Author Topic: Sharing Agreement  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Piolo77

Sharing Agreement
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »
I can't understand the way the sharing of discovered treasures go.  On the general statement, it says that on treasures found in one's private property, the sharing goes: 70% property owner and 30% goes to the government.  However based on PD 1726-A, any treasure obtained that was left by the Japanese Imperial Army, the sharing is: 75% to the government and the rest to the finder. Can someone please elaborate? Thank you.     

t_hunter44

Re: Sharing Agreement
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 03:21:19 PM »
I can't understand the way the sharing of discovered treasures go.  On the general statement, it says that on treasures found in one's private property, the sharing goes: 70% property owner and 30% goes to the government.  However based on PD 1726-A, any treasure obtained that was left by the Japanese Imperial Army, the sharing is: 75% to the government and the rest to the finder. Can someone please elaborate? Thank you.     
       You have to read the whole thing. On Government Land or Public Land, the Government gets 75% and the Finder gets 25%, the catch, you have to get a Permit from Malacanang and then you will be Monitored on your site the whole time, the good or bad part, depends o how you look at it, if you have a find, the find is taken by the Government and once the value is assessed or the items are sold, then you get your 25%, that is, if you get Lucky. Now you know why getting Permits from Malacanang is not the norm for treasure hunters hunting on Government Land.
       On Private Lands, you can do anything you want and it is all yours or your partner but of course, local politicians,ie; Mayors, Vice Mayors, etc. all the way to the Barangay Level wants to get involved as they want their share. They shouldn't but they think they are the Law or Above the Law, sad but true. Now, if you have influence or guns, they just might leave you alone.

Offline Piolo77

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »
In that case, it is better not to get a permit and do the digging on your own (secretly that is)? What about the general rule that states that on Private properties, the sharing agreement is: 70% to the property owner and 30% to the government? I guess, these percentages would not really matter if you're in the Philippines. You'd be lucky if you end up with 10% with the treasures you found IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD. Any suggestion on how to go about starting a digging project? Appreciate your input/s.           

t_hunter44

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:39:01 AM »
     Did you go to the MAIN like I told you, then Click on Philippines and the Rules is Posted at the Bottom . 75% to the Government  on Public Lands/Government Lands and 25% is for the Treasure Hunter with a Malacanang Permit.
     Your own Private Land is all yours but if it is not your own land, the recommended sharing is 50-50 but that depends on the Contract with the Land Owner,it could be 70% for you and you shoulder all the expenses and 30% to the Land Owner, your call, but I strongly suggest you have a Written Contract and Notarized.