Author Topic: This is real Antique or not!  (Read 5347 times)

Offline franke

This is real Antique or not!
« on: November 21, 2014, 08:59:20 PM »
Have found 2 bowls came from the old stocks of my in laws, I was using pendulum to locate and what amazed me is the reaction of the pendulum when I was able to locate the items. I went to a local antique shop who said stocking of old plates and bowl and I brought my pendulum to the area, but my pendulum is no reaction and what I had noticed from displays I think more or less 5yrs. the same stocks they displayed.

For bowl (1) 390 grams weight, 42cm dimensions, 6cm depth, 18cm width, 8cm height and 0.4cm thickness.
for bowl (2) 475gms weight, 42cm dimensions, 6cm depth, 18cm width, 8cm height and 0.5cm thickness.

Any idea or how to check the value and where this item created.

Thanks.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: This is real Antique or not!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:06:16 AM »
Have found 2 bowls came from the old stocks of my in laws, I was using pendulum to locate and what amazed me is the reaction of the pendulum when I was able to locate the items. I went to a local antique shop who said stocking of old plates and bowl and I brought my pendulum to the area, but my pendulum is no reaction and what I had noticed from displays I think more or less 5yrs. the same stocks they displayed.

For bowl (1) 390 grams weight, 42cm dimensions, 6cm depth, 18cm width, 8cm height and 0.4cm thickness.
for bowl (2) 475gms weight, 42cm dimensions, 6cm depth, 18cm width, 8cm height and 0.5cm thickness.

Any idea or how to check the value and where this item created.

Thanks.

That's amazing if you were able to find those using your pendulum.

Regarding the values... perhaps you should post some photos here so we can give our opinions.
TW

Offline franke

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
Ok sir,

I will post the pic later once I am able to take a picture.

Offline franke

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:14:03 AM »
Sir,

Please take a look of the attached pic. and I will appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
Hard to tell. The old China porcelain has the makers 'watermark' stamped on the bottom. You didn't even show the bottom of those bowls here.
TW

Offline franke

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 07:44:57 PM »
Ok sir,

I will post later the bottom part of the bowl, what confused me is the reaction of my pendulum
because, I was able to visit a store whose selling of different bowls and plates with same markings at the back but
my pendulum is no reaction.

Offline aim777

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 06:52:40 AM »
I collected Chinese antiques such as celadon, blue and white, before. I think these two bowls are not really antiques though....

Offline fom1113

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 09:50:05 PM »
This is a true antique although ink is still there. That chinaware looks like new.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!