Author Topic: Need your opinion  (Read 5636 times)

Offline skedster

Need your opinion
« on: March 27, 2013, 08:13:52 AM »
Hi I just found this forum and joined because a friend of mine has access to a stash of bars that they are claiming to be platinum somewhere in the mindanao area. I saw one of these bars for real (the one with the letter "S"). We sawed off a small chunk from the bar but I don't know what to do with it. Should I bring it to a pawnshop?

Would appreciate comments.

They are claiming that the:
- bars have platinum in it - from 50 to 90%
- the reddish plate with "JP Morgan" on it is gold. Sorry the picture is blurred. I took a photo of a photo to post it here.
- the stuff in the plastic bag are supposed to be silver flakes.

Thank you.

Offline skedster

Re: Need your opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:23:07 AM »
More pictures and extra info:

The person who has this also has supposed certificates from Gold Buyers Asia Ltd. of Hongkong (address at Room 1601, No. 88 Hing Fat Str. Causeway Bay, Hongkong)

According to the document, the results are as follows:

Square Shaped Metal bar
Weight : 1000 ++ grams
Copper - 47.488%
Platinum - 52.512%

Square Shaped Metal
Weight : 284.42 grams
Components :
Copper - 47.488%
Platinum - 52.512%

Oval Shaped Metal
Weight : 24.63 grams
Copper - 47.915%
Platinum - 52.085%

Silver Flakes
Weight : 1000++ grams
Copper - 58.550%
Silver - 41.450%

Questions:
1. Is this company who supposedly tested and verified the items, for real?
2. Are the above composition realistic?

Thank you.

Offline renantiur

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »

are you from davao city? if you are from davao city, i will help you have it assayed in a BSP accredited mineral laboratory.

have it fire assayed . that is the best way you will determine if it is genuine or not

Offline skedster

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »
Thanks for your offer sir, pero nasa metro manila po ako. I'll be in Davao next week but only passing through to go to Surigao, then I'm back here the next day. Actually I'm a complete newb at this. Do you know if there are reputable places where we can test them here in M Manila?

What we're actually after is to prove the authenticity of the items above so we could sell them. If they turn out to be fake then fine, at least we know.

Many thanks.

Offline franke

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 10:37:21 PM »
Skedster,

The attached pick with S and holes side by side my brod.in law put it in my motorcycle foot break, if the said item content the platinum then I tried to assay it, I don't know where he bought those metal. :)

Offline skedster

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:14:41 AM »
That's good to know. Thank you for the info sir. If you do get to assay it, please let me know. Honestly, I'm very skeptical about this, but i do want to satisfy my curiosity. I wouldn't be surprised if these bars end up being aluminum or zinc or something.