Author Topic: Philippines Worst Place to be in Asia During COVID-19 Pandemic  (Read 16867 times)

Caches

"...these countries are likely to face "quite negative dynamics" in the coming weeks, lamenting the "inefficiency of government management" in the Philippines in particular."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/South-Korea-and-China-earn-high-marks-in-pandemic-safety-ranking

Caches

Re: Philippines Worst Place to be in Asia During COVID-19 Pandemic
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 07:13:48 AM »
https://philnews.ph/2020/04/15/barangay-captain-died-after-godson-runs-amuck-severely-stab-him/

Stories like this could become very common in the coming weeks. Stock up as much as possible.

Caches

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »
Yes... this is very sad. I was just talking to my Asawa about this yesterday and was telling her that I believe the COVID-19 desease in the Philippines is going to very, very bad. Especially like big cities like Manila. Mainly because of the close proximity of millions of people and also the lack of testing kits and also because the hospitals there will be totally overwhelmed and can't cope (even here in the US the hospitals are totally overwhelmed and can't cope but there will be even worse).

Regarding FOOD.. OMG.. I already know many people there who are stuck on lockdown so can't even go out and earn money so they are basically STARVING now! So bad.

TW

Caches

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 08:13:12 PM »
Yes... this is very sad. I was just talking to my Asawa about this yesterday and was telling her that I believe the COVID-19 desease in the Philippines is going to very, very bad. Especially like big cities like Manila. Mainly because of the close proximity of millions of people and also the lack of testing kits and also because the hospitals there will be totally overwhelmed and can't cope (even here in the US the hospitals are totally overwhelmed and can't cope but there will be even worse).

Regarding FOOD.. OMG.. I already know many people there who are stuck on lockdown so can't even go out and earn money so they are basically STARVING now! So bad.

TW

To me its amazing that things haven't already got out of hand. Some Filipinos I know were given nothing but seeds to grow vegetables, a 4 kilo sack of bottom quality rice and badly dented cans of sardines which had already expired. This is a very large family with many kids. They are having a really hard time. Can you imagine if that were the case in the US? Civil war would already be underway. We'd be eating each other like zombies, lol. The simple fact that perhaps millions of people are starving and the place isn't in total chaos says a lot of good things about Filipinos if you ask me.

Caches

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 12:49:13 AM »
Let's hope this ends soon. Filipinos have a hard enough time as it is. So much gold here. Natural and refined. And the gov can't even feed the people. What a shame.

Caches

Caches

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 05:14:52 AM »
Hey just curious guys... How is everyone doing out there? I mean the Filipinos that use this forum. Are you guys able to stay fed these days? Do you depend on your barangay to deliver foods? What would you do if the government ran out of funds to help you? I ask because that looks like a real possibility unless this pandemic gets under control very soon. What about the other people you know? There's a lot of fear and suffering in my neck of the woods. Especially the people who have little babies. This is really looking like the beginning of an "end times" scenario. When you watch the movies about global catastrophes of this scale, a lot of times you see people start forming groups and going after the resources of others by whatever means necessary just to survive. Robbing, killing, anything goes just to get a bite to eat. As Filipinos, do you see this as a possible outcome here in the Philippines? Or would people just become more tight-knit and work together in peace to survive? Very interested to hear your prediction.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 02:10:13 AM »
The PH is one of the best places to be if you are a drug snorting, drunk, bisexual, goon.  An FYI for the poor Filipinos stuck living in the PH.  So you get a few kilos of floor sweeping rice, a rusty can of expired sardines and a bullet in the back if you go out side your house and God forbid smoke a cigarette ( smuggled in from China naturally ).  Gee if you were ugh er President Marcos then it would have been expected that - - - - .

