Author Topic: Treasure Island  (Read 7837 times)

Offline Janner

Treasure Island
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:44:04 PM »
I remember a long time ago reading a historical story, about a certain Island here in the PI.

Apparently some chinese Pirates landed on a Island and buried some large jars containing various precious gems and items(?). The island was the only one in the group with a valley on it starting from the beach area...
              This Is land had a bad name from the locals, something to do with ghosts or snakes, cant remember, but they feared to go there.

The Island group is........Pulillio Islands. And apparently the "treasure" is still there, as the locals are still afraid to venture inland..........
its a historical record of the Philippines........but cant remember where i read it.............ggrrrrr

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: Treasure Island
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:50:34 PM »
Janner,
That's interesting and I would certainly like to know more about this story.
TW

Offline Janner

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
I have the info on a CD, so see if i can find it and post it here, not sure if the CD has been corrupted or not, but will give it a go.
Lots more on this CD too.............any wait up, see what i can do

Regards

Offline Janner

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 11:31:34 PM »
Apparently the chinese pirate used to bury their captives in "Ming" vases as part of the torture, and also various precious items too. The island is believed to be "Haunted" and the locals dont like the idea of going onto it. But it is said that with modern detectors it wouldnt be to hard to locate the area...??

The Pulillio Islands, it is the island furthest from land, but doesn't say which one, but a Haunted island will be known........

Thats all the info.

regards

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 02:30:15 AM »
Pulillio Islands? Is that in the Philippines?
TW

Offline Edtsr

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »
In Quezon we have this Island called Polillo Island, According to wikipedia "The name "Polilio" derives its name from the Chinese word "Pulilu", which means beautiful island with plenty of food. Afterwards, due to language difficulties, its first name "Pulilu" then became "Pulilio".

Offline Janner

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:25:19 PM »
Islands just off the West side of the philippines, near quezon.......

t_hunter44

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
Apparently the chinese pirate used to bury their captives in "Ming" vases as part of the torture, and also various precious items too. The island is believed to be "Haunted" and the locals dont like the idea of going onto it. But it is said that with modern detectors it wouldnt be to hard to locate the area...??

The Pulillio Islands, it is the island furthest from land, but doesn't say which one, but a Haunted island will be known........

Thats all the info.

regards
As I understand, when one of their Chinese comrades die, they bury him with all his properties.

Offline Janner

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »
they buried their "Captives" in the jars, a form of torture, but also precious items.
Sort of a "Pirates Cove" scenario.....

t_hunter44

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 01:13:16 PM »
Islands just off the West side of the philippines, near quezon.......

Polillo Island is truly near Quezon Province but not on the West side of the Philippines as it is located on the Eastern seaboard, the Pacific side, so it should be East.

Offline Janner

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »
Correct...my mistake............ ::)