Author Topic: My Observations..  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Janner

My Observations..
« on: June 21, 2014, 09:19:10 PM »
having browsed through the various threads, it looks like members are posting "anywhere". Like "Treasure Found"..a coffee jar or something which is Not treasure !!

Then so many people chatting and not researching, they think research takes 10 minutes, hah. it can take years, that's why they cannot take "Negative" opinions or comments, they always want "positive to validate their finds.

You ask for comments or help from the experienced guys here, and when you get it, you moan as it isnt to your liking, well we dont have to reply you know......

thats why i firmly believe that no one here will find anything......sorry but thats a fact

no doubt i will get many moans n groans about this.... ::)

more later... ;)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: My Observations..
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
having browsed through the various threads, it looks like members are posting "anywhere". Like "Treasure Found"..a coffee jar or something which is Not treasure !!

Then so many people chatting and not researching, they think research takes 10 minutes, hah. it can take years, that's why they cannot take "Negative" opinions or comments, they always want "positive to validate their finds.

You ask for comments or help from the experienced guys here, and when you get it, you moan as it isnt to your liking, well we dont have to reply you know......

thats why i firmly believe that no one here will find anything......sorry but thats a fact

more later... ;)

Actually, regarding posting stuff anywhere - you are correct about that. People please take note. Janner is absolutely correct. Try to post in the appropriate thread so what you post makes sense and is easier to find and in the correct place.

I also do agree with your second comment. It's not easy to go out and find treasure but doing some serious CSI will increase your chances so people take note of that also!

Thank you, Janner, for being very realistic with your opinions here.

TW

Offline Yojuyo

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »

more later... ;)

Hmmmmmn I don't want to argue but I am hoping that you are 100% correct.... Or shall I say 99%  8) ;D 
" One FAILURE doens' t matter in the great scheme of life."

Offline Janner

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
know.....
Hmmmmmn I don't want to argue but I am hoping that you are 100% correct.... Or shall I say 99%  8) ;D

why would you want to argue  ??? cant you accept facts as they are shown. ?

Offline luisvl

• Let me know if you're from Negros Oriental
    • Yamashita Treasure - The Hunt is Still On!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »
:-)

Sir Janner, how did you start being in the world of Treasure Hunting?

And how long have been doing it?

Are you working for a company or institution or do you do your operations yourself?

I am asking these questions as a newbie of this thing and please don't get me wrong.. and please don't be too stingy with your answers.

Kind regards,

Luis L.
<marquee>homemade</marquee>

Offline Janner

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
:-)

Sir Janner, how did you start being in the world of Treasure Hunting?

And how long have been doing it?

Are you working for a company or institution or do you do your operations yourself?

I am asking these questions as a newbie of this thing and please don't get me wrong.. and please don't be too stingy with your answers.

Kind regards,

Luis L.

started out on beaches looking for lost jewelry or money, then to fair grounds after they had gone for the same items
how long..? maybe 45 yrs or more, and thats worldwide too.
nope, operate on my own with a very carefully and trusted team.
so, been around a bit.
but i can honestly say, of the 100% i investigated, about 2% were productive. Big odds eh?
so anygood?

Offline luisvl

• Let me know if you're from Negros Oriental
    • Yamashita Treasure - The Hunt is Still On!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 08:55:37 PM »
Wow!

Being said 100% investigated and 2 productive is oddly less than 1% of the finds but yeah it's a lot lot lot lot better than majority of the hunters including me.

Wow.. I think I wouldn't be doing it for that long (45 years or so) but hey what are the chances in the future.

Sir Janner, I know that you are not fond of digging, but do you know by average for known successful recoveries for the average depth? They say between 10 to 32 feet. I'd like to know to somehow prepare myself if ever. There are tunnels in our place but it was sealed off by the Government in the shortly after the war when someone literally blew up in to pieces so I guess I'll take a pass this time but again I think I can get into those tunnels in the future as I am planning to become a politician. ;-)

Guess it's time for me to get a metal detector and find some relics in our place. Many people are finding bullets (unfired), mortar shells, buttons, etc so I think I do better with the detector.

Thanks for answering and your time sir!

- Luis
<marquee>homemade</marquee>

Offline Goldenwarrior72

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 05:41:50 AM »
That would mean you've found 1 site in every 50 sites, to be productive. I'll take those odds. I should be about there too now.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »
Good luck!
TW

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 12:15:29 AM »
Yeah and Good Luck to all of us...
"Keep on Reading and You'll keep on Learning."