Author Topic: CURTISS P-40 WARHAWK PARTS - US WWII FIGHTER PLANE  (Read 6815 times)

Offline Panner

• As Above, So Below
CURTISS P-40 WARHAWK PARTS - US WWII FIGHTER PLANE
« on: October 29, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
Evening All, In our possession, more than 10 recovered so far out of a backfilled room, brand new still in brass cases, serial No. 89301-3 appearing to be the propeller shafts of the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk.

-- http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/P-40/P-40.html --

We've also found scattered bullets on the flooring.. Photos will be coming soon when i get my camera back.

What i'd be most interested to know, is this more likely to be just an artillery bunker or will it lead to something more?

Also what are US fighter plane parts doing buried in central visayas????

P
PERDURABO

Offline Panner

• As Above, So Below
Re: CURTISS P-40 WARHAWK PARTS - US WWII FIGHTER PLANE
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:03:42 AM »
after doing some more research we now know The IJA captured and operated P-40s in Burma. The Japanese appear to have had as many as 10 flyable P-40Es..
PERDURABO

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:00:25 PM »
Evening All, In our possession, more than 10 recovered so far out of a backfilled room, brand new still in brass cases, serial No. 89301-3 appearing to be the propeller shafts of the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk.

We've also found scattered bullets on the flooring.. Photos will be coming soon when i get my camera back.

What i'd be most interested to know, is this more likely to be just an artillery bunker or will it lead to something more?

P

P40's were used in the Philippines up to early 1942.  They were scattered about just before and just after December 8th 1941.  Spare parts were scattered about in various hide out places as was a lot of other war materials, as the US forces retreated.

This year we ran into a Jap aircraft bunker.  The biggest score of My Life, so far, that has TWO Zero's in it and they are in respectable condition, a dry tunnel.  BUT the real dog and cat fight is now starting where I am trying to get legal ownership or at least extended possession of them from Japan.  Other wise I have to let Manila take them and those A-Holes never contributed a peso to this project.  I will let them set for another 70 years before Manila walks away with them.  But they are awesome.  No pictures just yet, it would be more trouble for me.  There is also a Corsair shoved in a tunnel on Luzon and that was put there AFTER Luzon was retaken.  So why did the USG hide an armed Corsair in a tunnel and then seal it off in 1944 - 1945 or later ?????????  ???????

BTW I am always looking for aircraft and or wrecks.  Hint hint.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 11:03:11 PM »

P

At least 1-2 P-40's were flown to the DelMonte area when the Japs invaded.  To try and hide them there.

Z

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 08:01:58 AM »
Zobex,
That is awesome. I'd love to see pictures of those. Hey.. finders keepers losers wheepers! Sounds like they should belong to you now!
TW

P

P40's were used in the Philippines up to early 1942.  They were scattered about just before and just after December 8th 1941.  Spare parts were scattered about in various hide out places as was a lot of other war materials, as the US forces retreated.

This year we ran into a Jap aircraft bunker.  The biggest score of My Life, so far, that has TWO Zero's in it and they are in respectable condition, a dry tunnel.  BUT the real dog and cat fight is now starting where I am trying to get legal ownership or at least extended possession of them from Japan.  Other wise I have to let Manila take them and those A-Holes never contributed a peso to this project.  I will let them set for another 70 years before Manila walks away with them.  But they are awesome.  No pictures just yet, it would be more trouble for me.  There is also a Corsair shoved in a tunnel on Luzon and that was put there AFTER Luzon was retaken.  So why did the USG hide an armed Corsair in a tunnel and then seal it off in 1944 - 1945 or later ?????????  ???????

BTW I am always looking for aircraft and or wrecks.  Hint hint.

Z

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 08:05:23 AM »
Can you post some pictures of those parts?
TW

P

Offline Panner

• As Above, So Below
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 07:36:16 PM »
Z, for that to have been a big score it must have had a lot more than the two zeros, right ???

TW, I will try and get something soon, the parts still need to be taken out the hole.

What do you guys think of this i found today in an old cave, a limestone island in the middle of some open fields, military choppers landed here a year ago using some detector and told someone there is a big deposit under this limestone clump.

P
PERDURABO

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »
I think you found Jimmy Hoffa's Urn!  ;)
TW

Offline Panner

• As Above, So Below
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 08:44:32 PM »
haha, that would be one way to make a name for myself TW ;D ;D
PERDURABO

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 10:25:32 AM »