Author Topic: An idea  (Read 2079 times)

Offline japhiem

An idea
« on: August 04, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »
I came to an idea today. An idea that maybe can help us to find buried treasure nearby. This occur to me when i saw a dog sniffing for bomb. It make me wonder what if we train the dog to smell an asphalt. A substance usually use to cover gold bar or gold item. I will going to try this in the future.

Offline Myres

Re: An idea
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:49:03 PM »
Yes of course. I thought of that one too. You should start the training while the sniffer is a puppy which comes from a good lineage of hunting dogs. The problem is you must have some stuff I mean gold around to use. And not all can get a sizable amount because of the prohibitive price. But good idea though. :D

Offline Janner

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 05:39:41 PM »
and when you think that just about every road and highway has "Asphalt" on it, your dogs is going to go berserk....

so quite a silly idea really isnt it...?

t_hunter44

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 03:41:15 AM »
I came to an idea today. An idea that maybe can help us to find buried treasure nearby. This occur to me when i saw a dog sniffing for bomb. It make me wonder what if we train the dog to smell an asphalt. A substance usually use to cover gold bar or gold item. I will going to try this in the future.
     Go for it and post your results here. Hopefully that dog will live up to your expectation or it might end up in the barbecue pit.

t_hunter44

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 03:49:49 AM »
Yes of course. I thought of that one too. You should start the training while the sniffer is a puppy which comes from a good lineage of hunting dogs. The problem is you must have some stuff I mean gold around to use. And not all can get a sizable amount because of the prohibitive price. But good idea though. :D
     Japhiem was saying, train the dog to sniff for asphalt and here you are saying Gold as the object of the Sniffer Dogs.
Didn't know that Gold has a Scent, maybe I should train my Golden Retrievers for that kind of task and hopefully they will not look at me with disdain.

Offline japhiem

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »
Sir janner maybe you notice not all road here in philippines have an asphalt and when you go to the remote places you will only encounter  dust and dirt. Actually there will be limitation with this kind of idea. It cannot be used in every situation. If you think this is a silly idea then that is your opinion but i am certain there is some logic to what i try to do in the future. I am just hoping to use this style in remote places or maybe inside a tunnel or cave to locate for the scent of asphalt. which is usually used to cover for gold in order to be preserve.

Sir t_hunter i cannot guarantee to post the result in the future because to train a dog for this kind of task will take a year to accomplish. we do't know what will be our situation at that time. But i will try to share this whatever the result in the future.

Offline Myres

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »
Oh yes sir, gold definitely has scent. Just watch your relatives line up at your door when you make a recovery. Seriously, gold must have some properties which are not detectable by us humans who are very limited in our senses. But dogs they could have capabilities we are not aware of - such as being trained to detect  the aura of buried gold if does exude something.

t_hunter44

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »
Oh yes sir, gold definitely has scent. Just watch your relatives line up at your door when you make a recovery. Seriously, gold must have some properties which are not detectable by us humans who are very limited in our senses. But dogs they could have capabilities we are not aware of - such as being trained to detect  the aura of buried gold if does exude something.
     My relatives cannot smell gold but they can be around when they know I have some spare cash. Maybe your relatives has that uncanny ability to smell gold when you do make a recovery, when you ever do. Dogs has an uncanny sniffing capability  and also can see in the dark of night but to  to see the aura of gold, how do you know that or your dog probably told you that.Well, Good Luck in Finding your Super Dog, maybe it has X-Ray Vision too. Too many wild imaginations and weird ideas popping out lately and I am not sure if I have to thank you for contributing.

Offline Janner

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
Sir janner maybe you notice not all road here in philippines have an asphalt and when you go to the remote places you will only encounter  dust and dirt. Actually there will be limitation with this kind of idea. It cannot be used in every situation. If you think this is a silly idea then that is your opinion but i am certain there is some logic to what i try to do in the future. I am just hoping to use this style in remote places or maybe inside a tunnel or cave to locate for the scent of asphalt. which is usually used to cover for gold in order to be preserve.

dont you find this statement a little silly ? I mean gold has been in the ground and sea for hundreds if not thousands of years, but never needed a "Asphalt" covering did it?
and i would ask, have you ever encountered such a deposit with this type of covering?  ::)
ah well......

Offline japhiem

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 12:49:49 AM »
that statement of mine is not referring to natural gold. I mean for that is the style of most japanese hidden gold tresure sir. Most of the recovered japanese gold treasure i know have asphalt covering. So in order to trace for the buried japanese gold treasure we need to trace the asphalt with the help of dog since gold have no scent but the asphalt has. Sir janner i hope you get my point, i am not referring to natural gold sir but i am referring to hidden japanese treasure. The gold has no scent but the asphalt which is usually used by japanese to cover the gold has scent so if we trace the asphalt so with the gold. ;)

Offline Janner

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
that statement of mine is not referring to natural gold. I mean for that is the style of most japanese hidden gold tresure sir. Most of the recovered japanese gold treasure i know have asphalt covering. So in order to trace for the buried japanese gold treasure we need to trace the asphalt with the help of dog since gold have no scent but the asphalt has. Sir janner i hope you get my point, i am not referring to natural gold sir but i am referring to hidden japanese treasure. The gold has no scent but the asphalt which is usually used by japanese to cover the gold has scent so if we trace the asphalt so with the gold. ;)

is it really? and just how many have you "actually" seen yourself ?  ::)
the only ones i have seen covered in asphalt are the fake ones, plenty of those for you to play K9 with......
anyway up to you what you do......have fun.

Offline japhiem

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »
Yes sir really. Ive seen three recovered incedent but not the item only the leftover of the recovery and  asphalt were one of the leftover. You don't notice sir why the fake one have asphalt on it that is because they were imitating the real recovery. Anyway my idea is not yet proven successful so nothing to say for now. and thanks for your advice to have fun. treasure hunting is fun. anything will happen and i love the trill of it.