Author Topic: financier to be set up for scam?  (Read 1154 times)

Offline open canvas

financier to be set up for scam?
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
A locator and his buddy who I met in another site approached me to become part of their group. The locator relates of the many sites he had identified (gold and other metals and wells fargo and other currencies) and ready for digging. They invited me to be part of the group, to finance the first site, proceeds of which will underwrite the expense for the other sites. I will get 20% for the first site and of the other sites.

Tempting. But details are needed. I wanted to see the site but they advised against it since it is an NPA area. The rebels' protection can be paid for and 60% of the proceeds go to them. So, this is owned by the NPA? Am I going to finance the cause of the rebels? I thought. No way. I pursued since I was really curious to how they do things. Good material for an article. I told them to give me time so I can look for a financier. Everyone I approached told me it is a scam.

Meanwhile, locator and buddy kept getting in touch with me, the locator sweet talking me and the buddy egging me about the money. From what I know and observe of them, they are nice people and respectful. Obviously, they don't have money. In our third meeting, they asked for gasoline money and one of my cellphones. That strengthened my doubt that they are a partnership for scam. They are good actors, indeed.

I looked for a friend who can provide me info on the way NPAs deal with buried treasure. Armed with such info, I threw the questions to the buddy. He was able to correctly identify the site. My friend said that anyone who wants to dig for treasure in an NPA area has to ask permission and protection from the commander. It is also a rule that financing is coursed through a bag man appointed as such to avoid temptation. When I asked who the NPA bag man is for the site, buddy said it is confidential. When I mentioned the names of the bag men for the area he cited, buddy said he is in control since it is his area. hmmmm. So I asked my friend again to inquire who asked permission in the last few months. Since typhoon Pablo, none.

Buddy got in touch with me saying he wanted a meeting the next day, with or without the money. Unfortunately, I was scheduled for a long trip. My friend said they are ready to negotiate since my questions and the names I mentioned were indicators of my supposed link with the NPA.

A source also told me the area cited by buddy is an area where many were able to find treasures and many were scammed. Until now, they have not gotten in touch with me. Another source said he was approached lately by buddy for a buyer of uncut dollars. I will get in touch with them next week to see where this is leading. My friend and I have thought of precautionary moves so they will be cornered. I was clear with my friend I will not fight with these two since I don't know who their links are. I just want to tell them to their face why I will not finance the digging..... Of course, this is subject to their willingness to meet with me again.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: financier to be set up for scam?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:53:02 AM »
Be very careful with those people. They will keep trying to get your money until you either give it or you just break all communication with them. Yes, I also believe they are just trying to SCAM you. DON'T EVER TRUST THEM.
TW

Offline elbigote

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
They are trying to use the rebel group to add some flavors to their scam.

be aware and stay away. period

Offline open canvas

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
they are instilling fear to achieve their evil purpose.

Offline elbigote

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »
they are instilling fear to achieve their evil purpose.

indeed.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 06:05:18 AM »
They are trying to use the rebel group to add some flavors to their scam.

be aware and stay away. period

Send me their names and location in a PM .

Z