Author Topic: FS : Old US Dollar Coins  (Read 6380 times)

Offline mKgold

• A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.
  • to God be the Glory
Re: FS : Old US Dollar Coins
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
if it is fake then why would the pawnshop tell it's silver..?? and the coins are found abt 12ft below the ground.. 
*8mK8*

Offline mKgold

• to God be the Glory
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 01:14:25 PM »
how or what is your basis saying it is fake? while you haven't seen it in actual.I challenge you to see this in person, before making any "negative" comment. like saying "FAKE". I only use a digital camera in capturing the image, maybe when I use a DLSR camera maybe it would appear better.come let us meet or see each other and asses my coins...
*8mK8*

Offline mKgold

• to God be the Glory
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
just like what sir yamideo said..it has class 1,2,3... whether class 2 or 3...
still you can not say it's fake,, and it depends on the experts... because it is confirmed silver by a pawnshop,that's why I strongly believe it has worth.
PLS. RESPECT THE AD/POST...
*8mK8*

Offline joe

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »
Post the weight of your coin ??? what' the weight ???

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »

Excellent idea Joe. That will definitely end the debate here. If the weight is correct then it's Genuine.
TW

Offline joe

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 05:45:53 PM »

Offline joe

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 05:47:58 PM »
always look @ the STAR ;)

Offline mKgold

• to God be the Glory
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »
why r u interested? are u a buyer?
*8mK8*

Offline yamideo

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_silver_dollar
The 1804 Silver Dollar is an extremely rare United States coin with very limited production in the 1830s and 1860s, long after its face date. As there are only a total of fifteen genuine 1804 Silver Dollars known, it is not too difficult to determine which can be considered to be the finest known.[2] Eight comprise Class I, which were minted in 1834. Two Class I specimens trace their lineage to the King of Siam and the Sultan of Muscat. One comprises Class II and six comprise Class III and were minted sometime between 1858 to 1860. It is alleged[by whom?] both Class II and Class III specimens were made clandestinely by Mint officials. Due to the nature of their rarity, some have been sold for high dollar figures. Replicas and counterfeits exist, some meant to deceive collectors, while others are made to offer a cheap substitute for the real and more expensive coins.

the problem is the star which is really different from the original. If item is a copy and made from silver, then only the silver is valuable. if original made in USA then you are talking millions but if made in china or other countries then its only a few hundred pesos.

Offline joe

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 07:41:09 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_silver_dollar
The 1804 Silver Dollar is an extremely rare United States coin with very limited production in the 1830s and 1860s, long after its face date. As there are only a total of fifteen genuine 1804 Silver Dollars known, it is not too difficult to determine which can be considered to be the finest known.[2] Eight comprise Class I, which were minted in 1834. Two Class I specimens trace their lineage to the King of Siam and the Sultan of Muscat. One comprises Class II and six comprise Class III and were minted sometime between 1858 to 1860. It is alleged[by whom?] both Class II and Class III specimens were made clandestinely by Mint officials. Due to the nature of their rarity,
some have been sold for high dollar figures. Replicas and counterfeits exist, some meant to deceive collectors, while others are made to offer a cheap substitute for the real and more expensive coins.

the problem is the star which is really different from the original. If item is a copy and made from silver, then only the silver is valuable. if original made in USA then you are talking millions but if made in china or other countries then its only a few hundred pesos.

Right! :D