Author Topic: New Details on Discovery of San Jose Shipwreck  (Read 15852 times)

Offline ZOBEX

Re: New Details on Discovery of San Jose Shipwreck
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 11:53:32 PM »
I never heard of the present admin taking gold or loot from any local THunters.

I've heard stories from credible sources about current admin making use of the DDS to enforce his will over Thunting activities when he was mayor of Davao. Whether or not he has continued such behavior as president I have no idea. Wouldn't put it past him, frankly.

Mindanao, Panay, Negros, Camiguin Island ( mayor was murdered over the deposit on top of the old volcano ) Luzon, Bohol.  My friends opened one bunker 2 years ago, north of gensan and the body guard goons showed up in a couple of days, pronounced it property and took the site and contents.  You want pictures ? ?

Another good reason I no longer go back to PH.  Why work for nothing.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 12:02:19 AM »
I never heard of the present admin taking gold or loot from any local THunters.

I've heard stories from credible sources about current admin making use of the DDS to enforce his will over Thunting activities when he was mayor of Davao. Whether or not he has continued such behavior as president I have no idea. Wouldn't put it past him, frankly.

Mindanao, Panay, Negros, Camiguin Island ( mayor was murdered over the deposit on top of the old volcano ) Luzon, Bohol.  My friends opened one bunker 2 years ago, north of gensan and the body guard goons showed up in a couple of days, pronounced it property and took the site and contents.  You want pictures ? ?

Another good reason I no longer go back to PH.  Why work for nothing.

There are or were TWO deposits of gold on Camiguin.  We located them about 5 years ago.  One big one on top of the dead volcano top and one on the shore next to the road.  The local Mayor was looking for it but did not know the locations.  He was murdered and a new supportive mayor was installed.  The current government found them about 2 years ago.  I do not know if it has been removed yet.  The Japanese joint ventured with the new government and used drones especially brought to the PH to track treasure.  We had used an old man dowser to find them.  Makes no difference now, only a crazy man would go there now.  No point in getting killed for zip.

enochsea7

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 12:09:09 AM »
You want pictures ? ?

If you're serious about having photos of something like that, I'd love to have them. It can be a real challenge to convince Filipinos that what you're saying is true. Its such headache when people involved with the operation don't understand the importance of keeping things secret until its too late... Photos would be priceless

Offline : Michael-Robert: Embry.

• Golden Lily Treasure, Yamashita Treasure, Kin no yuri
  • Historical Recovery SpeNothingt.
Re: New Details on Discovery of San Jose Shipwreck worth 17 Billion $$'s
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 07:32:33 PM »
UPDATE:

On June 8th, 1708, a Spanish galleon called the San José sank to the bottom of the ocean. It carried some 600 sailors and a haul that, in today's dollars, would be worth up to $17 billion dollars

https://www.theinertia.com/news/shipwreck-with-up-to-17-billion-worth-of-treasure-aboard-discovered-off-columbian-coastline/
There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.

A living soul, Sui Juris, Jus Soli
Without Prejudice, Without Recourse
All rights retained.

Notice to agents is notice to principal, Notice to principal is notice to agents.

UCC 1-308 & 1-103.

Offline Voyager

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 04:08:46 AM »
I am living in one of the places you mentioned but have not heard of the  president taking over a site from a local hunter.  Things like that spreads fast.  Fact is, there were many land-owners who went to Davao asking for the president's help in recovering treasures from their land,  offering a substantial share.  They were all ignored. 

V

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 09:37:28 AM »
That's amazing! Thanks, Mike.

So now I'm waiting for Spain to start complaining that it all belongs to THEM!

TW

UPDATE:

On June 8th, 1708, a Spanish galleon called the San José sank to the bottom of the ocean. It carried some 600 sailors and a haul that, in today's dollars, would be worth up to $17 billion dollars

https://www.theinertia.com/news/shipwreck-with-up-to-17-billion-worth-of-treasure-aboard-discovered-off-columbian-coastline/

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 01:47:33 PM »
How did the Spanish military, King of Spain, Government of Spain acquire all of this wealth from the distant lands to put on their combat ships ? ?

Z

That's amazing! Thanks, Mike.

So now I'm waiting for Spain to start complaining that it all belongs to THEM!

