Author Topic: sinkhole  (Read 4627 times)

Offline kaloy

sinkhole
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:52:45 AM »
soliciting ideas and opinions:

the habagat system that struck the PI the past few weeks created a sinkhole going to the base of our house. at first i thought it was just a rat hole or something but observing it swallowing water for two days straight made me think twice. the hole is as big as a fist. since the 70s this is the first time a sinkhole appeared in that area. soil is compact.

Offline La Asturiana

Re: sinkhole
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 03:01:13 AM »
Sir,

Your area is part of those being recently flooded just this August, in Luzon to be particular?

Offline kaloy

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 03:18:24 AM »
not flooded. just rain water deposited in the surrounding areas. Luzon area.

Offline tamara4king

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »

Obviously, since this is posted under this topic, you are suspecting that there could be some void below your property accounting where all those water
is going to.  If there is a void, then there could be something buried there... like... treasure maybe??? :o

As before, people will be asking you: what is the history of your immediate vicinity, specifically, during WW2?

Offline kaloy

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 06:20:59 AM »
yes there could be a void area underneath where the water goes...

there was a japanese outpost in that place during the war, that according to an old folk, people passing in that area should show proper courtesy  to the Japanese soldiers on duty or else  they do something terrible punishment to the Filipinos who dont show respect to them.

For me, that outpost/checkpoint is just a bluff to create fear to the local folks, and prevent them from passing in that area, the Japanese might had something in that place so they are securing the area.

Offline zeeker

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »
soliciting ideas and opinions:

the habagat system that struck the PI the past few weeks created a sinkhole going to the base of our house. at first i thought it was just a rat hole or something but observing it swallowing water for two days straight made me think twice. the hole is as big as a fist. since the 70s this is the first time a sinkhole appeared in that area. soil is compact.

i think it's improper to call it a sinkhole.
maybe just a small hole.
wrong assumption might lead to useless digging and waste of money and effort.
better investigate further, who knows, your house might be in danger of being engulfed down below  ;)
continue the journey

Offline kaloy

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 03:40:46 AM »
ok, a small hole...
a small hole that can engulf down a house is not small after all..

Offline kaloy

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 03:47:26 AM »
a small hole that continuously drain water for days while the soil surrounding the area is saturated with water suggests that a big void area down below receives water from this small hole.......