Author Topic: NEED HELP! GOLD BARS( Fake or Genuine???)  (Read 13585 times)

Offline thenorthface

NEED HELP! GOLD BARS( Fake or Genuine???)
« on: April 22, 2010, 06:21:02 AM »
My friend found a Gold Chest with 24pcs of Gold Bars somewhere in bukidnon...
Markings on gold bars are: CAMBODIA, Au, 99.9, numbers like 042832...

Questions:
1.How to tell that its a Genuine or fake Gold Bars?? Physical and Chemical test/check???

2. Are the markings does exist???

Need urgent reply...

ty so much

DINDO BAYAUA

Re: NEED HELP! GOLD BARS( Fake or Genuine???)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:27:54 AM »
Cut at least 1/4 of it and let it be discreetly assayed in a pawnshop.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 06:30:34 AM »
NorthFace,

What's the dimensions of the bars?

1. First you can do a simple calculation and weight test.

2. Well for DORE bars, any markings are always possible.

3. Yes, its always good to cut it into several pieces and take a piece to the gold assayer at the pawn shop.

Let us know..
TW

Offline Janner

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:47:58 AM »
what i did with a bar brought to me, was to take a piece i cut off to the local goldsmith, (makes jewelry and stuff) and he tested it for me...(Lead!!) free to..... ;)

To much makes people curious.... ;)

ps..if you melt a thin sliver with your lighter and it melts...it will be the color it is.."silver=Lead" Gold is=Gold !!
platinum is harder to melt....
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:51:19 AM by janner »

Offline thenorthface

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:03:02 AM »
salamat mga bossing..^^

Another Question:
1. By physical checking po, anu po yung typical characteristics nang Gold bars to identify genuine from fake??

Sa pagkakaalam ko, malleable and doesnt react to acids(from yahoo), 2nd question: Any acid will do or mayroon specific acid na  gagamitin for testing??

:-*

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »
It's Nitric Acid. Right guys?

Offline Janner

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:12:15 AM »
i would suggest you google "real Cambodian gold  bars" and you will see the typical look of such bars, however if they have been re-smelted looks can change...??

as for the acids, again google them and you can find the acids that will work too determine fake or.........?/

which ever, lotsa luck there..................

Just found this..................

Testing Gold

Scratch the object with a file and apply a drop of Nitric Acid. If the object turns a bright green it is gold plated or gold filled on base metal.
 If the object turns a pinkish cream colour it is plated or gold filled on silver.
 10 karat gold will turn dark brown.
 12 karat gold will turn light brown.
14 karat or higher will have little or no reaction.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:16:12 AM by janner »

Offline MasKara

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »
Please use common sense I am not saying these to be rude but to prevent people critical to my posting to arrive in a negative interpretation.

Gold is Gold any form, shape and size.
Value will not depreciate. no matter form, shape and size.

Therefore why not melt your assumed gold bars. In liquid state it is still gold, value will not depreciate.

By then you can sell it in a any size shape or form taking away suspicion that you found Y-treasure that will compromise the safety of your family and friends. If your friend will do these and can sell it that way I will believe 100%,

Why go to all those testings and measuring etc...etc... while these is the most common sense and primitive way of doing it? Why go to all those hazzles and announce it to everybody you found gold? While miners in Diwalwal can sell their find like these method why can't your friend do it?

Please do not take my why questions, questioning your ability. This is just one way of me to clear your thinking and reasoning. If you will not ask why? then how can you ask How?

Bro I am just making your life easy d not complicate it. Next time do not go posting looking for answer use your ability I know you can do it.

Tell your friend to sell his gold to pawnshop little by little be patient even if it gets 5 years to accumulate enough puhunan (investment) when the money grows apply for mining license then he can sell his gold by kilos and tons.

Offline Gener

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
If you guys haves a problem with your goldbars,,,give it to me,,fake or genuine accepted(bronze is expensive nowadays) and i will say in million words thankyou very much... ;D

Offline lagalag

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 03:12:28 PM »
if you want we can check them for you and buy them too if youre not too complicated to deal with...