Author Topic: Curtis Maps  (Read 35916 times)

coolfun125

Curtis Maps
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:13:10 AM »
TW

Is there anything you can do to convince Yolanda Curtis to allow us to get hold or even just to see the maps in her possession before she passes away ?  I understand this will not be an easy proposition ( who should have the chance to see, what will the process be, to whom should she bequeath them, etc. so many other concerns that are all difficult to decide on and definitely mind boggling...) but something should be done about it... Why ? well, if we knew exactly how to go after what we are digging, then we can spare lives in the process of our pursuits.  I don't know, maybe it's mission impossible to get to see those maps but I am just thinking out loud and considering that her time is ticking...and hoping someone can do something about it.

Offline Janner

Re: Curtis Maps
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:27:18 AM »
Now that is a question?? phew!

example if one should get the Polaroids, and able to find, say the first location with ease....

and now the government steps in...? Now what?......

so many variables in this one........

best of luck though.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »
CoolFun,

Yes, that's a good question indeed. Since I haven't spoken to Yolanda for several years, I'm not sure how to suddenly go about it. Did you try to email or talk to her?

TW

Offline fernando

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:45:16 AM »
specially those are major sites.
IF YOU FOUND YOURSELF IN A DEEP HOLE
" STOP DIGGING"

coolfun125

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 07:51:11 PM »
TW

Please pass me (PM) her email if you have it. I tried googling it but couldn't find it. I don't mind dropping her a line.  I figure though, you have more credibility having had coffee with RC yourself.
But I don't mind giving it a shot, nothing to lose.

Offline Janner

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:12:25 PM »
I dont think she would give up those just like that. There has to be credibility there first.
I'm sure she will say "why should I"? and then what will you do with the proceeds etc etc etc....

thats if said Polaroids still exist today?

and i dont think she would even entertain someone she doesnt know or trust.....

however.....???

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 04:03:56 AM »
Janner is right. I haven't spoken to her for some time but I heard that several people had approached her for the maps but she didn't give them because of various reasons. Most probably 'trust' was the main issue.

I had more then just 'coffee' with RC. I visited them in Vegas for one week and spent every day x 8 hours per day with them and RC showed and told me many things.

I can't just go giving out Yolanda's email to just anyone. If you have Bob's old email you can see if she's using that. I will try to email her to see if it's still good and if she will even reply back.

TW

coolfun125

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 05:51:46 AM »
If I were Yolanda, i wouldn't give it to any Tom, Dick or Harry as well ( Tomas, Juan or Buboy).
TW, I wish you the best in this attempt. I hope something positive comes up in the future, who knows. Maybe she will even entrust it to you, then again, you will have to start donning a bullet proof vest or checking your rearview mirror often for bespectacled guys who could be stalking you.  Goodluck though, we will cheer for your success, speaking for myself at least. Cool

t_hunter44

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »
Guys,
     Who is this Yolanda Curtis that you are interested in and what is the story behind her and somebody mentioned about maps.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »
Yolanda Curtis is the widow of Bob Curtis. In the 1980's, Bob supposedly had taken photos of 172 Japanese WWII treasure site maps. When Bob died a few years ago, everything was left to his wife, Yolanda.
TW

Offline Elyong

• A quitter never wins - a winner never quits
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »
To all

Hi Sirs, I would just like to share my thoughts to the topic.

Yolanda Curtis is the widow of Bob Curtis. In the 1980's, Bob supposedly had taken photos of 172 Japanese WWII treasure site maps. When Bob died a few years ago, everything was left to his wife, Yolanda.)
TW

First, is this Mrs. Y. Curtis a filipina or an american? Do they have children at legal age now? Second, maybe she is now keeping not only the map photos but also, she might still lived to what Mr. Bob Curtis' last will (Message) to her before he died. A sort of some instructions whom to give the maps in due time.
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 05:38:15 AM »
Elyong,

Yolanda is Mexican-American. They don't have any children and Bob left everything to her. I did try to contact her a few times via email but she didn't reply back.
TW

Offline Elyong

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 08:47:58 PM »
Sir TW,

May I know how old is she now? (am just curious). I do hope that you can finally contact her so she can share the maps with you and who knows if all of it are located and could be found here in the Philippines. just my two cents. :)

Elyong
:) A true THunter never say never. Sincerity, Loyalty and Truthfulness are the keys to win everyone's heart.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 03:43:21 AM »
Elyoung,

I'm not sure about her age. I would guess she would be mid to late 60's maybe? Or early 70's?
TW

Offline Elyong

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
Sir TW,

Thank you very much.

Regards,