Author Topic: GOLD BARS in the Philippines  (Read 6714 times)

Offline yamideo

GOLD BARS in the Philippines
« on: August 02, 2013, 04:53:48 PM »
I don't know if this is for real or just a movie. I saw it on youtube and wanna share.

Just Click on the Link Below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37CLpx-xGFY

Offline yamideo

Re: GOLD BARS in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:04:23 PM »
Does'nt look right. Cambodia marks are found in the bars but the country then is known as the Khmer Empire.

t_hunter44

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:35:51 AM »
Does'nt look right. Cambodia marks are found in the bars but the country then is known as the Khmer Empire.
     Sorry, I tend to disagree. Click on the Link Below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Rouge

Offline yamideo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »
Nice to hear from you. Been missing in action, disagree on what? Khmer Rouge and Khmer Empire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodia

"Kingdom of Cambodia" redirects here. For the Cold War era, see Kingdom of Cambodia (1953–1970).
Kingdom of Cambodia.

Cambodia (Listeni/kæmˈboʊdiə/;[7] Khmer: ព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា, Kampuchea, IPA: [kɑmˈpuˈciə]), officially known as the Kingdom of Cambodia and once known as the Khmer Empire, is a country located in the southern portion of the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia.

t_hunter44

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 01:17:08 AM »
Nice to hear from you. Been missing in action, disagree on what? Khmer Rouge and Khmer Empire.

"Kingdom of Cambodia" redirects here. For the Cold War era, see Kingdom of Cambodia (1953–1970).
Kingdom of Cambodia.

Cambodia (Listeni/kæmˈboʊdiə/;[7] Khmer: ព្រះរាជាណាចក្រកម្ពុជា, Kampuchea, IPA: [kɑmˈpuˈciə]), officially known as the Kingdom of Cambodia and once known as the Khmer Empire, is a country located in the southern portion of the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia.

Yep, been pretty silent lately as I only post to correct some false information posted here and what you posted is very far from the truth. I guess you did not read the Link so I copied and Posted it here.  Cambodia has always been Cambodia and the Khmer Rouge did not last too long as it was a radical Communist Party and take note of the years that Khmer Rouge Party was in power for they came into being in 1968  and became the ruling party from 1975  to 1979. I recommend you watch the movie , The Killing Fields, pretty awesome and Barbaric. I suggest you go back to the Link I posted previously and read some more as that Link also tells you of the history of Cambodia for the one I copied and Pasted was only a part of it. One has to be careful when posting historical events as it is all available on the internet and make sure your post is true and correct.

Khmer Rouge
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
   This article contains Khmer text. Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of Khmer script.

The Khmer Rouge (/kəˈmɛər ˈruːʒ/; French for "Red Khmers", French pronunciation: ​[xmɛʁ ʁuʒ]; Khmer: ខ្មែរក្រហម Khmer Kraham) was the name given to the followers of the Communist Party of Kampuchea in Cambodia. It was formed in 1968 as an offshoot of the Vietnam People's Army from North Vietnam. It was the ruling party in Cambodia from 1975 to 1979, led by Pol Pot, Nuon Chea, Ieng Sary, Son Sen, and Khieu Samphan. Democratic Kampuchea was the name of the state as controlled by the government of the Khmer Rouge from 1975 to 1979.
Pol Pot, leader of the Khmer Rouge and dictator of Cambodia.

The organization is remembered especially for orchestrating the Cambodian Genocide, which resulted from the enforcement of its social engineering policies.[1] Its attempts at agricultural reform led to widespread famine, while its insistence on absolute self-sufficiency, even in the supply of medicine, led to the death of thousands from treatable diseases such as malaria. Arbitrary executions and torture carried out by its cadres against perceived subversive elements, or during purges of its own ranks between 1975 and 1978, are considered to have constituted genocide.[2] By 1979, the Khmer Rouge had fled the country, while the People's Republic of Kampuchea was being established.[3] The governments-in-exile (including the Khmer Rouge) still had a seat in the UN at this point but it was later taken away, in 1993, as the monarchy was restored and the country underwent a name change to the Kingdom of Cambodia. A year later thousands of Khmer Rouge guerrillas surrendered themselves in a government amnesty. In 1996, a new political party the Democratic National Union Movement was formed by Ieng Sary, who was granted amnesty for all of his roles as the deputy leader of the Khmer Rouge.[4] The organization itself was officially dissolved sometime in December 1999

t_hunter44

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »

Kingdom of Cambodia.