September 2019 the Japanese Government Recovery Team signed a confidential agreement to provide to President Marcos ( that is the correct name is it not ) a detailed database with maps and GPS fix of 20 Golden Lilly sites.  Where in the Japanese and President Marcos split the recoveries on a 50/50 basis.  The gold is taken to Japan, re-smelted and used to underwrite a new currency form, a global currency, naturally Japan and President Marcos are 50/50 in this.  In October 2019 the Japanese started digging a very deep vertical pit deposit in QC.  This pit is 20,000 metric tons.  A true Golden Lilly deposit.  Again this gold is shipped to Japan to be so it is stipulated, reprocessed to monetize a New Currency ( perhaps the gold backed digital currency , not specified in the contract what kind of currency ) but again President Marcos gets a 50/50 on this September 2019 contract.  Now is it not curious how this so called fake virus starts to spread in October 2019, in October 2019 President Trump discusses with Israel the ramifications of a global pandemic, that the massive roll out of 5G communications is built globally, that the earliest reports of this virus appear in USA in November 2019, same in China.  That Bill Gates and friends are doing their computer modeling of a global pandemic  - -- - - .

Odd how a lot of this all starts in October 2019.  I guess it is quite fortunate that President Marcos has a shoot to kill orders to all his goons should anyone get upity about this, no one can travel, no one can get out and watch. 

Another good reason foreigners should stay away from the PH.  Advise I find very good.

Caches

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 03:15:56 AM »
Another good reason foreigners should stay away from the PH.  Advise I find very good.

Easy advice to follow for hitters such as yourself. For wannabes like me the lure of glimmering gold and gemstones is just too irresistible. The embassy called me again today offering sweeper flight out of here. Perhaps the last chance I'll have to escape. But I had to pass. Maybe it was the worse decision I'll ever make... or, just maybe, it is the BEST decision I'll ever make. This year could be the year. Ya never know. ;)

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 02:14:45 PM »
Filipinos are like Russians.  They can take a lot of crap because that has been their unfortunate life style.  Like to see some westerners live there for a while.  Get tough or die.  Yet Filipinos do like Russians, they laugh, drink and go on.  My hat is off to them both.

No meat, we've gone down to the river and beat the grass with a stick, scare up a snake.  Snake tastes good.

Z

TW

To me its amazing that things haven't already got out of hand. Some Filipinos I know were given nothing but seeds to grow vegetables, a 4 kilo sack of bottom quality rice and badly dented cans of sardines which had already expired. This is a very large family with many kids. They are having a really hard time. Can you imagine if that were the case in the US? Civil war would already be underway. We'd be eating each other like zombies, lol. The simple fact that perhaps millions of people are starving and the place isn't in total chaos says a lot of good things about Filipinos if you ask me.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 02:17:45 PM »
Two years ago I got bit by a cobra when crossing into a river.  Managed to drive myself into town.  Was sick but not that bad.  OO-RAH !

Z

Filipinos are like Russians.  They can take a lot of crap because that has been their unfortunate life style.  Like to see some westerners live there for a while.  Get tough or die.  Yet Filipinos do like Russians, they laugh, drink and go on.  My hat is off to them both.

No meat, we've gone down to the river and beat the grass with a stick, scare up a snake.  Snake tastes good.

Z

TW

Caches

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 06:25:59 PM »
Filipinos are like Russians.  They can take a lot of crap because that has been their unfortunate life style.

Yes! They are so much like Russians. You can see that in how they are so eternally in love with Duterte. The guy just blatantly took down the biggest news broadcaster in the Philippines because he felt they were too critical of him and I guarantee you he will maintain a 90% approval rating. He may even gain a few points. Filipinos are willing to forgive and forget literally anything he does. The same thing with the Russians. The Russians will love Putin to the end, no matter how blatantly corrupt he is, because he's the strong leader they feel they need to conquer all the demons in their fallen society. Both groups would willing to crown their leader King if given the chance.

When in Rome... as if we had a choice ;)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »
Zobex

"September 2019 the Japanese Government Recovery Team signed a confidential agreement to provide to President Marcos"... September 2019? President Marcos?? Huh? How could they sign an agreement with a guy who has been dead for over 20 years? I'm stumped on that one.

TW

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 03:06:30 PM »
OH Gee Tony, that would mean the president that signed that agreement in 9-2020 would be the CURRENT president.  I thought the current president was an honest great wonderful and loved man ?  I thought only Marcos was shipping out thousands of tons of gold from the Philippines.  If the CURRENT president is shipping out Billions of Dollars of gold, then why are the people being locked down and tossed a few kilos of crap rice.  How much food can a 1,000 metric tons of gold pay for ?