Author Topic: What to do with your gold bars or the proceeds on the sale therein.  (Read 20946 times)

Offline Corel

Re: What to do with your gold bars or the proceeds on the sale therein.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »
Better ask same case with a member here... Corel. Would he mention the name of the bank?

Negative.

Negotiations are ongoing and I don't want to jeopardize the proceedings... just like Sir Dindo's friend, we were given those turnaround BLANK and won't release the money to us because it's more than the 500k limit..

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 11:33:58 AM »
Better ask same case with a member here... Corel. Would he mention the name of the bank?

Negative.

Negotiations are ongoing and I don't want to jeopardize the proceedings... just like Sir Dindo's friend, we were given those turnaround BLANK and won't release the money to us because it's more than the 500k limit..

In that case, put it in MY name. I'm a foreigner so don't have any such limit. Once I had a bank account at PNB (in Makati) that had over USD$400k in it (it was money the investor had sent from Germany to my account for our project(s) there).
TW

Offline Corel

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »

Negative.

In that case, put it in MY name. I'm a foreigner so don't have any such limit. Once I had a bank account at PNB (in Makati) that had over USD$400k in it (it was money the investor had sent from Germany to my account for our project(s) there).
TW

Appreciate the offer TW, negotiations were ongoing and we'll see what will be the outcome..

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 05:45:57 PM »
Now, have I told anything untrue here?

That is our Philippine setting...we live with it.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »

Well, I don't know because I've never experienced such a nightmare like that in the Phil's before. Besides, no one said that what you're saying is untrue. We just wanted to know which bank so we know who NOT to deal with there.
TW

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 06:17:10 PM »
The point here is, if anyone ever find even just a bar of true authentic gold bar, and if you know that the proceeds will be questioned by virtue of (1) your position in the government, or (2) by your status of living (anyway, most probably, politics comes in), think 10 times before putting all that money in the bank at once. Think of the would-be consequences if they hit you with either of those two republic act. I ain't saying that all the money be kept at home. Better put up first a number of legal, good and sound businesses, then after a steady income comes in (say for a year or two), you can then put all that money in the bank. They won't then have any reason to question your source of income.

Better still, have a good business partner...they could be your fall back and a good reason out of trouble.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:00:19 PM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline Corel

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 10:26:51 PM »

Well, I don't know because I've never experienced such a nightmare like that in the Phil's before. Besides, no one said that what you're saying is untrue. We just wanted to know which bank so we know who NOT to deal with there.
TW

If you're just an ordinary Filipino citizen, the RA's that Sir DB mentioned applies to all banks.. this is the downside.

Offline ghost

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 01:23:30 AM »
Or better cut the bar into sizes or weights that corresponds to the money you need for the time being and not sell it at once so as not to arouse the suspicion where you got the money. Then legit business or coop then as DB said 2-3 years you can now slowly funnel the remaining sale to either your business or bank. Or much better you loan to the bank a good sum of money (where you have an account of course) first, then slowly put a business that even if your business is slow never mind as long as you can pay your loan to the bank (back by your gold sale) and slowly funneling the remaining sale to your account it's a slow but sure process. But the best part is, befriend the Bank Manager or better the Regional Manager for no more hassle in banking (maybe with a certain percentage).  :)

Offline Ladyhunter39

• Achieve,,,,Dream... Fly......
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
Or better cut the bar into sizes or weights that corresponds to the money you need for the time being and not sell it at once so as not to arouse the suspicion where you got the money. Then legit business or coop then as DB said 2-3 years you can now slowly funnel the remaining sale to either your business or bank. Or much better you loan to the bank a good sum of money (where you have an account of course) first, then slowly put a business that even if your business is slow never mind as long as you can pay your loan to the bank (back by your gold sale) and slowly funneling the remaining sale to your account it's a slow but sure process. But the best part is, befriend the Bank Manager or better the Regional Manager for no more hassle in banking (maybe with a certain percentage).  :)

Ghost my friend, you're idea bout : Befriend a Bank Manager is ,I believe the best idea.Another thing also if you have relative working in a bank like a Bank teller.. then he/she can assists with you   to the bank manager. A little commission will make them happy.  That's normal here on Earth, A car will not function without a little gasoline.
Lady  that fly higher to  achieve her dreams.