Yep, been pretty silent lately as I only post to correct some false information posted here and what you posted is very far from the truth. I guess you did not read the Link so I copied and Posted it here.  Cambodia has always been Cambodia and the Khmer Rouge did not last too long as it was a radical Communist Party and take note of the years that Khmer Rouge Party was in power for they came into being in 1968  and became the ruling party from 1975  to 1979. I recommend you watch the movie , The Killing Fields, pretty awesome and Barbaric. I suggest you go back to the Link I posted previously and read some more as that Link also tells you of the history of Cambodia for the one I copied and Pasted was only a part of it. One has to be careful when posting historical events as it is all available on the internet and make sure your post is true and correct.

Khmer Rouge
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
   This article contains Khmer text. Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of Khmer script.

The Khmer Rouge (/kəˈmɛər ˈruːʒ/; French for "Red Khmers", French pronunciation: ​[xmɛʁ ʁuʒ]; Khmer: ខ្មែរក្រហម Khmer Kraham) was the name given to the followers of the Communist Party of Kampuchea in Cambodia. It was formed in 1968 as an offshoot of the Vietnam People's Army from North Vietnam. It was the ruling party in Cambodia from 1975 to 1979, led by Pol Pot, Nuon Chea, Ieng Sary, Son Sen, and Khieu Samphan. Democratic Kampuchea was the name of the state as controlled by the government of the Khmer Rouge from 1975 to 1979.
Pol Pot, leader of the Khmer Rouge and dictator of Cambodia.

The organization is remembered especially for orchestrating the Cambodian Genocide, which resulted from the enforcement of its social engineering policies.[1] Its attempts at agricultural reform led to widespread famine, while its insistence on absolute self-sufficiency, even in the supply of medicine, led to the death of thousands from treatable diseases such as malaria. Arbitrary executions and torture carried out by its cadres against perceived subversive elements, or during purges of its own ranks between 1975 and 1978, are considered to have constituted genocide.[2] By 1979, the Khmer Rouge had fled the country, while the People's Republic of Kampuchea was being established.[3] The governments-in-exile (including the Khmer Rouge) still had a seat in the UN at this point but it was later taken away, in 1993, as the monarchy was restored and the country underwent a name change to the Kingdom of Cambodia. A year later thousands of Khmer Rouge guerrillas surrendered themselves in a government amnesty. In 1996, a new political party the Democratic National Union Movement was formed by Ieng Sary, who was granted amnesty for all of his roles as the deputy leader of the Khmer Rouge.[4] The organization itself was officially dissolved sometime in December 1999

Sorry Yamideo, my attention was riveted on your statement about Cambodian Gold Bars, that it was Khmer Empire and should bear Khmer Empire. Khmer Empire was gone way way  back before it became what is now Cambodia and those Gold Bars should have a Cambodian markings. You were talking about Khmer Empire and I was talking about Khmer Rogue Empire which is two different matter. Sorry I was talking out of turn but still Cambodia was in existing when WW11 came about and those AU bars should legally have a Cambodia Mark. Xinh Loi Ong! That is Sorry Mr. in Vietnamese.

Offline yamideo

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 06:58:45 PM »
no problem. that was just my opinion since i am also confuse on the history that i have been reading it says that the khmer empire  existed before the kingdom of cambodia (1953-1970).  You are right some info in the net are not accurate and may even be false. Tnx.

Offline renantiur

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »

its good that now, the argument is settled.   

about the video, some bars, one or two (the gold bar that was drilled and touched), might be true. but i have a suspicion that others in the piles might be fake. however, it is just my guess. i made that guess because i have an acquiantance that swore that he drilled a sample that was really genuine. but there was a switch when he bought it.  he lost a big money because of that transaction. he went home and had a bad thing to say about filipino scammers.  he is a foreigner. and a friend in the internet. we got to know each other because he warned me about a certain filipino, about the danger of dealing with that certain filipino scammer.

or it could that all of them are fake.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
It was from circa 1912 to the 1950's called French Indo China HOWEVER south French Indo China was called Cambodia while North French Indo China was called Tongking.  South West French Indo China and that is the South West coastal area where the banking and trading was done, this is the area that the Cambodia bars came from.  Around the end of 1940 to first of 1941 the pro-Japanese French Vichy Government permitted or allowed the IJA free run of French Indo China.  And free run is exactly what the Japs did, taking everything.  From the south west coastal shipping area the gold was headed back to Japan or into the Philippines as we all know the IJA intended on keeping the Philippines.

Yes the bars are properly marked "" Cambodia "" and I have seen these bars, real ones, so marked.  Quality is about that of the Burma marked bars.  Cambodia bars are normally only marked with a name, no serial number or purity or such.

Z