Author Topic: Post Hole Digger  (Read 2480 times)

t_hunter44

Post Hole Digger
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:51:25 PM »
  A simple Post Hole Digger will come in handy on your quest, or for digging holes for your fence post. If one suspects a tunnel underneath, there is no need to dig, just use your Post Hole Digger and when the Post Hole Digger reach that empty space, example, a Tunnel or cave, it will suddenly drop and then you will know that there is really a cavity underneath . The Auger will also bring out the materials and if you hit any precious item, then you know that there is something of value directly underneath. The attached One man 52cc Gas Post Hole Digger will give you an idea and how it looks like and maybe improvise it to reach or dig deeper holes, several auger extensions maybe 4 feet each in length or whatever one so desires, shorter or longer. You might have to improve also on the tip of the drill, use harder and tougher drill bit ends and augers to get through some soft rocks or boulders that gets on the way. It is a direct drive vertical shaft engine and you might have to increase the HP or CC, depending on your need or application.These wouldn't post much of a challenge to the Mechanically Inclined People. Take the challenge and have a go at it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:40:02 PM by t_hunter44 »

t_hunter44

Re: Post Hole Digger
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »
   This method is an alternative to digging if you suspect something underneath. How many days would it take for you to dig  20 feet down and 3 to 4 feet in diameter, several days but you can do it in one day with the enhanced or revised Post Hole Digger to really find out if your suspicion was right that there is something underneath. Suspicion is one thing but one has to be more precise where he is digging or drilling and that is why one needs a good GPR or Scanner to really pinpoint the location or else you will see all kinds of holes on the area, hopefully one has the sense to cover up the false or wrong holes as it might break the leg of an unknowing passerby, domestic animals or even you if you step on it in the dark.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:06:40 PM by t_hunter44 »

Offline margaha

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »
   This method is an alternative to digging if you suspect something underneath. How many days would it take for you to dig  20 feet down and 3 to 4 feet in diameter, several days but you can do it in one day with the enhanced or revised Post Hole Digger to really find out if your suspicion was right that there is something underneath. Suspicion is one thing but one has to be more precise where he is digging or drilling and that is why one needs a good GPR or Scanner to really pinpoint the location or else you will see all kinds of holes on the area, hopefully one has the sense to cover up the false or wrong holes as it might break the leg of an unknowing passerby, domestic animals or even you if you step on it in the dark.

I think it's time to talk about digging.

The post digger is the more sensible digging equipment with less impact on the environment compared to backhoe and loaders. It comes handy and can be operated by 2 person only so it means less man-hours. the only problem with this will be water because it is sensitive to moisture. Another serious problem with gas operated machines when operated in the hole will be the smoke. It contains poisonous gas which could eventually kill those who were exposed to it in higher concentration. Another thing is oxygen depletion.... the oxygen in the hole will be used up by the combustion plus the addition of other gasses which would eventually lead to asphyxiation.

5-8 ft is still safe I think because the air could still circulate which totally depends on how big is the hole and site conditions.
8 ft onwards will be too dangerous... 

I think we need another equipment which would do the job with less health hazard.

Give Me your hand. No matter what deeds you have done, I will alight upon you.

Jesus Christ

t_hunter44

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »

The post digger is the more sensible digging equipment with less impact on the environment compared to backhoe and loaders. It comes handy and can be operated by 2 person only so it means less man-hours. the only problem with this will be water because it is sensitive to moisture. Another serious problem with gas operated machines when operated in the hole will be the smoke. It contains poisonous gas which could eventually kill those who were exposed to it in higher concentration. Another thing is oxygen depletion.... the oxygen in the hole will be used up by the combustion plus the addition of other gasses which would eventually lead to asphyxiation.

5-8 ft is still safe I think because the air could still circulate which totally depends on how big is the hole and site conditions.

I think we need another equipment which would do the job with less health hazard.
   And I thought the Post Hole Digger is only a SURFACE TOOL  for probing what is underneath. I hope everyone here has some Common Sense I am not about to do lectures on DOs and DONTs.

Offline Janner

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »

like previously said by the Author of this topic its a "Post Hole" digger and immediately along comes "Margaha" and changes it to suit what he wants and not what the topic is !!

which just proves a point, that he has no idea what he is talking about !! Other wise he would know what a post hole digger is eh...? FFS !~

Offline margaha

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 07:00:38 PM »

like previously said by the Author of this topic its a "Post Hole" digger and immediately along comes "Margaha" and changes it to suit what he wants and not what the topic is !!

which just proves a point, that he has no idea what he is talking about !! Other wise he would know what a post hole digger is eh...? FFS !~

Did you guys have read what I have just underlined from thunters statement? It says 20 ft.... well read your lines carefully.

