Author Topic: Where to purchase mercury for gold mining?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Yojuyo

Where to purchase mercury for gold mining?
« on: June 14, 2016, 05:20:04 AM »
A friend of mine have hectars of land in Sipalsay Negros Occidental, thier were already small scale mining operations in neigbohring land.  My friend wants to start his own small team of mining but as starters they dont have any idea where to purchase liquid mercury for mining.  We try internet but it seems is not being sale openly. 
" One FAILURE doens' t matter in the great scheme of life."

Offline ZOBEX

Re: Where to purchase mercury for gold mining?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »
A friend of mine have hectars of land in Sipalsay Negros Occidental, thier were already small scale mining operations in neigbohring land.  My friend wants to start his own small team of mining but as starters they dont have any idea where to purchase liquid mercury for mining.  We try internet but it seems is not being sale openly.

In recent years mercury has become very regulated in sales, transport and possession.  As I understand it, no longer being imported into Philippines without a lot of documentation.  Only sources is remaining stock pile and smuggling in from China.  Some 7 years ago I sold 170 pounds of mercury we found in a Japanese bunker, to the miners in Tagum.  If looking for mercury, go the small mining areas and buy small quantities to add up.  The price will be high.  Learn how to recycle what you have, to clean it and recover from your projects.  Don't poison the islands any more than you have to.  Mercury works well in gold recovery but is very toxic if you don't know how to handle it or have experience in using it.  I remember using it back as early when I was 11 years old.  Wonder now how we did not kill ourselves.

Z

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
Bro.. no one is using mercury anymore. The unprocessed dirt is run through a slurry and the gold is heavier so is caught in the slurry mats. Then the mats are cleaned up and the gold is caught there.

I do have an associate who wants to buy gold from any small or large scale gold mining operations so spread the word and keep that in mind also.

TW

Offline Yojuyo

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:31:50 PM »
 Thank you very much for the inputs Sires, it really helps.  Im looking fwd to build a homemade slury gold extractor.  Mercury on ballmills was the first thing on oour minds.  We will do what will be available to start.  Hopefully we can sell some au soon, im hoping thier would be bars also.
" One FAILURE doens' t matter in the great scheme of life."