Author Topic: Imperial Japanese Geodetic Survey, Mapmaking,Maps: In context to Ph. T. Hunting  (Read 37457 times)

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
CONNECTING THE DOTS NOW, ON OUR SITE SOMEWHERE AT THE FOOTHILLS OF MOUNT APO

Hello everybody, i did visited this website from time to time but just got no lengthy time to spend writing like i used to do here before.
I can't resist writing and connecting to you folks once again since, i know, i'm still not that perfect hunter after all and wanted more insightful ideas from the experts here.
After applying all due analysis and applying the principles of Geodesy, like finding the right monuments, survey grids, survey lines or in treasure hunting context, the markers, treasure grids and treasure lines. From a landmark and markers, i applied, tried and given starting bearing which of course served as my starting points of measurements. From that selected bearing value using only that old but reliable military compass, i also did assigned value or number of steps to try to find shallow sub surface markers then i relied on that found underground marker on which way to proceed. And that's only a quick recap on what happened on our site. Applied Geodetic Engineering precepts and this we found;
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
---William Jennings Bryan

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

And to my shock!!! a GRAVESTONE OR LAPIDA UNDER 50 FEET, 4x4 and markings on the lapida are embossed....
But however, i decided not to post the original photos here....i'll just give you the sketched copy....

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Again, in the beginning of this thread i said this;

I would like to quote a friend by saying this, "A Geodetic Engineer is the man given his geodetic experience to unravel , if he only had the start points and scale” ;) ;) ;)

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
now any ideas please???,,

i have my interpretations, but they say two heads is better than one, hence i enjoin the great minds here on their insightful ideas...what does this mean to you?....

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
next will be the sketch of the dig, presently we are at 105 feet were we found 5 old culverts lined horizontally. We reached this far by following points and scale found and given by markers on both on the surface and sub-surface...Most of the trail we followed were backfilled with fine sand.,It's quite refreshing to note that finally, i can follow leads using the principles of Geodesy...

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Wow.. nice! Is that brass item with the holes in it a Japanese flute?

105 feet already? I hope you didn't miss the item. Hope ZOBEX will also assist you here.

Good luck!
TW

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
I haven't finished yet my sketch yet Admin Tony but i assure you that will be amazing...however i have this diagram lifted from the" Yamashita Dreambook" by Aquila Chrysaeastos, not actually an exact representation but the placement of trap and the booty is somehere and somehow like this.....

The loot is laying on top of tons of fine sand, securely locked in place and in position until it will be disturbed, once disturbed and water mixes with the sand, it will be like quicksand, the loot will slid past under and into another chamber, and look, i believe we are now already on that chamber. We believed we avoided the dangers when we first diverted our dig when we found that "gravestone or tombstone or lapida".
We have some markers at 50 feet that told us to change direction, a duck marker that points somewhere and we followed that and after some point we found another duck marker and another direction. At almost every point we hauled backfilled sand, then at some point again we found a pyramid shaped hole, the center of which led us straight down, but again followed lots of backfilled sand, at some point, a compass was used, remembering and using a value for a bearing again, this time its reverse, and i noticed that eventhough we've drifted already some feet away from the main hole's sinking which started when we found that Lapida, we noticed that we're going back again to same level as that of the Lapida, after we found that culverts lined horizontally which seemed to me the entrance to chamber, the chamber that would catch the booty if it was touched and applied brute force..
That culvert's is now where we are, and mind you there's a door, and our next attack probably is, we will try to knock on heaven's door ;) ;) ;)

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Be back again next weekend folks, life is wonderful ;) ;) ;) ;) :-* :-* :-*

Offline ZOBEX

Dang it Ben, you sure are doing it the hard way.  It would be easier just to use an original map like this one ( small cut out ).  There is a couple of large rocks over a cement cased bunker door and a Japanese naval torpedo behind the bunker door.  About 20 feet long and 3,000 pounds .  Oh joy of joy who gets to de-arm the fuse .  Wish me luck, I will need it !

Z

Offline caped

wow. this is so exciting. hope everuthing turns out great. sir zobex, is that map a generic one for most hillside deposits? is the yellow arrow pointing to a trap? sir ben maybe after you recover can we see this site just to get an idea what we are up against.

in panabo there is a site that was discovered by accident. i havent seen it as the owner is paranoid. while digging a septic tank, the bottom collapsed n the digger got stuck in the bottom for 3 hours til the wife came to check on him. a rope was lowered for him to climb out. after some investigating the next day, they found a door. when they tried to open it just a little bit, it seemed to trigger a machine to run. the noise produced sounded like a generator and a big fan or blower. that was the last i heard bout that farmer. now does this sound legit? aside from ben, anyone else come across a door?