Author Topic: Golden Bowl??  (Read 785 times)

Offline DAWN

Golden Bowl??
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
Any opinion about this golden bowl we have on have?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: Golden Bowl??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:40:35 AM »
Golden? Are you sure? It looks more like brass or bronze material.
TW

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 05:42:08 AM »
TW

Brass.  If it was gold, it would take a winch or several men to pick it up.  Even solid brass would be VERY heavy.  Two weeks ago, in PH, someone handed me a fake 12.5 bar.  They handed it to me single handed.  Think about it.  28 pounds of gold in the palm of their hand and they hand it to me, single handed and flat palm'ed.  So I smiled at them, walked over to the back bumper of a dump truck and smacked the corner of the bar on the heavy steel bumper.  Must be very special gold, the smacked corner was dull grey.  Handed it back to them.  These guys were sick, they had paid $30,000 USD for the bar.  So it goes.

Z

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
TW

Brass.  If it was gold, it would take a winch or several men to pick it up.  Even solid brass would be VERY heavy.  Two weeks ago, in PH, someone handed me a fake 12.5 bar.  They handed it to me single handed.  Think about it.  28 pounds of gold in the palm of their hand and they hand it to me, single handed and flat palm'ed.  So I smiled at them, walked over to the back bumper of a dump truck and smacked the corner of the bar on the heavy steel bumper.  Must be very special gold, the smacked corner was dull grey.  Handed it back to them.  These guys were sick, they had paid $30,000 USD for the bar.  So it goes.

Z

Wow.. what a rip off!
TW