Author Topic: MD-3010-2 is this Good?  (Read 2462 times)

Offline scarface

MD-3010-2 is this Good?
« on: June 21, 2014, 12:34:32 AM »
Sirs/Moderators,

I am planning to buy a cheap MD with a brandnew price of 15k. Has anyone tried using it?

Regards,

Scarface
Gold and other shiny things are merely humanoid preference for Beauty and Value, this may be applicable also for aliens but I don't really know and I don't care- scarface

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: MD-3010-2 is this Good?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:40:20 AM »
Sirs/Moderators,

I am planning to buy a cheap MD with a brandnew price of 15k. Has anyone tried using it?

Regards,

Scarface

No I haven't but I'm sure it works great.
TW

Offline scarface

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
thanks TW.
Gold and other shiny things are merely humanoid preference for Beauty and Value, this may be applicable also for aliens but I don't really know and I don't care- scarface

Offline Yojuyo

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:31:19 AM »
The Chinese try to pirate the garret MDs with this MDs, I tried it last year, It wont work on my 22k necklace so I suggest you get the GARRET the 25k something for a start.  You wont be satisfied by this MD, I already sold mine.   
" One FAILURE doens' t matter in the great scheme of life."

Offline scarface

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
The Chinese try to pirate the garret MDs with this MDs, I tried it last year, It wont work on my 22k necklace so I suggest you get the GARRET the 25k something for a start.  You wont be satisfied by this MD, I already sold mine.

Thank you on this one. Let me ask, to what maximum distance is the 25k something effective based on your experience?

Offline wadjidiggers

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 04:06:35 AM »
@ yojuyo: scarface is right don't buy chinese detector. it's better to save a bit and do a lot of research before you buy so that it won't end you up frustrating.There's a lot of information on the net.
I used metal detectors as a hobby and for pastime for about four years now.My first detector is a Garrett ACE 250 then upgraded to Garrett AT Gold Then upgraded again to XP Deus until now it's my main machine for inland.I had also Detectorpro Headhunter pulse for the beach and a Discovery TF-900 for cache hunting but I lift it back home in the Philippines setting at the closet cause I can't use it here because of the strict laws here in Ireland.
Based on my experience hobby detectors will detect a coin size metal object up to 10 to 16 inches
depending on the type of soil in your area.But on a soda can size metal object it will detect up to 2 to 3 ft. and maybe deeper on bigger metal object.But again it depends upon the type of soil in your area.
Hope it will help.

Offline wadjidiggers

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 04:09:02 AM »
Sorry I'm referring this post to yojuyo not scarface.
Thanks

Offline wadjidiggers

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 04:10:04 AM »
Sorry I'm referring this post to scarface not yojuyo.
Thanks

Offline Yojuyo

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »

Thank you on this one. Let me ask, to what maximum distance is the 25k something effective based on your experience?

Backyard testing 12g 22 k gold, it detects good at normal mode at 2ft...... 

Offline wadjidiggers

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »
Based on my experience hobby detectors will detect a coin size metal object up to 10 to 16 inches
depending on the type of soil in your area.But on a soda can size metal object it will detect up to 2 to 3 ft. and maybe deeper on bigger metal object.But again it depends upon the type of soil in your area.
Usually they all detect closer to what I mentioned above except for a two box detectors that would detect for about 4 to 15 ft depending of the size of your target but it won't detect a smaller target like a single coin except if it's in volume like a can full of coins or jewellery.
 My advise is before you buy any type of detector just consider to where are you going to use it or what are you looking for so that it won't end you up frustrating having a machine that is not up for the task. Hope that would help.

Offline Yojuyo

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »
bench test 75 cm normal detection but I can squeeze it to 80 - 90 base on splats but constant freq detection....  Well that is just my actual testing on my detector....  AndI'm happy on sharing it.  ;D 8)

Offline wadjidiggers

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 02:28:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing.