Author Topic: Imperial Japanese Geodetic Survey, Mapmaking,Maps: In context to Ph. T. Hunting  (Read 95415 times)

Offline Yojuyo

now any ideas please???,,

i have my interpretations, but they say two heads is better than one, hence i enjoin the great minds here on their insightful ideas...what does this mean to you?....

Horn
" One FAILURE doens' t matter in the great scheme of life."

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Hello i'm back folks,

Well, thank you very much Zobex for your insight and that little cut from your map. Yes, it could have eased some of our hardwork if we do have a map but since it's not the case, I just tried the conventions of Geodetic measurements.
Remembering always the assumed basic start scale, angles ( forward and backwards bearings etc.) we do reach the indicated paths in the shown diagrams.
I believe your cut-out map Zobex is that on a hillside bunker right?, ours is directly underground. We came back and resumed our work these past few days and we, yes, admittedly, really hesitated after reading your cut-out map regarding that of a big naval torpedo at the culvert's entrance but after dowsing, thorough and careful examination we knew that there was no bomb at the entrance so we go ahead and cleared up all the backfilled sand in the culvert (5 culvert 4feet in diameter fittted together to form like a tunnel) until we reached the door (see attached diagram)
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
---William Jennings Bryan

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
we tried to chisel the supposed door, but since it's getting late, we partially chiseled it but not actually broken and penetrated it. (it's 5pm already during that time) we decided to continue the work the next day. We return the next morning but when we started going down our dig, we heard a loud crumbling sound under for about nearly a minute and followed by a clanging metal sound.... sounds like this----Blag, blag, blag, bog, bog, bog blag, blag...then...,, clang, cling, tsing,tsing, tsing, tsing cling, tsing......

Just what was that???? we looked at each other very anxiously....
“Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
we later checked it out later that day, and we discovered that the culvert tunnel was already filled with water at our neck's level, we tried to inspect the insides of the culvert but we cannot see clearly since the water is somewhat cloudy or muddy "lubog" but i still can fell in my feet that the culvert was still intact. We withdraw and got back to the surface and planned our next move...

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
after the crumbling and the clanging, water is at our necks level infront of the culverts entrance...

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
after the crumbling and the clanging, water is at our necks level infront of the culverts entrance...

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
second day after the banging and clanging sound.....

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Now, presently our problem is the water which sets at approximately 60 feet, we will soon produce submersible pumps.
We planned to drain the water and see whats the situation now at the culvert tunnel and the believed collapsed door, and just what was that clanging, cling tsang, tsing tsing sound was??? ???

If you were to decide folks, which way should it best be penetrated?--go back to the culvert tunnel and check it or go at the 50 feet level whre the"lapida" or tombstone was found and dig down straight sinking??

suggestions please Zobex, any help? and the rest of the best hunters here i will welcome your thoughts....
Thank you in advance for any insightful ideas.....
Be back again next weekend....
BV2015

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら
Anyways here's some photos for your reference.
Some of the markers we found........

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Offline Ben Valmores

• さくら さくら

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Hello Ben and welcome back! It's always nice to see your project updates here!

The best of luck to you guys!
TW

Offline ZOBEX

Just what was that???? we looked at each other very anxiously...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I suggest steel fuel drums or worse bouncy antisubmarine depth charges.  Not being funny.  We personally have run into both of those.  You see, fuel drums of oil or gasoline will float.  In the tunnel in Zamboanga there was a pyramid of fuel drums with a depth charge on top set with two " pistons ".  We bypassed them, long, long story.  Found fuel drums on the stair case in the Bukidnon tunnel complex, they were daisy chained with a trip wire and one was, I was told by an expert, a magnetic trip depth charge.  We decided to completely bypass that tunnel annex.

Just saying, sounds like fuel drums in the chamber and as it floods the fuel drums are rising and either hitting the sides or ceiling of the tunnel complex.  As you were digging you let off the air lock on the complex, it can breath so now it will flood.  We have had that too.  A tunnel is good for not more than 6 weeks when you open one.  It starts to fall apart after that.

If I was digging, that would be my interpretation.  But again I make mistakes to.

I have also found similar funny or odd shaped cement like objects in a 100% vault complex.  Were found with 22 remains of IJA all laying out in rows like on military formation.

The problem with flat land deposits or vaults is, they generally are deep, there is flooding problems and pumping out water on flat land is a pain in the butt.

I'm rooting for you there Ben.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

Pump water so you can see what you have.  Make sure it is actually man made.  Once inside an IJA complex there is no more decoy fake walls ( well almost and yes we found a couple of exceptions ).

Pump water, take measurements and lots of good photographs.  I invested in a couple of good digital cameras.  In the long run they are worth every peso I paid for them.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

Forgot to point it out exactly.  YES we have had floating fuel drums in a flooded hard rock tunnel.  They sounded exactly like that and we also wondered then realized it was the steel drums of fuel setting on the stair case we abandon.  That tunnel developed cracks in it, it was beside a river and eventually the roof let go and the river broke in.  That tunnel had 4 trucks inside and a railroad to a steel vault door we never got the chance to cut open.  5 years of wasted life.  1998-2003.

Z