Author Topic: Compilation of Maps by me...  (Read 15299 times)

Offline ianriddler

Re: Compilation of Maps by me...
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 11:32:40 PM »
Any map for BICOL area? ;D

Offline KIZUNA

• Bonds of Friendships - kizuna
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58:04 AM »
Hello and happy new year to all....
I am not claiming to this one as a treasure map but this is one landmark in somewhere, maybe can tell something...
Can any one, give some interpretations please...to english and thanks a lot...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »
Large) (WinCE).bmp.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc,gif,jpg,jpeg,mpg,pdf,png,txt,zip.

i just cant load the file...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
This shows the little Tokyo of Davao
Many Davaweno Thunters knew this one, site of many recoveries..

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »
Ohta monument in Davao's little Tokyo

KZN

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 05:54:17 PM »
Ohta monument in Davao's little Tokyo

Is that monument still there in Davao?
TW

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 11:11:31 PM »
Yes TW,

The pic below shows (with a red check mark)

Mintal has been officially declared as the Japanese Heritage Site of Davao City, which promises the future construction of a Japanese Theme Park and the reconstruction of the Japanese Relics sites.

Many accounts have been written about Mintal, mostly from oral history of its surviving pioneers. They tell mostly of stories from the Japanese occupation, as we have read earlier. Mintal, indeed is a locality filled with rich culture coming from roots of its profound history.

The barangay was once part of a vast land peopled by the Bagobo under the leadership of Datu Intal, the Bagobo chieftain who died in 1889.
The datu left behind the legacy of his name Intal, which was subsequently changed to Mintal.

The early Japanese migrants referred to it as Mintaro. Given thus, the name Mintal can be considered as a symbol of the social transformation of Mindanao with migrants, both foreign and local, taking over the island numerically, politically, economically, and culturally.

A familiar landmark of Mintal is the Ohta Monument, a monolith in honor of Ohta Kyosaburo, considered by local historians as the “Father of Davao development.”

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 11:13:30 PM »

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:52 PM »
Japanese School Children in Davao, January 17, 1940

One in among those in the photo, contributed to some nice stories i ever compiled...
In my next postings , i would be featuring old photo collections that talks about Davao City's History and landmarks of which are very plausible locations of some golden lily hoards might be hidden...
Tis' new year more will be presented in continuation with what BV has inspired here...

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »
davao sur...

KZN

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
yep "Spoon Fed" is exactly what they want....handed to them on a plate........
rather than research libraries, museums, newspaper archives and local WWII history.

easy money they hope........ :D i dont think so !  ;)

anyway.. start digging guys..

ragards

You're very right Sir Janner the "colored fonts" are the supposed great things to do..RESEARCH....

Thanks and best regards,
Elyong
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline Elyong

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 07:22:05 PM »
davao sur...

Sir Kizuna,

How are you Sir? Good to know that you have that (detailed) map of Davao Del Sur.. ;)

Best regards,
Elyong
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:33 AM »
Hello friend Elyong,

I am still flowing...
Maps?, proofs of original "reports" of Jap officer to another officer?,
specific map/s of site?.....These are all of no value Elyong of you don't have authority or legal claim to the real sites.
As Ben Valmores have emphasized here before, he can point to some real sites and he can bet to anyone that a certain site/s he would point is really authentic. He would point to anyone here, as a sample, that that someone should have the capability the (right tools and equipment, the right mindset, atittude and credibility).
Anyone here?, i know he will give you one site, that is, if you are the right guy.

KZN

Offline KIZUNA

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 03:04:57 AM »
This is for our comrades here in TSEATC, to those who are tired and weary, financially devastated as a result of that common "sickness" that hiot most members here....,

“In desperate times, much more than anything else, folks need perspective. For perspective brings calm. Calm leads to clear thinking. Clear thinking yields new ideas. And ideas produce the bloom...of an answer. Keep your head and heart clear. Perspective can just as easily be lost as it can be found.” -- Andy Andrews

KZN

Offline Elyong

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »
Hello friend Elyong,

I am still flowing...
Maps?, proofs of original "reports" of Jap officer to another officer?,
specific map/s of site?.....These are all of no value Elyong of you don't have authority or legal claim to the real sites.
As Ben Valmores have emphasized here before, he can point to some real sites and he can bet to anyone that a certain site/s he would point is really authentic. He would point to anyone here, as a sample, that that someone should have the capability the (right tools and equipment, the right mindset, atittude and credibility).
Anyone here?, i know he will give you one site, that is, if you are the right guy.

You are truly right Sir.... :) and thank you very much...