Author Topic: WWII Japanese compass  (Read 41265 times)

Offline NORTHSTAR

Re: WWII Japanese compass
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 03:40:24 AM »
This is my original World War II Japanese Compass. This was found inside the Jar with some valuable items. This compass is a reversed compass. The north is pointing at south while east is pointing at west and vice versa.. Maybe this what other treasure hunting were saying about reversed engineering because real north was reversed to south. Take a look at this compass

Excuse me but that doesn't look reversed to me. It seems that you've just got them facing OPPOSITE directions. That's all. Do we look stupid to you or what, Mr. NS?
Why don't you turn them both facing the SAME direction and then take your new photos for us to compare with?
TW

Tony

I'm not making anybody stupid in this site. I am sharing relevant information here. Compass always point at the north if put that at even surface. But this compass point at south. Compare that to my other compass which really point at north.. You cannot turn them both in one direction. It will reverse again and again.. Did you get my point.

Janner

post a pic of the back of your compass If you dare !!!

Did you see the back of the compass? What can you say?

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:39 AM »
There is a second opinion on it. my opinion at that. It is called the pouring of Anti-Colonialist sentiments and the establishment of its own identity.

Just something to think:

Why did Japan adopted the Metric System in 1924, instead of the English system, despite of all the presence, friendship, and introduction of "modern" technology by the western world there?

What is the history of the Japanese light machineguns, why is the magasine being placed on top of the barrel and not on the side or the bottom? And the above (IF true); why was the marking pointer "painted" to the South and not to the North?

I am no anti-colonialist but rather, I grew up with all the history books of my parents and I read between the lines.

Dindo

You get a good point in your above statement that Japanese adopted metric system as their standard of measurement before the war.. Take a look at the scale of the compass used by Japanese.. 1: 25,000     Meter. But the readable word is ETER

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 05:59:59 AM »
Dindo

You get a good point in your above statement that Japanese adopted metric system as their standard of measurement before the war.. Take a look at the scale of the compass used by Japanese.. 1: 25,000     Meter. But the readable word is ETER

Really? I was expecting that one. Japanese military issues in WWII never use the spelling "METER", they use the spelling "METRE". :D :D :D

Now we are talking.

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 06:34:48 AM »
The spelling "METER" was only made use there after  the war in 1947 when the Americans were already there due to the pouring of development assistance on the damages caused by the war.

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 06:39:18 AM »
That was under the provisions of the Treaty of peace with Japan

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 06:58:06 AM »
Therefore, that compass could only have been produced in 1951, six long years after the war.

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 07:08:35 AM »
Therefore, that compass could only have been made in 1951 or so.  :D :D :D

t_hunter44

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »
another pic
      Take a look for yourself on Post#505. CLICK on ANY of the photos to ENLARGE, then on the TOP RIGHT CORNER, CLICK on the ARROW, Left or Right and the photos will be Enlarged individually or zoomed -in . Look at that BLACKLINE which is noticeably part of the lens, at one time it was pointed between 260 and 280, ::)NS forgot to turn the Bezel so that Black Line will Point to south.Degree variations is still correct, increasing clockwise from zero. Ido not need to dictate to you guys what you need to see and influence you, study it yourself and make your own conclusions, have fun.

t_hunter44

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »
  Also, take note of that BLACK LINE, on some of the photos, it is OFFSET from the CENTER, that cannot happen if that is the compass needle. Guys, do not be deceive.

t_hunter44

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »
Maybe this is the right way to present the compass. I placed a tornado level to make the surface even, so that compass moves freely. I positioned both compass in the same direction. Take note of the yellow line from my new compass and black line to the Japanese compass. The result is still the same. They were on opposite direction of the north and south reference point

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 03:10:43 AM »
East and West reference point. Still in opposite direction

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 03:17:53 AM »
Top view

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 03:20:33 AM »
Bottom

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 03:33:39 AM »
This will be the future design, so that no degree of error in getting the exact bearing. I'm still designing the stand of the compass that can be utilized in all terrain formations. Handy and user's friendly. The compass will be mounted on top of the tornado level. so that the surface will be even and compass will moved freely to get the exact direction.