Author Topic: Bronze Cannons Wanted!  (Read 9686 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Bronze Cannons Wanted!
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:51:49 AM »
If anyone has or knows anyone who's has any original bronze cannons (like the type off of shipwrecks shown in the below photos) please contact me ASAP.
Thanks,
Tony

Offline NORTHSTAR

Re: Bronze Cannons Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 03:18:44 PM »
Admin

Yap I've seen  2 bronze cannons in Datu Piang, Maguindanao at their municipal hall. It was one of the oldest site of spaniards. The 2 cannons are still mounting in the municipal hall. We used to play there with my cousins.  I do not know if that 2 cannons are still there.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 04:12:30 PM »
Well, if they are still there at the municipal hall.. they may not want to sell those. The best source is the Fishermen around the Philippines because they usually recover them themselves and also happen know where all the good wrecks are located.
TW

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
Admin

Can you give me a figure if how much it will cost as of today. Datu Piang is the native homeland of my father. This is the place where my Grandfather taken by the japs during wWII. My aunt found 1 sack of Japs money bills beside the municipal after the wwII.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
NS,

Can you give me an amount if I tell you I have a clump of gold to sell you??? No. You cannot. Not without ALL THE DETAILS. I rest my case.

TW

Offline Janner

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 09:16:35 PM »
Wow, a pair of those mounted at my gate way would look nice.... ;)

Offline Gener

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:09:16 PM »
The grandfather of my wife owns 2 of this and they sticked them into the ground, put wire on it and dry the laundry. everytime i ask for my pajamas, they answers me Khod al madfaa(take from the cannon) but they are not for sale im sure as they dont even wanted me to touch it. They even got angry at me when i joked bronze is expensive. :o

Offline Janner

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »
did you know that all the navigational and grid lines of the world originate from a bronze cannon put upright in a place near Salisbury UK.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 03:51:25 AM »
The grandfather of my wife owns 2 of this and they sticked them into the ground, put wire on it and dry the laundry. everytime i ask for my pajamas, they answers me Khod al madfaa(take from the cannon) but they are not for sale im sure as they dont even wanted me to touch it. They even got angry at me when i joked bronze is expensive. :o

WHAT? What a waste! Everyone wants money (unless they are already millionaires) so I really can't understand why they would not want to sell those? How long are they?
TW

Offline Gener

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 04:30:28 AM »
They are not millionaires but they owns a farm as far as your eyes can see. and they says that those were confiscated by their ancestors so they value it but hangs the laundry. a huge stork even loves on top of it.

Offline Gener

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:50 AM »
Lenght is more than 3 meters and diameter around 50cms at the biggest approx estimate...

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 06:02:30 AM »
Gener,

If those are really old Spanish bronze cannons and that size, then they would worth a lot of money to them (if they are still in good condition). Is there any crest and/or writing on them?

TW

Offline Gener

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 06:08:14 AM »
There is like embossed logo with spanish letters but not exposed much as its full of stork phoo around. it was like an entrance gate for the farmhouse and they dont really know its value..and so i am..

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »
Please ask them to take some photos and measure the lengths and send me the info ASAP so can let you know their value.
TW

Offline Gener

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 06:14:23 AM »
Roger that....