Author Topic: Why are Tunnels Round?  (Read 21448 times)

Offline KIZUNA

• Bonds of Friendships - kizuna
Re: Why are Tunnels Round?///WORLD WAR TWO JIA TUNNELS
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »

Tunnel Entrances

This photograph show a concealed entrance. Aside from being small, and hard to spot, one also had to scale a steep ravine side to access it. Some of the entrances were sealed by landslides or erosion. They told me that the caves had many different entrances, and that the ravine we were standing on was full of tunnels.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

Re: Why are Tunnels Round?
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2012, 11:31:44 PM »
I'll be back later, got to sleep now.......
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »

Tunnel Entrances

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 09:47:19 AM »

Difficult Terrain
My guides were all barefoot and easily navigated the jungle terrain. They insisted on carrying my camera bag for me. I on the other hand slipped many times, and was quickly exhausted. Here, we are about to enter into one of the tunnels.
Inside The Tunnels
Walking Through History
The interior of the cave was dry and spacious. The ceiling was tall enough to comfortably stand, and wide enough for two people to walk by side by side. Although it was empty, there were plenty of remains for those who know where to look. We were not the only ones there, bats would often fly into us when we disturbed them.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »
AS NARRATED BY JUSTIN TAYLAN;

Winding Tunnel System
Inside, we walked for kilometers through a complex and interconnecting tunnel system. Locals told me that all the munitions had been dumped into the sea after the war. This was substantiated by Peter Leggett, who describes a large dump of munitions of just off shore.

Traces of Occupation
Although the tunnels are empty, occasionally, a heavy rains lead to a new tunnel being discovered, like one with radio equipment and medical supplies, discovered just last year. Also, there are probably munitions buried in the dirt tunnel floors. We found nails, rusted boxes, timbers and this "Nippon" beer bottle.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

Re: Why are Tunnels Round?/// WORLD WAR TWO TUNNELS
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »
THESE WERE ALL LIFTED FROM PACIFICGHOSTS SITE, NO OFFENSE AND NO COPYRIGHTS INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.....
JUST FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES....

NOW FOR THE FINAL PROOF;

WE HEARD FROM THE TREASURE HUNTING CIRCLES ESPECIALLY HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, MANY UNBELIEVABLE STORIES OF TRUCKS OR BARGES OR SHIP HIDDEN IN A SECRET CONCEALED TUNNELS...
MANY OF US TEND TO BELIEVE AND SOMETIMES LEFT DOUBTING........

NOW HERE IS MY PROOF LIFTED FROM PACIFIC GHOSTS WORKINGS LED BY JUSTIN TYLAN....
THAT IT IS REAL.----TRUCKS, BARGES, SHIP OR ANYTHING THEY DEEMED WORTHY TO CONCEAL....
THOUGH THIS ISNT IN THE PHILIPPINES, WE JUST CANNOT HELP TO WONDER,,
IT IS VERY REMOTE THAT THERE ARE YET MANY OF SAME TO BE DISCOVERED HERE....

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

Re: Why are Tunnels Round?/// barge, cargo, wheel
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
from the workings of pacificwrecks and pacificghosts with Justin Taylan

Barge Tunnel
Located at Karavia Bay The lengths to which the Japanese went to protect and hide their shipping is evident. The tunnel is located far from the sea. Boats were dragged down a long track, and then whinched down a cliff into the water. Remains of the winch system and tracks are also evident in surrounding tunnels and as you approach the barges.

Landing Barges
There are five Daihatsu landing barges lined up bow to stern inside the tunnel. Only the first one is easily photographed in the daylight. This is the stern of the first barge, with the rudder and rear wench visible. The engine and some of the metal has been removed.

Pilots Wheel
This view show the pilots wheel and armor plating that protected them. Remains of the wooden timbers that rimmed the boat are still visible.

Cargo Capabilities
Each barge has a drawbridge front that allows several vehicles, troops, supplies or a tank to be loaded aboard. The armor plating protecting the pilot is seen in the center of the frame. The entrance to the tunnel and its thick concrete walls are seen on either side.

Markings
The other barges are in better condition because they are deeper inside the tunnel. This one even has its original markings and the number "4734" on the pilot's armor plating.

KZN

Offline Janner

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »
Reminds me of when i walked around new Guinea any years ago so any WWII artifacts laying around, seemed like everyone had a tank or a plane in their garden...very impressive holiday i had.. ;)

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2012, 11:13:30 AM »

folks, janner is justified here by him emphasizing, reserch, due deligence.
Research about Museums & Memorials, ww2 Japanese Bunkers, Airfields & ports, and historical buildings, old churches,schools,hospital and so on.
Why--Japs know that allied forces will respect Geneva convention of war prohibiting each warring sides not to destroy such. Aliied honored those mentioned but Japanese did not, so they bury things in places allied forces respects.
How about that NS???

I enjoin everyone to follow these all in Justin Taylan's websites pacificwrecks and pacificghosts.

Ihave some few tunnels sites, hope someday we can be successful on those, i have places to follow two possible wreckages of american fighter plan and a zero fighter. Just hoping someday we can replicate those workings.
But i better concentrate first on mining Au now, cause the science of mining gold never falters me to let me produce my own gold. and when we have ample finances, we will do it.

So long friends.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

KZN

Offline carter

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »
WOWWW!  :o
That was a very INFORMATIVE Topic..THANK YOU Janner & Kizuna..Keep it up!!

Offline tatang

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »
sir kizuna and janner, thanks for making our hobby less troublesome.

Offline fontokis

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »
KISUNA, can you get those old bottles in your picture you posted and trade it wit me?

Offline kaloy

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »
is it true that blasting the entrance of a tunnel locked in pressure to keep the sides intact, and once closed tunnel is opened, in a few days, it begins to collapse?