Author Topic: Home » Baguio » Local News Mayor orders end to treasure hunting  (Read 1804 times)

Offline DoubtfulMind

Re: Home » Baguio » Local News Mayor orders end to treasure hunting
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »
‘White lady’ inspires new tunnel find in La Trinidad
Jimmy Laking
Headlines, 2/17/2013
A “white lady” spotted occasionally along a slope in La Trinidad’s Barangay Bahong has inspired a couple to dig a 50-feet tunnel in search for her bones and along with it, the treasure believed buried beneath.

This is the gist of an initial report submitted to the office of Mayor Gregorio Abalos Jr. by a team comprised of personnel from the Mines and Geosciences Board, the Office of the Municipal Engineer, and Bahong Punong Barangay Johnny Monang.

“It’s their alibi but it’s plain they were digging primarily for treasure,” said Monang.

Julius Mandac of the Municipal Engineering Office said the team has convinced the couple, Alejandro and Marissa Bie, to stop the digging. The Bies are from Pampanga but have established residence in Bahong. 

“We will recommend to Mayor Abalos to issue a cease and desist order,” he said, adding the tunnel was haphazardly done without timber or wood support as in most vertical tunnels dug.

He described the vertical tunnel was 50 feet in depth, with a 10 feet horizontal tunnel further down and the lack of timber support makes it dangerous during heavy rains or in case of an earthquake. 

Monang asked for an investigation based on the complaint of one Florence Ham who feared that the diggings may cause damage to her house, which is just a few meters from the digging.

He said the digging may also affect the provincial road going to Bahong if not stopped.

Bahong is the country’s leading producer of cut flowers, mostly roses and mums.

Confronted by the team, the Bie couple said they ordered the digging to search for the bones of “a white lady” or ghost of a woman seen often in the area.

The couple did not say exactly what they will do to the bones but Ibaloi leaders say the problem could have been easily remedied with the sacrifice of a pig, assuming the sightings of a ghost was real.

“Plain and simple alibi,” said Municipal Administrator Jerome Nabus, lamenting that treasure hunting has become a fad in the capital town.

The other week, Abalos ordered the cessation of digging activities being conducted underneath the Dulnuan household in Barangay Betag “to prevent imminent danger to lives and properties.”

Offline wacky

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
hello i found a good sign here in part of cebu ....it has stone like snake and stone form like a head of person...i want a partner txt me09231476262

t_hunter44

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:14 PM »
hello i found a good sign here in part of cebu ....it has stone like snake and stone form like a head of person...i want a partner txt me09231476262
     Welcome to TSEATC.  Might be a good idea to post pictures of your said good signs so you can attract a partner for how else can you arouse the interest of would be partners of your site if you do not show pictures of what you got, just a suggestion.