 AM »
         First it was a WWII Japanese Compass, it was Locked, then NS came up with the Japanese Reversed Compass and now an Improvised Lensatic Compass, Jezz, What is next?  >:(

Offline jackbruno

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 01:24:22 AM »
t_hunter,

maybe a compass detector!...have u heard of it?
8s not d detector dat matterS most but 8s d detektoriSt dat matters best

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »
DB

The main purpose of water level is to make sure that the compass will move freely at even surface Horizontally. The water level at 10 meters distance is not the same at your starting position. There are adjustable knob to make the water level again at 10 meters distance/ You can adjust the knob from front to rear and left and right to make the water level in it's miniscus.

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 12:08:13 PM »
Janner

You are the only qualified surveyour here, then teach your knowledge to us if you dare. Everybody will appreciate your kindness

regards

Northstar

Offline Janner

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 12:22:02 PM »
Janner

You are the only qualified surveyour here, then teach your knowledge to us if you dare.
regards

Northstar

"If i Dare", why do i need to be "Dared" ? I'm not a silly schoolboy dare this and dare that......

YOU were the one teaching all your amazing theories, and the latest "calibrating the compass" and the "users eyes" but you even failed at that.
so, when you have completed your teachings, which are correct!!
[/b]
then members can pm me for any instructions they want, as they have been doing for quite some time now.......

Oh, and btw, there is other surveyors here to... ;)

t_hunter44

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
t_hunter,

maybe a compass detector!...have u heard of it?
      Somebody mentioned a Compass Detector awhile back and IF you are saying that it can detect metals also aside from NORTH or SOUTH, then you are welcome to give us a lecture on how it works. Someone also mentioned a Cell Phone that can detect metals to so many feet underground but failed to come up with the Brand and the Model. I did come up with a post naming the Cell Phone Brand and Model but it can only detect FERROUS metals to a few inches. If the Compass Detector you are saying can detect more than the NORTH or SOUTH, give us a LINK, and so is the  Super Cell Phone.  Anyone with an average IQ or even the not so intelligent can always go to the Internet to Find answers and Google has answers to most  of anything or everything, then add Ask.com to that and a halfwit has the answer at his fingertips.  
      A question that comes to mind, if a Compass was made to Point NORTH, Why would a dumb ass want a Compass to Point South, a Sensible and Logical Person and even a HALFWIT can tell that the OPPOSITE SIDE of the Needle Pointing North is SOUTH, how Dumb can one get?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:04:10 PM by admin »

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »
Janner

You are the only qualified surveyour here, then teach your knowledge to us if you dare.
regards

Northstar

"If i Dare", why do i need to be "Dared" ? I'm not a silly schoolboy dare this and dare that......

YOU were the one teaching all your amazing theories, and the latest "calibrating the compass" and the "users eyes" but you even failed at that.
so, when you have completed your teachings, which are correct!!
[/b]
then members can pm me for any instructions they want, as they have been doing for quite some time now.......

Oh, and btw, there is other surveyors here to... ;)

Janner, why do members have to PM you for that? Well if you have the knowledge then please share and post it here for all of us to see.
Thanks,
TW

Offline Janner

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »
I certainly do have the knowledge and being as i am not here all the time, due to other commitments,
members pm me which i get as a email.so with that i send them a package of navigational skills.

meanwhile i am waiting for mr NS to fulfill his teachings, which he seems unable to do, and when he does its all bs,
but he is allowed to go on...and on..and on ad infinitum...with his lies and deception...!!

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 05:13:48 PM »
DB

The main purpose of water level is to make sure that the compass will move freely at even surface Horizontally. The water level at 10 meters distance is not the same at your starting position. There are adjustable knob to make the water level again at 10 meters distance/ You can adjust the knob from front to rear and left and right to make the water level in it's miniscus.

I just read the reply after 4 days in the coastal town. Ahh, you mean the tubes with liquid inside to determine if the instrument is leveled or not. That is not water level, they are called spirit level. 2nd, those liquid is not water. In the old transits, they are alcohol due to its low viscosity property
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:08:56 PM by raquel_lyks »

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »
Still on the leveling of your instrument, say you oriented it at 270 degrees and adjusted the leveling knobs until the bubble of the spirit level is centered, what is the next step you do to check it if it is really horizontally leveled? This is just clarification if that compass really work tangentially with the North South bearing.

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 05:15:42 PM »
Still on the leveling of your instrument, say you oriented it at 270 degrees and adjusted the leveling knobs until the bubble of the spirit level is centered, what is the next step you do to check it if it is really horizontally leveled? This is just clarification if that compass really work tangentially with the North South bearing.

Twist the compass to left to right direction and vice versa.. The needle of north and south direction should not moved together with the compass. It means that the needle of the compass floating freely

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »
Ok, moving from left to right or vice versa is correct but if you orient your compass at 270 degress, at what bearing do you have to move so to confirm that you are horizontally leveled?

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 08:02:22 AM »
Ok, moving from left to right or vice versa is correct but if you orient your compass at 270 degress, at what bearing do you have to move so to confirm that you are horizontally leveled?

DB

Thanks for that info. It's a great help

regards

Northstar