TW

UPDATE:

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »
Wow, those cannon are MINT condition at that depth of water.  All we ever found was seriously decomposed stuff.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
I am living in one of the places you mentioned but have not heard of the  president taking over a site from a local hunter.  Things like that spreads fast.  Fact is, there were many land-owners who went to Davao asking for the president's help in recovering treasures from their land,  offering a substantial share.  They were all ignored. 

V

One of my PH partners for over 20 years dove on a wreck not a great distance off of Davao City, pulled up two gold plates.  Beautiful, who guess was waiting on the shore watching everyone.  Yup.  Took the gold plates and walked away.  Saying not to dive there again.  There was more, gold bars but these were or are more like a rod than a bar.  Very crude cast like it was pored into a sand mold.  I know Spanish did this and this was most likely Spanish items.  That bar was not taken away but the other gold to the last of my knowledge or about 2 years now back was still there.  120-125 deep.  Also some cannon but I am suspect those were iron.  I did not dive on it as both of my ears are now ruptured from an errant hand grenade event on Mindanao.  And, one of the divers did not use blended air and too small of tank cfm, so he died of the result mistake after coming back up.

TH is not a game but a serious business.  I had that argument with some USG people this week.  Yea they have a lot of experience in other things but TH is a completely different bird.  It operates on the supernatural level.  Believe or don't believe, it's up to you.

enochsea7

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 06:27:59 PM »

V

It does seem like word that this happened would spread like wild fire. But not if people's lives were threatened. I think everyone involved with something like that would probably keep silent. I've spoken to many Filipinos about him. Not all are truly supporters. Many are just so terrified of speaking out against him that they would never openly express their disapproval. They know he's a murdering gangster and they know he's a very powerful murdering gangster.

As far as the treasure hunters being ignored... During his time in the public eye, he has always attempted to convince people that the story of Yamashita's treasure is nothing more than a "tall tale". He doesn't need to answer the call of every Filipino who is wishfully thinking there is treasure on their land. That would be a massive waste of time and resources for anybody. And if he did so, he would also be confirming that the treasure is actually real and worth pursuing. He doesn't want ANYONE else pursuing the treasure.

As always, this is probably falling on deaf ears. So I'll just let the conversation return to the original topic

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
Those are Bronze cannons. Not sure of the depth but must be quite deep because no marine growth on them. The Iron cannons are the ones that deteriorate so quickly. That's why bronze cannons were much preferred because they could remain in service for much longer without the worry of them exploding during firing.
TW

Wow, those cannon are MINT condition at that depth of water.  All we ever found was seriously decomposed stuff.

Z

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 04:39:22 PM »
Now that sounds like a nice wreck but at a depth of 120 - 125 feet deep is too shallow so very susceptible to looting! At that depth our normal are (80% Nitrogen and 20% Oxygen) is quite OK to breath. At 333 feet breathing this same 80/20 mixture turns to POISON because the Oxygen percentage of 20% turns to Poison due to the pressure at that depth.
TW

V

One of my PH partners for over 20 years dove on a wreck not a great distance off of Davao City, pulled up two gold plates.  Beautiful, who guess was waiting on the shore watching everyone.  Yup.  Took the gold plates and walked away.  Saying not to dive there again.  There was more, gold bars but these were or are more like a rod than a bar.  Very crude cast like it was pored into a sand mold.  I know Spanish did this and this was most likely Spanish items.  That bar was not taken away but the other gold to the last of my knowledge or about 2 years now back was still there.  120-125 deep.  Also some cannon but I am suspect those were iron.  I did not dive on it as both of my ears are now ruptured from an errant hand grenade event on Mindanao.  And, one of the divers did not use blended air and too small of tank cfm, so he died of the result mistake after coming back up.

TH is not a game but a serious business.  I had that argument with some USG people this week.  Yea they have a lot of experience in other things but TH is a completely different bird.  It operates on the supernatural level.  Believe or don't believe, it's up to you.

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 05:18:10 PM »
Dan,

Tell us more about your conversation with the USG people.

"I had that argument with some USG people this week."
There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.

All rights retained.

Notice to agents is notice to principal, Notice to principal is notice to agents.

UCC 1-308 & 1-103.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 01:40:00 PM »
I never heard of the present admin taking gold or loot from any local THunters.  Fact is hunters here today fared better than with the previous admin whose local political allies wanted to lord in over when it comes to Thunting. 

V

What ever, just someone I an not going to get into a fight with.

https://www.rt.com/news/428589-duterte-un-human-rights-expert/

All rights retained.

UCC 1-308 & 1-103.