Author Topic: strange find  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Garrett

• be patient and trust the process
strange find
« on: December 24, 2017, 05:57:08 PM »
hello to all members I'm new here so if you can help? I have attached a pic of what I found about 1 meter under ground in Cebu, I'm just a little confused regarding the 2 different rocks and shapes, I've covered the hole underneath these rocks so nothing falls in and I used my metal detector in the discrimination mode to just gold and its reading high around 90, can someone lighten my curiosity please?

kilonova3

Re: strange find
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 07:05:11 AM »
What do you mean "two different rock shapes"? I see abunch of rocks there and nothing that sticks out as any kind of marker. The two layers seem different and could potentially indicate a burial but it could also be natural.

What metal detector are you using? Is that the Nokta Goldenking? Dont get too excited about the reading just yet. You may have something and you may not. I dug up a lot of junk with my Makro Jeohunter because it kept telling me rusted steel was gold and "100% valuable".

What made you start digging there in the first place?

Offline Garrett

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 07:41:37 AM »
thanks kilonova I meant the two different colors as when we were digging the dark color rock was very hard to break and as we broke it underneath the dirt/soil was very loose. I'm using a garrett 400 so when I put the detector under the dark color rock it sent a high reading in discrimination mode just on gold,
There are no pipes cables or structure there it's on the hills in Cebu knowing the locals and married to a philipina makes it easier. We have 2 sites and one is guaranteed of a find. As my wifes grand mother has been in that mountain all her life, she knows there was a Japanese camp site there on the mountain hill as we own property there so no problems with digging in private.
I will keep you posted with pics and videos and hopefully some loot.

Cheers

kilonova3

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 03:21:42 PM »
Sounds promising :). I wish you SUCCESS! be safe friend.

Offline Garrett

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 03:25:46 PM »
Thanks for your support and all the information from other members it’s a real help all the best for 2018 TH’s
Cheers

Offline Voyager

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 09:46:09 PM »
"Success belongs to the persevering." 

Voyager

kilonova3

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:46 PM »
Thats a good quote Voyager. Heres another...

“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”

-Napoleon Hill

Offline zeeker

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:24 AM »
my suggestion, try detecting the site several times at different times in a day.
tabulate and compare your findings if they are consistent.
continue the journey

Offline Garrett

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 03:54:54 PM »
thanks for the reply zeeker, just another question, my diggers found this shell at about 2 meters down which there was a rock sitting on top of it, because when they broke the rock that's when it appeared, and there was no dirt or other stuff inside it they really believe it was put there by someone, they found it standing up as it shows in the pic, could you input your suggestions please.

all the best TH

Offline Garrett

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 04:37:17 PM »
Pardon me I meant shell was found at 3 meters deep

Cheers

Offline Voyager

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 08:06:08 PM »
the code book says you have to dig down but I have not personally proven it.  I encountered that same sign before but did not dig down because of the potential sea water nearby.  It is entirely up to you. But shell, especially standing up is a sure sign.

Voyager

Offline Garrett

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 10:50:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply voyager we are a long away from the sea where up on a mountain or hill so it’s why I’m curious, also the diggers felt there hairs standing up like a cold feeling when they found the shell, would that be some kind of spirits or just excitement?

Cheers

Offline zeeker

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2018, 12:51:14 AM »
thanks for the reply zeeker, just another question, my diggers found this shell at about 2 meters down which there was a rock sitting on top of it, because when they broke the rock that's when it appeared, and there was no dirt or other stuff inside it they really believe it was put there by someone, they found it standing up as it shows in the pic, could you input your suggestions please.

all the best TH

i have not encountered things like yours, so i have no suggestion. we have many members here who are more knowledgeable, i hope they could help :)
continue the journey

Offline Garrett

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2018, 01:02:09 AM »
has anyone used a GoldenEye detector before or have any comments?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 08:01:21 AM »
I'm using a Garrett GTI 2500 and it's awesome.
TW

has anyone used a GoldenEye detector before or have any comments?