Author Topic: More Water Pump Discussions  (Read 10995 times)

t_hunter44

Re: More Water Pump Discussions
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 01:29:34 AM »
At the time I was there, bicycles  rule the road and I hate the pedicabs there, the customer is up front, pedicab  driver is behind, guess what happens if you have a a head-on collision, and the drivers there, like back home.Philutan is the term they use for Filipino, at the time 2 numbers is used to describe a person, either  you are number 10 or number one and number 10 means you are no good. I enjoyed my stay there even if there was hostilities at the time but a year Tour of Duty was enough, did not want to press my luck. ;D

Offline Janner

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 02:31:12 AM »
hahaha yep remember the #1 syndrome.....
bicycles rule still, mostly female but scooters are becoming the rage, and a traffic holdup can be 100+ bikes surrounding you..

and now they are very hospitable and friendly....even the bars are ...well... they are ;)

thankfully no more bangs at night...

t_hunter44

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 09:54:51 PM »
hahaha yep remember the #1 syndrome.....
bicycles rule still, mostly female but scooters are becoming the rage, and a traffic holdup can be 100+ bikes surrounding you..

and now they are very hospitable and friendly....even the bars are ...well... they are ;)

thankfully no more bangs at night...
  Bammiba(Vietnamese Beer) on one hand and a Vietnamese chick on the other, who cares about the war then.

Offline Janner

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »
Bia Hoi was the local beer, a bit like rice flavored, so we opted for the US beer which came in by the plane load, plus was free.... ;)

sit in the bar with the chick in red skirts, cold beer and the war didnt exist....until........BoooM ....then it was tactical withdrawal......still, some good memories..