Author Topic: cemented box  (Read 8797 times)

Offline jini50

cemented box
« on: August 14, 2012, 06:49:48 AM »
hello ,
may i ask if there is any chemical to melt concrete cement? my brother accidentally found a concrete cemented boxes measuring 4 feet x 5 feet. and another box as big as a van. 
this was found in the intersection of a river and a creek after typhoon gener flooded his farm. my brother is afraid to force break the cement because maybe there will be a bomb inside.
thank you

Offline vourvon

Re: cemented box
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »
jini50,

You can do this with a little expense because the chemical is very expensive my group have 1 gallon and this is a reserve for my group project. You can put the log or its better to use a coconut shell because the temperature produce is high and after burning you can pour a vinegar. After this process the cement was brittle and it is not hard to break it.

P.S.
    If you worry for the bomb, you can use (or rent) first the metal detector or scanner with discrimination to know what's inside. Here is the link of rental: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/6196145/Gold+Scanner+%26+Metal+Detector+Rental?event=Sulit.com.ph+Homepage,Browsing+History,Browsing+History

vourvon

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
First metal detector scan it.  Many people mistake limestone rock for cement.  If you can, share some pictures with us.  What island are you on ??  Pending where you are and what hurry you are, we plan on being back on North Mindanao in a couple of months, if convenient we have the Nokta scanner with us.

Z

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:55:27 PM »
jini50,

You can do this with a little expense because the chemical is very expensive my group have 1 gallon and this is a reserve for my group project. You can put the log or its better to use a coconut shell because the temperature produce is high and after burning you can pour a vinegar. After this process the cement was brittle and it is not hard to break it.

P.S.
    If you worry for the bomb, you can use (or rent) first the metal detector or scanner with discrimination to know what's inside. Here is the link of rental: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/6196145/Gold+Scanner+%26+Metal+Detector+Rental?event=Sulit.com.ph+Homepage,Browsing+History,Browsing+History

vourvon

You're renting those? Does that also come with an operator?
TW

Offline vourvon

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:26 AM »
TW,

The Nokta and TM808 with IconData Logger is mine and I'm also the operator. The Double Magnum is owned by my relative and he is the operator but now he is in Hawaii and the equipment is in my custody and I'm also the operator.

vourvon

Offline IslandBoy

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »
vourvon

pls email me what kind of compensation for a scan in north mindanao
we like discreet scanning of the area so as not to alert the locals

yamashitatreasures@gmail.com

Offline vourvon

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
IslandBoy,

The rental is open for Luzon only, sorry for the inconvenience maybe soon it can. And sorry to the topic for not related post.

vourvon

Offline Myres

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:30 AM »
Island Boy, perhaps I can offer a more plausible explanation why the detection is for Luzon only.
The answer is: When the detector is transported to Cebu or Mindanao either by  plane or by ship where it has to pass the Customs and security, there will certainly be a hard time getting it through the customs.

t_hunter44

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
Island Boy, perhaps I can offer a more plausible explanation why the detection is for Luzon only.
The answer is: When the detector is transported to Cebu or Mindanao either by  plane or by ship where it has to pass the Customs and security, there will certainly be a hard time getting it through the customs.
     Customs is now that strict even in-Country Flights? The only time that Customs asked me about my Scanner was when I brought it in from out of country and all they did was asked me what it was, I told them it is a Scanner and I need it for my job, that was it. Been to Cebu and back to Manila and they never questioned it.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 09:05:05 PM »

