Author Topic: Imperial Japanese Geodetic Survey, Mapmaking,Maps: In context to Ph. T. Hunting  (Read 95364 times)

Offline franke

in other words you have no idea of Triangulations!!
And "never visited" the site?? so your talking third hand info then...??
ENDEX

Sorry for using Triangulation as that was an inappropriate word, should have used a TRIANGLE instead.

Sir,

Yep, at first no idea about triangle as bearing point or markers but time goes I realize that we are there for a long time but not giving any importance but now I learned it. Sooner or later I'm going to visit that site but not on TH activity, but to see what's in there and if I have the enough budget and based on the history, markers, live pointer no need to my group to move to other area as very far from our place.

Offline Janner

Sir,

Yep, at first no idea about triangle as bearing point or markers but time goes I realize that we are there for a long time but not giving any importance but now I learned it. Sooner or later I'm going to visit that site but not on TH activity, but to see what's in there and if I have the enough budget and based on the history, markers, live pointer no need to my group to move to other area as very far from our place.

"You learned it" ? in a couple of days?? hahahaha now your taking the Pi$$.
The surveyors here have took years to learn their skills, but you...only days..... :o

well there goes your credibility.....WhhoooOOSH !! GONE !!
anyway enough of you and your silly posts....bye.

Offline franke

You learned it" ? in a couple of days?? hahahaha now your taking the Pi$$.
The surveyors here have took years to learn their skills, but you...only days.....

well there goes your credibility.....WhhoooOOSH !! GONE !!
anyway enough of you and your silly posts....bye.

Sir,

I'm here already almost a year, time goes I realize that we are there for a long time but not giving any importance but now I learned it, because of joining here this is confirmed my doubts and i realized the differences of our site before and now. Before we dig as long as we found signs but no reference like old tree, rock boulder, mountains, history and pointer.

DINDO BAYAUA

I would have kept quiet on this topic although I know "something" is misnomer. I have been teaching it for quite sometime ago, then the subject cropped up.

I second to the point of Janner. He is right, that is not "triangulation". That sometimes is called "angular intersection" or simply triangle, to name a few, BUT THAT IS NOT “Triangulation”. A Triangulation problem is one quite complex surveying topic and in in computing too. It needs at least 3 reference point, and a distance of 1 or 2 sides so to compute the unknown sides of angle.

It will take you at least 4 semesters to know most of the basics theories…and quite a few years to master the actual practice and application.

Sorry, I cannot attach the scanned pictures of the triangulation problems in surveying for proof. I tried but I think it is too large a picture to post.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:18:42 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

t_hunter44

I would have kept quiet on this topic although I know "something" is misnomer. I have been teaching it for quite sometime ago, then the subject cropped up.

I second to the point of Janner. He is right, that is not "triangulation". That sometimes is called "angular intersection" or simply triangle, to name a few, BUT THAT IS NOT “Triangulation”. A Triangulation problem is one quite complex surveying topic and in in computing too. It needs at least 3 reference point, and a distance of 1 or 2 sides so to compute the unknown sides of angle.

It will take you at least 4 semesters to know most of the basics theories…and quite a few years to master the actual practice and application.

Sorry, I cannot attach the scanned pictures of the triangulation problems in surveying for proof. I tried but I think it is too large a picture to post.
      Maybe it is time for you to open and teach us about Trigonometry, Geometry and Triangulation but that will take time and I sure do not have the time. Trigonometry was a subject that I never relished back in my college days and I am not about to go back to school, the heck with that. Has anybody ever heard of KISS, it is "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID". That was not directed at anybody but I go by that as there is no point in giving myself complications, the simpler it is, the better it is, for me.

DINDO BAYAUA

I rather hold on that "KISS"  :)

Offline ghost

Trigonometry and Geometry? Try to master the Phytagorean theorem first (right angled triangle) as this is the very basis of trigonometry and geometry before posting and can not be done overnight only. It takes semesters or years in practical application to know, or try maybe the soh, cah and toa to name the basics. I also stick with TH44 and DB's  'KISS' so as not to complicate matters. Just my little contribution on that triangulation....... :)

Offline franke

:)
Guys, I say it again because of the word angle and traiangulation, I could compare now the site we had operated and now what site we have. :-*

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Hello,

Just got this time off..., i'm not abandoning this thread, just happened we are just so aware of our priorities and been multi-tasking.

Yes, i agree with DB's point in saying--- "A Triangulation problem is one quite complex surveying topic and in in computing too. It needs at least 3 reference point, and a distance of 1 or 2 sides so to compute the unknown sides of angle.

Sorry, I cannot attach the scanned pictures of the triangulation problems in surveying for proof. I tried but I think it is too large a picture to post."

Yes, It will take someone 5 years of complete schooling to finish B.S in Geodetic Engineering as of present curriculum (just inquired in one College School in Davao that offered such course since my pretty daughter is now contemplating on becoming like his grandpa and uncles!--so no need for me to enroll for a 4th course ;) ;))..

Somehow, i'll try to post some topics about Area computations and or methods of determining an area of a tract of land.
There are actually 6 ways, that's according to Juny Pilapil La Putt, the author of the book ELEMENTARY SURVEYING INSTRUCTIONAL MANUAL...

I'll try to attach let me see....

“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
---William Jennings Bryan

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
okay, i'll give you more attachments about some surveying topics that mostly concerns us.
but its your taking now whether you want to do serious study about it, i am not here to discuss it, for i am also in the learning stages :D :D.

Anyways, i will just have the convenience to just directly ask questions for a clearer understanding about such topics--to the above mentioned live references...

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
next page

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
More on measuring distances

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
More on measurement of distance...

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
MEASUREMENTS OF ANGLES AND DIRECTIONS

Now, this really concerns us all and let's dig into the bottom of this....you do your studies... and i'll have mine too.

The location of points and the orientation of lines frequently depend upon the measurement of angles and directions.
In surveying, directions are given by bearings and azimuths.

Let's enter now the basic principles of measuring and reckoning angles and directions ;) ;) ;)