Author Topic: Imperial Japanese Geodetic Survey, Mapmaking,Maps: In context to Ph. T. Hunting  (Read 94855 times)

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
ohhh i have been fixing the map but its just too big to attach...

for the meantime please make do with this....still part of the Philippines maybe somewhere Visayas..just not sure

So if there's one who can translate please contribute, we might just find something that we can connect to Philippine T> Hunting.
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
---William Jennings Bryan

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Circa 1942
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

much bigger views, chopped in 3 parts

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
much bigger view

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Still no contributed translations? :-\ :-\ ::) ::)

Well, I have been always ready to contribute more, such as maps but since this is a one way highway, its better to stop this..

Few days from now, i'll be back to where my heart belongs--be hitting country roads again and will be there most of my time, i selected to be with the natives, indigenous people, and will be teaching secondary level students for good.. Educator by weekdays, a hunter by weekends ;) ;) ;) ;)

Fresh air again, be with nature again.. Stay safe everyone and be brave!---destiny favors the thinking braves :D :D

Offline Janner

the problem is, the maps are so out of focus and blurred, its impossible to read any of the writing.
so, translating is out I'm afraid..... ;)

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
This is part of Topo map Gaihuzu of Mindanao gensan-davao-bukidnon...
Interpretations would allow us to know whether there are some things we can connect to T. hunting though this is not a T. map but for sure this was done somewhere 1942-1944..

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
This from gaihuzo gensan-davao provinces-bukidnon topo map.
interpretations to the first cut -out, will prod me to post other cut-outs.

Or better,

pm me if someone who knows, so that we avoid posting all here, to the delight of arm-chair hunters who doesn't want to spend a sweat researching and instead just go to forums and fish informations without even caring to share something worthwhile from them.

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
 another descriptions and last.

I already found a translator  a kin and a Japanese descendant somewhere in Calinan ( a kin and a nikkei-jin)
I'll try to figure out what info in context to T hunting i can derive from those ww2 Imperial Japs army Topo maps.

Informations are just somewhere out there, like, there where boxed diagrams with drawings of a plane, it seems to me in a mountaintops? ::) ::) ::). Knowing the locations of hangars, offices, headquarters, bunkers, previous mining areas and etc. could be another level :-* :-* :-*

One calling is nearing (last week of next month), i'll be in a Valley school. I might be gone here for long. Back to commune with nature, to the basics and far from technology.

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

to give you an idea of some Gaihuzo and how old it is, here's one made by IJA for Hongkong...

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Gaihuzo of Burma

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Gaihozu for Indonesia (sangihe)

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Gaihozu for Indonesia;  Most maps were prepared by IJA Chief of Staffs Southern Army General Headquarters                                        Period: 1943-1944

A1 Islands
Damar                       
Talaud

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Gaihozu for
Indonesia

Bali

Timor

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
IJA mapping asia pacific...