Actually there is no  problem transporting a Nokta or any other equipment both INTO and OUT OF the islands.  That includes local commuter flights and ferry's.  I have hauled my Nokta into and out of the islands so many times I just leave it there now.  Same with the Whites 808 and the various Garrets and stuff.  Same with the radios, data loggers and computer equipment.  No, don't need import or export permits or licenses or such.  Only radio equipment is regulated but I have never had anyone even stop me for that, in the islands.  Now the aholes in USA customs is a different matter.  But I am flagged not to bother so I just go through in USA.  The only problem is theft via the PH customs so I have to personally hand carry or oversee all transport.  I know one time I left the Nokta and trusted it to be transported OK.  Later when I opened the case I found the battery near flat and there was bits of dry grass and sand inside the zipper bag and the zipper was damaged like someone did not know how to properly close it.  I was really pissed and started kicking butts.  Obviously someone had snatched it while I was not there and tried using it in the field, that is how the sand and grass got inside the bag.  I never take the zipper bag in the field.  Had to take the case to a luggage repair shop and replace the entire sipper with a stronger one.  14 US dollar repair made local.  Now I watch my equipment with both eyes 24/7 when ever it is in transit.  I can not say the same for some of my Filipino friends, there are some guys who get stopped all the time for no reason, must be cursed or what not.

Now if your equipment is Stolen and on a hot list, then I could see why you would not want to take it through an airport.

If you are transporting firearms or ammo, that must be checked in with the airlines, on a ferry's it's not necessary least wise never asked for.

Z

Offline Myres

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 10:49:13 PM »
I have seen guys who had electronic gadgets get squeezed by security people. Either these guards were ignorant or were very interested to steal the equipment in broad daylight through 'confiscation'. I would never risk transporting my detector by plane or ship if I had one.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
That's one of the problems.  If the officials think they can squeeze you or shake you down for a few pesos, they will do it.  Confiscate it and then tell you to pay a bribe to get it back.  Fortunately they make second thoughts about shaking down a Cano vs a local.  I think I paid a forced bribe at the airport only once and LTO only once.  If you want to make them get shook, pay the bribe and then just as soon as the money hits their hands, tell them you want a receipt so you can declare the bribe as a business expense and you want to validate the bribe at Camp Crame !!  For two bribes I had to pay, I turned them over to CIDG.

Like anything, it's not a perfect world and you have to expect this to come up from time to time.

This one is Funny.  I had the MNLA inspectors try to confiscate a piece of my equipment the beginning of the year, on my way out of the country.  IT WAS A SET OF FINGERNAIL CLIPPERS.  The little pocket type that cost like 30 pesos at a Sari Sari store.  I told them no and I was not going to let them have the clippers.  We had a big argument about it and I did not back down.  They finally made a special bag to get the clippers onto the airline as check in luggage for which they wanted to charge me $150 usd for the extra luggage.  I yelled and got the manager who signed some form and gave me a receipt and they checked in the bag carrying the fingernail clippers, no charge.  I have those in my desk now.  Never let them bully you.

Z

t_hunter44

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
I have seen guys who had electronic gadgets get squeezed by security people. Either these guards were ignorant or were very interested to steal the equipment in broad daylight through 'confiscation'. I would never risk transporting my detector by plane or ship if I had one.
    So, what do you suggest to transport your equipment if you will not use a plane nor a ship, LBC,
Fedex ?

Offline Myres

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 07:22:54 AM »
Sir Zobex, good for you, you are more courageous to fight for your rights. I envy you.
Sir T-Hunter, if I would go South with my detector I would probably take the 'ro-ro'.

Offline Angelvictory

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »
Just want to share,
I brought in my Nokta last year through Ninoy airport.. I removed the equipment and place it inside a huge luggage, removed the square antenna and repackaged it like a flat screen TV  and claimed it at the airport custom as returning resident..balikbayan of course.. the inspector still was charging me import taxes for my electronics but I told him that balikbayan are exempt from taxes .. but in the process I inserted $5.00 inside in my passport.. told him it's a tip for his good service.. he smile and let me go.. what a racket... anyway I tip waitresses more than that in restaurants so it didn't bother me doing it..some people will call it a bribe.. other will say it's a donation.. the churches call it love offering in their collection box to absolve you of your sins.. he..he..he.
Victor

sorry this thread is going a different direction ..