Jesus Christ

Offline margaha

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »
Did this forum only allows moderators to talk? Are you happy that the guys were silent here? Unless I am busy I will not stop talking here. I've been on vacation for the past 5.5 months and been doing fb and this full time. I'LL keep talking to keep you annoyed. Jejjeejjee.  ::)

Jesus Christ

t_hunter44

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 07:44:56 AM »
Did this forum only allows moderators to talk? Are you happy that the guys were silent here? Unless I am busy I will not stop talking here. I've been on vacation for the past 5.5 months and been doing fb and this full time. I'LL keep talking to keep you annoyed. Jejjeejjee.  ::)
     You can Post and that means it's not only the Moderators that can post. No, we are not happy if the other Members here is not Posting and I can understand why, because they are tired of reading a Bunch of BS here, from you and Franke. You want to Annoy us, go right ahead, be our guest. Been on vacation for the last 5 and a half months, now I see, that explains your constant postings and you have nothing else better to do and you run out of Sensible and Believable Topics and your mind or memory card has run out of memory, like your Sim Card that has run out of load, time for you to reload your SIM card and then Acquire a better Memory Card too for your brain. You just go ahead and make my day. Jejjeejjee, some Mule is laughing his Ass off, with the same mentality of a mule.

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
T-hunter friend you are really one of the blessed few i can count here, a real keeper of an analytical and logical sense.
I appreciate you being a guardian of good sense. Keep it up Bro.

SILENCE doesn't mean they are out and gone...they are still here, reading the nicest of all nice postings and filtering out the BS's.

There are great minds here but are only silent, and to others who just sat on the bench and let their fingers do the talking on the keyboard,,---do not talk much more than your brain can handle.
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
---William Jennings Bryan

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 10:36:25 AM »
Janner too is an analytical and a logical person....at marami pang iba (you know who you are folks) who are on the honor roll.
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
---William Jennings Bryan

t_hunter44

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
T-hunter friend you are really one of the blessed few i can count here, a real keeper of an analytical and logical sense.
I appreciate you being a guardian of good sense. Keep it up Bro.

SILENCE doesn't mean they are out and gone...they are still here, reading the nicest of all nice postings and filtering out the BS's.

There are great minds here but are only silent, and to others who just sat on the bench and let their fingers do the talking on the keyboard,,---do not talk much more than your brain can handle.
   THOSE GUYS WILL MAKE GOOD POLITICIANS, THEIR MOUTH KEEPS TALKING EVEN WHEN THEIR MINDS HAS STOPPED. AND THEY NEVER RUN OUT OF LIES.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:44:20 PM by t_hunter44 »

Offline margaha

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »
I can still call my God who is the creator of all things... This God owns everything. If I sound convincing and consistent it is because I haven't lied at all. I do not hold any false statements, my opinions could be wrong but I never been of being in lying state to malign or misled anyone.

My God is an awesome God I bring forth that seal as that because I have not lied. The fish can always be caught by the mouth. Men has prostituted to this wealth so much that they themselves could not believe in TRUTH from the young minds and non hitters alike. TRUTH will always be TRUTH it will not care who we are.

Sense of discussion has stopped because everyone has rurn negative. This doesnt come from me. This comes from those people in the sidelines who keep watch this beautiful site. But they dare not to talk because they want not to be insulted. Did you remember somebody who has just left after he posted?

THESE ARE FACTS... 

Jesus Christ

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
  A simple Post Hole Digger will come in handy on your quest, or for digging holes for your fence post. If one suspects a tunnel underneath, there is no need to dig, just use your Post Hole Digger and when the Post Hole Digger reach that empty space, example, a Tunnel or cave, it will suddenly drop and then you will know that there is really a cavity underneath . The Auger will also bring out the materials and if you hit any precious item, then you know that there is something of value directly underneath. The attached One man 52cc Gas Post Hole Digger will give you an idea and how it looks like and maybe improvise it to reach or dig deeper holes, several auger extensions maybe 4 feet each in length or whatever one so desires, shorter or longer. You might have to improve also on the tip of the drill, use harder and tougher drill bit ends and augers to get through some soft rocks or boulders that gets on the way. It is a direct drive vertical shaft engine and you might have to increase the HP or CC, depending on your need or application.These wouldn't post much of a challenge to the Mechanically Inclined People. Take the challenge and have a go at it.

This is a good idea, that's why we have been using one for a while now.  Very similar to the picture but it is actually a shallow well drill.  5 sections at 4 foot length per section/extensions.  So, it will go 20 foot.  That is quite handy for looking for cement or rusty metal and is actually the maximum depth of say a Nokta or a Whites 808 and equal detectors.  Check the drillings for metal shavings/rust or white sand or clays or cement.

Z